Red Dead Redemption 2

so there's no way of viewing Rockstar games via any online Storefront like Steam has?...meaning I don't need to download the Steam client to view all the available games and prices...Rockstar has no web interface like Steam has?...I need to download the launcher?

the Gamespot article lists a Special Edition for $60 and an Ultimate Edition for $80...those are the only 2 available or is there a Standard Edition as well?

So will this game HAVE to be launched through the rockstar client?

so there's no way of viewing Rockstar games via any online Storefront like Steam has?...meaning I don't need to download the Steam client to view all the available games and prices...Rockstar has no web interface like Steam has?...I need to download the launcher?

the Gamespot article lists a Special Edition for $60 and an Ultimate Edition for $80...those are the only 2 available or is there a Standard Edition as well?

I believe the regular pricing will be a standard edition for $60, special edition for $80, and ultimate edition for $100. Rockstar is giving a $20 discount to the later two if you pre-order from them, thus everyone gets a free upgrade for the special edition or they can pay $20 for ultimate.

I believe the regular pricing will be a standard edition for $60, special edition for $80, and ultimate edition for $100. Rockstar is giving a $20 discount to the later two if you pre-order from them, thus everyone gets a free upgrade for the special edition or they can pay $20 for ultimate.
Which the ultimate version still not worth it.

Last edited:

wasn't GTA5 cheaper when it launched on PC?...it's been a year since it came out on console so I was hoping Rockstar would lower the price a bit at launch

I went ahead and pre-ordered to get the bonus stuff/discount, i'll have to clear some space on my ssd for the 150gb :) Loved the first one back in the day on the PS3. Good to know about the ultimate edition, i almost order that version.

Dang, i guess i need another SSD, 150GB?

Guess I could install on my 7200 HD. May be loooooooooooooong load times.

How good is the launcher? I dont mind launchers as long as they are good quality. Meaning they should work properly when I need them to.

I'm a bit concerned, it seems to be region locked. I live in the Caribbean and don't have an option to buy ANYTHING on the Rockstar store. Hopefully it's only region locked for sales and not for play.
no idea about that. maybe vpn to NA. also, are you right near da beach? ;)

ermahgurd a new launcher...
i sometimes wonder how old are the people bitching about this.

^^ What he said.

What are you guys running, 4GB of RAM? I have every single launcher out there installed and just to test it I've run all simultaneously without any problems on 32GB of RAM. But, I'm not an idiot and have none of them set to auto-start when windows boots except for Steam, which is what I use 98% of the time anyway. Only the launcher I need for the game I'm playing is running. If you find there is a launcher running you aren't using, then close it. It isn't rocket science.

Official PC Trailer (4K60). Vague and spoiler free as Rockstar always does, but I can't wait.

- 60 fps and beyond
- 4K resolution and beyond
- Proper HDR
- Increased draw distances
- Higher quality global illumination
- Higher quality ambient occlusion
- Higher quality snow trails
- Improved reflections
- Deeper, higher resolution shadows at all distances
- Tessellated tree textures
- Improved grass textures
- Improved fur textures
- Multi-monitor support
- Widescreen support
- Keyboard and mouse controls option
- Likely mod support

Last edited:
That trailer definitely makes it look terrific.
If it has mod support, a quick travel implementation and an overhauled inventory would go a long way toward making it a great game.

Didn't they kill GTA V mod support on PC? Why would we assume that RDR2 will have it?

The point is that Rockstar adding official mod support to the game would be highly unlikely. If they do it would probably be extremely limited. They don't want to kill their online cash cow.

I suspect my main use of this game in the future is going to be benchmarking.

I'm OK with that.

So this game is on Epic will it still require the Rockstar launcher?

Every Rockstar game does now. It's kinda like uPlay games you buy on Steam. It'll launch the game from Steam, but it'll start uPlay at the same time.

Not sure if this was posted before.

But LOL Hickok getting in to the action.

This is true, 109 gb, glad its the end of the month, ATT gives me 1tb and im at 800gb before even downloading RR2. :)

upload_2019-10-30_13-37-1.png

Finished the pre-load, but it looks like we still got close to 40GB or so to download on launch day.

How likely is it that RDR2 will be pretty optimized right off the bat?

I didn't play GTA V on PC when it came out, nor have much experience with Rockstar new releases on PC.

Are we all expecting some headaches here? Or are they usually pretty solid on day 1?

Back