Red Dead Redemption 2

I just killed my horse, lol, awkwardly ran into a train near the station (it slipped between some pillars) and the train ran over it, and I was thrown out of the saddle...and a horse of almost 1000usd and I groomed him almost everything, fuck...and that in annesburg it seems to me that there is no stable, I put a saddle on some parked horse for two dollars, lol
What do you recommend for the future, supposedly the best horse in the game is free but I haven't researched where it is yet, I guess there are some youtube instructions.
couldnt you revive it?

White Arabian Horse | RDR2 & Online Horse Stats & Locations (gtabase.com)

I accidentally killed my first horse because I crashed it near a river bank among some rocks. It was angled in such a way that its front half was submerged and its ass was on the rocks.

I couldn't get on it or push it out of that position before it drowned.

RIP Squire Giddyup.

I just killed my horse, lol, awkwardly ran into a train near the station (it slipped between some pillars) and the train ran over it, and I was thrown out of the saddle...and a horse of almost 1000usd and I groomed him almost everything, fuck...and that in annesburg it seems to me that there is no stable, I put a saddle on some parked horse for two dollars, lol
What do you recommend for the future, supposedly the best horse in the game is free but I haven't researched where it is yet, I guess there are some youtube instructions.
The horse you want is in the North West part of the map where you start the game. The 'Rockies' part of the map. It's white and I believe arabian. It takes some time to tame it, it will buck you and run a few times. It can be easy to lose it in the snow.

Unfortunately no, the train must have crossed his neck.
Up in the corner was a notice that my horse had died and that I could steal a new one, buy one, etc.
I have already finished the story and now i am just wandering around the game.
I see that in some places you can't even come by boat, I have a standard PC game, I don't know if it has to be paid or what?
It's like I miss some cities too

Last edited:
Unfortunately no, the train must have crossed his neck.
Up in the corner was a notice that my horse had died and that I could steal a new one, buy one, etc.

I see that in some places you can't even come by boat, I have a standard PC game, I don't know if it has to be paid or what?
It's like I miss some cities too
ah i c.
wat? "come by boat"? do you mean "take a boat"? yes there are dead ends and invisible fences to keep you on the map. oh and it will just sink you some times too, if youre too far out.
should be able to go everywhere post game, i am, kinda boring though....

Spoiler alert

What do you spend money on, except for the usual things like horses and shops? I was not on the whore with Arthur and now I play with John. He plays his approach to whores because he has a wife .. Now I would like to whore and I can't ...
I have $ 20000 now and I have nothing to spend when most of the weapons and the rest already have.
My advice, when you need to decide to go with John or get back for money, go for money because with John in the game there is no whores.

I ended up using my $ to just buy up all the guns in the game and upgrade them to the max. Ditto with all of the random items being sold by fences and such. I only used a handful of them (there's a clear hierarchy to how useful everything is in RDR2), but I bought all the other stuff just for the hell of it. I did the exact same thing in GTA5, too.

I caught that white horse by accident, it appeared in front of me in the mountains and I started to catch it, it's probably that white Arabian, I mostly like the horse, I named it Bela, now I have two, I'll use one for animals

I caught that white horse by accident, it appeared in front of me in the mountains and I started to catch it, it's probably that white Arabian, I mostly like the horse, I named it Bela, now I have two, I'll use one for animals

Best horse in the game is the Braithwaite Turkoman (or any other Turkoman you find/buy). Essentially the same speed/acceleration as the Arabian but it’s of the War Horse lineage so it doesn’t spook easily. Plus it doesn’t feel like you’re riding a miniature pony.

b1rd -

just a heads up, regardless of the money or john choice Arthur still dies and you still play the epilogue with John.

It can also prevent arthur from getting sick, in the mission where thomas goes, he should wear a mask, supposedly then arthur survives and does not die.
By the way, I caught a horse, a standard, which is called as arthur, ie it is called morgan

I haven't played games in a long time and I don't get along very well in this one. Plus what a stupid port game is. I didn't even know that toogle doesn't work, it needs to be hold and then I can give and accept commands.
I only realized this when I could not pass the mission where john has to propose abigail

On the PC, the game is plagued by bugs and buttons that don't work, etc., on consoles it's probably getting better, but I'm not a console player.
By the way, this is a game that attracted me after a long time because it is real. Otherwise, all today's games are stupid with stupid aliens and the like. I bought hitman 3, tried it a bit and immediately made a refund.The first hitmans were not perfect but they for pc and they had real charm, this one doesn't have it at all.Plus when I see all those commands for consoles, it immediately makes me sick.
And since the ultra settings on the rtx 3060 i can forget on 1080p, really a disaster how we are blackmailed with that, i should have the rtx 3090 and the best amd processor to make the stupid hitman 3 play on pc on the ultra in the miserable 27 " 1080p monitor, really a disaster and miserable how we are being blackmailed and how only the elite can play on ultra.It's a real disaster that the ryzen 2700x and rtx 3060 can't ultra at 1080p,a real disaster as they ruined PC gaming.

This game rdr2 has real people around you, characters, shows history and how people lived before.Really real refreshment and I really like the game.
I also watched a video on youtube with the "actors" in the game, they made them almost the same in the game as in reality. Really cool, sadie adler aka alex mckenna is hot.

By the way, I have pasted some markers on the map that I can't remove and that keep repeating to me, I have to click on them and click again so that I can position myself where I am, does anyone know how these markers can be removed? I have more and I can't / don't know how to remove them.

Last edited:
It can also prevent arthur from getting sick, in the mission where thomas goes, he should wear a mask, supposedly then arthur survives and does not die.
That's a forced part of the plot as well. To the tune of wearing a bandana to Thomas's place it is removed in the cut scene.

On the PC, the game is plagued by bugs and buttons that don't work, etc., on consoles it's probably getting better, but I'm not a console player.
In my only playthrough (this last winter), only in the way latter parts of the game did I come across any truly repeatable bugs, but nothing show stopping or game breaking. The visuals got a little cockeyed in parts (like John's knife was suspended two feet above/behind him when crouched at a fire). One part in New Austin did my horse flip out and run into a tree. My play through was on PC (stats in my sig) with xbox controller though. On a rare occasion the game would try to fight my controller setup to replace it with keyboard, but that may be happened a dozen times over 200 hours.

I have to click on them and click again so that I can position myself where I am, does anyone know how these markers can be removed?
When in your map hit the button to show the index. It will show you they keys to hover over and remove any markers you made.

That's a forced part of the plot as well. To the tune of wearing a bandana to Thomas's place it is removed in the cut scene.

In my only playthrough (this last winter), only in the way latter parts of the game did I come across any truly repeatable bugs, but nothing show stopping or game breaking. The visuals got a little cockeyed in parts (like John's knife was suspended two feet above/behind him when crouched at a fire). One part in New Austin did my horse flip out and run into a tree. My play through was on PC (stats in my sig) with xbox controller though. On a rare occasion the game would try to fight my controller setup to replace it with keyboard, but that may be happened a dozen times over 200 hours.

When in your map hit the button to show the index. It will show you they keys to hover over and remove any markers you made.
Resolved, thank you very much.
I had a lot of them, two in the area outside the map, but now I managed to solve those two, thank you very much, now it has worked.I'm constantly struggling with some nonsense that works a little and then doesn't.

The game is obviously controlled by artificial intelligence or as it is called AI, it has some strange messages in the drawers of the closet and the like.
I looked at youtube from one character and in it the micah bell shot arthur in the head, with me as far as I remember it is not at all.
So with me micah and arthur were fighting, arthur was getting nasty beatings, and when arthur crawled to the gun Dutch appeared who stood on the gun.After that, dialogue etc. Dutch turns and goes to his side, Micah also to his side and only Arthur remains who then dies.
And I didn’t even know it 100% when all of a sudden after that I was playing with John, I said :what is it now

Last edited:
I just finished this game about 1-2 month ago, about 70 hours in total. I so wanted to completionist it (ended around 70% overall), but accidentally started the final mission and completed it. I loved every second of this game, except for those times when freaking "rockstar" controls happened, lol. Ended up being to the demise of my OG horse "Roach" (yeah, I know, I'm about to go back and replay that for a 6-7th time too) via a cliff edge trying to hunt perfect beaver pelts in "Kentucky". Got yeeted off that cliff, and boom, watched Roach float down the river as my beaver scurried away lol. Literally had him up until the last 1-2 missions, he was my boy, never bought any others.

But anyway.... this game is on sale right now on steam, and I wrote it off for the longest time (never played it on PS3 or w/e)... biggest mistake ever. Now I have that permanently empty feeling after the game ended, it was that good. Even now with the summer sales going on, I can't get myself to pull the trigger on anything. "how does X game stack up to RDR2...." welp, it never will, better pass on it. It's rough.

I'm about to say F Witcher 3 for another go and fire RDR2 right back up, new game and all. IMO, this game is worth 60 bucks all day long, and I don't say that hardly ever. 30 bucks is a steal for even a single, semi-rushed playthrough.

AlphaQup - I feel ya' man - I finished the main story for RDR2 10 months ago & just didn't want to play "after" that ending.

I don't want to spoil anything, but I jumped back in recently to finish the hunting & fishing & before ya' know it, you're helping some chump you met on the side of the road.

IDK if I should name my next horse Good Sam or SUCKERRRRRR....

New Game+ would be awesome. I know they have supported the online a lot but
You go down far south enough you are literally in the entire territory from RDR. I would pay some good money to have RDR added as an expansion pack/dlc to that territory and I know I'm not the only one. It's not completely dead either. I ran into some enemies, a few towns...it's ready to go.

Just picked this up in the Steam Sale. It has been a while since I played the first one, but the beginning in this seems to be dragging a bit. I felt like I was able to get into the "open world" faster in the first game
with an RTX 3080 which is the best way to play this game- DX12 or Vulkan?
From what i read, Vulkan

Last edited:
Just picked this up in the Steam Sale. It has been a while since I played the first one, but the beginning in this seems to be dragging a bit. I felt like I was able to get into the "open world" faster in the first game

From what i read, Vulkan
Yes, the vulkan is recommended, it set it up for me automatically, you just turn off the motion blur so that it doesn't disturb even more.
Yes, it goes slowly a lot, I played more the main story so that when I finished the main story I started wandering.
But i recommend doing more side missions,bounty etc.,when something happens while riding go there and fix it,or investigate.i don't recommend skipping dialogue and the like, the game is basically a lot of fun and can be funny and sad.

when you're going to collect a debt with that thomas, I think, or whatever it's called, put on a mask, a phantom, but one that is completely closed to your mouth because then you won't pick up the disease (tuberculosis), so even arthur may not die
you can wear a mask all the time when you go to collect debts or something like that, robbery etc. and it pays to be good at the game.
I have a covid19 for the second time, I'm practically not going anywhere, but I still pick it up from someone somewhere, I try to be careful but it doesn't work, maybe in the game the mask passes. What is your condition? Was it determined that the virus was deliberately released or that it escaped from the laboratory? Did you get vaccinated?

when you're going to collect a debt with that thomas, I think, or whatever it's called, put on a mask, a phantom, but one that is completely closed to your mouth because then you won't pick up the disease (tuberculosis), so even arthur may not die
you can wear a mask all the time when you go to collect debts or something like that, robbery etc. and it pays to be good at the game.
I have a covid19 for the second time, I'm practically not going anywhere, but I still pick it up from someone somewhere, I try to be careful but it doesn't work, maybe in the game the mask passes. What is your condition? Was it determined that the virus was deliberately released or that it escaped from the laboratory? Did you get vaccinated?

From what i've read, you can't avoid getting Tuberculosis. If you think about it, it's so tied into events and such. It's basically how the story unfolds.

with an RTX 3080 which is the best way to play this game- DX12 or Vulkan?

The shipping version of Vulkan wasn't that great, but in one of the first few patches they boosted performance in a massive way. It's now the way to go for both Nvidia and AMD.

The shipping version of Vulkan wasn't that great, but in one of the first few patches they boosted performance in a massive way. It's now the way to go for both Nvidia and AMD.

I wasn't sure because when looking online people seemed to be evenly split between Vulkan and DX12...

AlphaQup - I feel ya' man - I finished the main story for RDR2 10 months ago & just didn't want to play "after" that ending.

I don't want to spoil anything, but I jumped back in recently to finish the hunting & fishing & before ya' know it, you're helping some chump you met on the side of the road.

IDK if I should name my next horse Good Sam or SUCKERRRRRR....

I did just jump back in too, your comment spurred me to grind it out.

It took a bit to back into the free-roam RDR2 gameplay I loved. Those damn menial chores....

Just finished raiding the bandit/rufflers camp and killed them all, but now the game opened back up after John's family left, I can finally (hopefully!) finish up some stuff I missed on accident. My biggest miss was the "Telsa" dude, only did 2 missions with him. He was a hoot.

Worst case, IDGAF, playthrough #2 :D

EDIT: even when Arthur is dead, this game still manages to tug on the heart-strings.

And like I said, Geralt said it best: "I name all my horses Roach". I can't give you any pointers there man.

Last edited:
There is a hidden place in valentine at the doctor's, similar to in saint dennis, but here it seems that it cannot be solved without a bounty, there is money and a safe inside, it can be opened with dynamite... but in the end, the bounty eats all the money

There is a hidden place in valentine at the doctor's, similar to in saint dennis, but here it seems that it cannot be solved without a bounty, there is money and a safe inside, it can be opened with dynamite... but in the end, the bounty eats all the money
The bounty does not eat up all the money, at least not when I did it. I came out ahead. Plus it’s an easy way to get the Schofield Revolver early on in the game.

The bounty does not eat up all the money, at least not when I did it. I came out ahead. Plus it’s an easy way to get the Schofield Revolver early on in the game.
I research when I finish the main story.
That's why the bounty is obviously charging me, I received almost a $100 fine and it's only going up.

Just discovered the town of Tumbleweed on youtube, there is a lot of money around with bandits, caught a bounty...

At what percentage of the game did you finish, I'm at 87.7%, what do you have to do to get to 100%, you need to discover and catch all the animals, cards, bones, plants, etc.?

Indeed. Looking back.. I think all I was missing were the remaining chunks of the challenges and the duchesses' asinine multi part collection quest line. Initially I thought I had to 100% the missions but I guess not.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. maybe I should fire it back up to try and finish 'er out.

There is really a lot to explore and complete tasks in the game, it's good that there is YouTube so you can see the locations, this way I would never have found everything (for example, dinosaur bones) if I had searched by myself.
It's too much territory to cover everything.

Here's a tip, there is an arabian elite horse in the wapiti reservation,up in the mountains...it's the same girl as the white one,this one has stripes, lines on it...

Has the mystery of the princess been solved? Has anyone found it, I was just in Van Horn and saw that poster with a $100 reward.
Otherwise, I have only one more dino bone to find, it is located in Rio Bravo, that part of the map is still undiscovered for me.

Back