Red Dead Redemption 2

I don't believe the princess thread ever went anywhere. Though you can allegedly see her luggage at the near by fence.

Have you picked up the pig helmet in Butcher's Creek, and the viking gear further north?

I don't believe the princess thread ever went anywhere. Though you can allegedly see her luggage at the near by fence.

Have you picked up the pig helmet in Butcher's Creek, and the viking gear further north?
no, I didn't pick it up, but I discovered the house with the man and the boar, then the post stagecoach, etc., I discovered quite a lot, I don't even remember what all

I was in rio bravo, the dino bones were solved and i got a knife, and once again i caught a horse in rio bravo, there somewhere, nokota, a racing horse

Finally robbed a train outside Annesburg without a bounty, according to a video from YouTube.
And before that I met that old Indian, but when I robbed the train I lost all honor again.

I’m in a bit of a gaming rut at the moment so I came back to this glorious masterpiece. Almost a year to the day since I finished it for the first time and I’m excited to complete it the second time. Feels good to be back in this world and hearing Arthur’s voice and great dialogue.
I went on a bender with this game - completed my second playthrough and immediately started my third and I just finished that. I don’t recall any other singleplayer game I’ve completed this many times. This game is high up my list of all time greats, which is curious considering I didn’t really care for it when I first started playing.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Bender here as well. First playthrough on PS4, then twice on PC. Now thnking the 4th playthrough is unavoidable. There have been alot of SP games through the years, but RDR2 just might be the one spot. Time will tell if that holds, but it does for me at this moment.

I went on a bender with this game - completed my second playthrough and immediately started my third and I just finished that. I don’t recall any other singleplayer game I’ve completed this many times. This game is high up my list of all time greats, which is curious considering I didn’t really care for it when I first started playing.
Well gott damn now you've got me feeling like another playthrough too. I'm not sure another game quite like it will ever come along. It had a heart and soul - brilliant writing, characters with depth and that you actually cared about, and a massive open world with hundreds of thousands of unique textures and assets as well as lines of dialog - all while being actually polished from day one which almost no other big open world game is able to do (outside of maybe Zelda BOTW because Nintendo doesn't release until it's perfect).

GTA5 had some good writing but the characters were mostly forgettable, and I'm sure GTA6 will be good assuming the management shakeup and woke virus infecting Rockstar don't wreck the reckless tradition and spirit of GTA, but RDR2 is like the ultimate intersection of the most amount of good things we want in an open world game.

Last edited:
While there is plenty of humor in RDR2, it's a lot more serious vs. GTA5. In general, GTA5 is more slapstick than the previous entries thanks to Trevor being a maniac and Michael always being pissed off. Had Franklin stayed the only lead, it would have had a different tone...but it would have been boring, too. I think they probably realized that and it's why most of Niko's friends were comic relief in 4.

It'll be interesting to see if they make a true sequel to RDR2 down the line or if they go a different route. Red Dead Revolver didn't have anything to do with either Redemption game, so they could always just set the game in a different place/time with no reference to John, Arthur, etc.

I'm tempted to give this a go but after just finishing my first playthrough of Elden Ring at 240+ hours I'm not sure I'm ready for another massive time sink...I think Spider-Man Remastered will be the next game I play as I need a break to relax

Now I'm on rock cravings, just one more,one tip,use dead eye because it's very useful, I didn't use it much but now I'm using it more and more,especially for cravings, plants, animals, dinosaurs, etc.much easier to find

I just got
shipwrecked!
pleasant surprise for me, I had no idea that'd be a location, I'm excited to explore somewhere new. Will I be able to come back here?

I just got
shipwrecked!
pleasant surprise for me, I had no idea that'd be a location, I'm excited to explore somewhere new. Will I be able to come back here?

first playthrough?...how are you finding the game- slow?...that's what is keeping me from starting this as I hear it's really slow (I hear it picks up around the end of Chapter 3) but even than it's not fast paced action...nothing wrong with story driven gameplay and I hear the game has best in class production values but for such a long game I need to be in the right mood to play

If you jam down the main story line they game is pretty quick paced. I think it's clocked at a 40-50 hour game. For me I was constantly side tracked look at things, chasing down other side quests, riding around to various parts of the map to see them, etc.

Though that first 45 minutes of the game was suuuuuuuper slow. After that it picked up.

first playthrough?...how are you finding the game- slow?...that's what is keeping me from starting this as I hear it's really slow (I hear it picks up around the end of Chapter 3) but even than it's not fast paced action...nothing wrong with story driven gameplay and I hear the game has best in class production values but for such a long game I need to be in the right mood to play
I went in blind, I just recently finally played part 1, so I got this one. There's just so much to do that I'm taking it slow on purpose. With these games I like to knock out side missions before the main missions, but if I was just doing the main missions I woulda been done already.

Tl;dr
The world is so well put together that I keep getting distracted.

I went in blind, I just recently finally played part 1, so I got this one. There's just so much to do that I'm taking it slow on purpose. With these games I like to knock out side missions before the main missions, but if I was just doing the main missions I woulda been done already.

I'm the same way...I like to see everything a game has to offer, so I never just do the main missions...I explore everything which is why I know I'll be spending 150+ hours in RDR2

The world is just outstanding and if you don't ignore it, it's a looooong fuckin game. There's just sooo much to see and get lost in.

It took me about 100~ to clear the main story, mostly soaking it in and dicking around at my own pace. I definitely missed a lot of side shit, and I know some of my friends saw a bunch of shit I never did.

Which is crazy given that I felt like I did a ton of exploring.

I loved shoveling snake oil and cocaine gum into my bearded maw and lamping every motherfucker that stepped to me in a 20 on 1 melee in the streets of be Saint Dennis.

I met a strange man called margaret, they have a circus and now their animals have escaped and john has to find them.
This one tells him that the lion is actually a dog and in the end the dog is actually a fucking real lion... and as a reward you get a big green jewel, I don't know how much it's worth yet

And I also finally ran into that couple from the pig farm, an incest couple...

and as a reward you get a big green jewel, I don't know how much it's worth yet
For the love, DO NOT SELL IT or that animal's skinned parts. There's a feller out by Emerald Farm's barn that may have a crafting option for it that is infinitely more better than just selling it willy nilly.

And I also finally ran into that couple from the pig farm, an incest couple...
Yeah that couple. Crazy when I rolled up on them, but got the high spidey tingly vibes so I just took out my rifle and started a'blasting while at the dinner table.

For the love, DO NOT SELL IT. There's a feller out by Emerald Farm's barn that may have a crafting option for it that is infinitely more better than just selling it willy nilly.
its fake and only good to sell for $50
"“The Emerald was about as real as the zebra and worth a whole lot less. Seems Miss Margaret made idiots out of all of us! What did I expect – a man who dealt in fake tigers gave out real gems?”" Arthur's journal
https://primewikis.com/guides/rdr2-emerald/

ps: i think its waaaaay past time to worry about spoilers on this game...

I always felt like the game started extremely slow but picked up a lot of steam once you visit Valentine and (especially) the bayou areas. The first 6-7 missions actually made me bail on the game more than once. They pretty boring and they keep rapid-fire introducing gameplay mechanics that you'll forget about by the time you actually need them again. RDR2 has probably the best game world ever, but it's needlessly complicated and tedious at time.

Sold for 50, otherwise I'm selling everything, including the statues I got, mostly almost everything...
I don't know why I can't run into KKK, I tried everything, at night but nothing, they don't appear at all...😥

Sold for 50, otherwise I'm selling everything, including the statues I got, mostly almost everything...
I don't know why I can't run into KKK, I tried everything, at night but nothing, they don't appear at all...😥

I've ran into them twice, on accident, you're not missing much aside from some humorous deaths.

I've ran into them twice, on accident, you're not missing much aside from some humorous deaths.
Yes, it's funny to me what their leader says... I don't know why they don't show up, as far as I know I've never come across them.
By the way, I solved the elemental trail treasure map, among other things, you get a gold bar of 500 dollars.

I set a marker for the grave of Hosea and another one and on the way I meet a stranger who invites me, I enter and then I get a knock on the head, and finally I wake up exactly where I put the marker, i.e. where the graves are.
I think he took advantage of me sexually because he's probably gay, otherwise he only took 1 dollar from me and I don't think anything else...Do you know what this is about?

.Do you know what this is about?
The markers are for an achievement and I think percentage for completing the game if you are chasing either.

If it's the shack out in the swamp - yeah, it's just that. No deeper story or side quest. You just happened to interact with the wrong person.

I looked on YouTube for the locations of the graves, so I searched...
Yes,that it is astrange man from the swamp, near Saint Denis.It was similar when I drank from that witch's cauldron.
I ran into a robot in the mountains, I took screenshots, but now they're all black:confused:, so I can't show them

I riddled it with bullets from a micah bell gun, otherwise I've already collected hundreds of fucking pictures from cigarettes and the like and I'm still not even close to a single full collection:mad:

I looked on YouTube for the locations of the graves, so I searched...
Yes,that it is astrange man from the swamp, near Saint Denis.It was similar when I drank from that witch's cauldron.
I ran into a robot in the mountains, I took screenshots, but now they're all black:confused:, so I can't show them
its ok, we can see him via google, hes like the tin man.

its ok, we can see him via google, hes like the tin man.
And the sound of papa comes out,I'm just looking, apparently the robot has something to do with the guy who made the ships by remote control.
Tickets solved, I stupidly spent a lot more in the valentine store than I should have, I didn't figure it out, it didn't appear anywhere that I had them all, so I spent over 2000 dollars on premium cigaretes to get all those pictures

I riddled it with bullets from a micah bell gun, otherwise I've already collected hundreds of fucking pictures from cigarettes and the like and I'm still not even close to a single full collection:mad:
Yeah I ended up going to the store in saint denis or rhodes where I could just burning cash buying packs, then discard them, and repeat. I think there was a store near a train track or something that would buy them back, but what ever. I was pretty well rich as all get out by towards the end so it wasn't a big deal just a time waster.

Is there a store that buys (premium) cigarettes? I haven't come across it yet, there are a lot of these stupid things that I don't need at all and I can't sell them anywhere, such as cocaine gum, assorted biscuits and the like...

By the way, I ran into Pearson, now he works as a salesman in a store
Otherwise, another funny scene, I annoy a character and now he wants to shoot me and beat me up, I run to the store but they won't let me buy because he is looking for me, and now I walk towards the train(and that character)and that character who wants to shoot me is suddenly now on the train like a guard with a rifle... and as the train was on an elevated platform, the fool fell off the train onto a rock and killed himself...I'm watching it all and I can't believe it :D
It also became fun for me to follow people, then tie them up and kidnap them...:D

Is there a store that buys (premium) cigarettes? I haven't come across it yet, there are a lot of these stupid things that I don't need at all and I can't sell them anywhere, such as cocaine gum, assorted biscuits and the like...
This becomes less of an issue if you get the Legend of the East Satchel. Though the regular packs I just discarded. Kept the premium to kick up a meter in a pinch.

It also became fun for me to follow people, then tie them up and kidnap them...:D
Have you followed the vampire?

This becomes less of an issue if you get the Legend of the East Satchel. Though the regular packs I just discarded. Kept the premium to kick up a meter in a pinch.

Have you followed the vampire?
I don't have a legend satchel, I haven't followed vampires yet, I guess I will too

I was killed by a vampire, a little later I was robbed and then I tried to kidnap a character, so the police killed me, I hate that saint denis:mad:
I still shot the vampire, it can be repeated, it spawned again.

Last edited:
I seem to have run into the guy who raped me. And now he says:you again and starts running away. I tie him up and take him to his house and loot him there. And now I go out of the house to search and go to untie him when suddenly I can't go into the house anymore, he's screaming inside.And now it will be interesting to see what will happen to the rapist later. Who will save him or not, and I obviously can't go into the house anymore.
I solve those orchids and now I come to a character without a hat. The character is holding nothing in his hands and talking about something (bug). In the cut scenes, I take off the non-existent hat and put his hat on. Same bug. These are things that have not been fixed yet in the game that I noticed. And in the swamp there was a bug with a boar stuck in the mud.

Back