Red BFG.

It should not be a big deal for BFG to do this as they only are a supplier. They just purchase reference or slightly custom products and sell them.

I'm sure it was a lot more work for XFX to go ATi as their parent company PINE actually makes cards. Probably explains their cards PCB is black, rather then Canada born ATi red.

From what I've heard about BFG support, this is probably as good (if not better) than having a "Built-by-ATI" brand again, if true.

As others have stated, this will be great for consumers due to competition.

When I ran ATi, I used only "Built-by-ATi" for the better warranty.

Oh man, this is great news if it becomes true. Now we have a excellent option on ATI. XFX and Sapphire must be having a heart attack. :D

Where or whom did you "hear" this rumor from Kyle?

Evga would be great as well. My last couple of cards were Evga. 7800GT, 7900GT, GTX 260.

I'd bet someone employed ATM. If he gave the source, that would change to "looking for work". :D

Sapphire has the best rma rate in europe... meaning they have the lowest.

They are also the cheapest, they dont have a special rma feature for you guys. i got 3 years anyways.

If this turns out to be true,and Nvidia's new cards don't live up to the hype in price and performance,my next card could well be an ATI. The choice of ATI vendors up to now hasn't impressed me,but BFG has,been buying their cards for years.

Sounds exciting! I would definitely give a BFG ATI card a shot.

more life time warrenty companies the better is all i have to say.. nice to see some more top tier companies on both sides.. makes better competition in the long run..

If it's true, then it's one of best news. We need more quality companies producing ATI stuff, now "if we only get old eVGA over here" :D some factory OCed card with long warranty would me much welcomed in the red team.

Now... where's official confirmation, and when we see the cards :)

The only nVidia cards that I've owned were from BFG. Would be awesome to see them sell ATI cards as well.

Hot damn!! I was about to get a 4850 to replace my 9600 GSO (old version) but now I'll wait and get a BFG 5770 or better!! :D

Thank god too! I've always loved BFG's cards back in the day!!

Great news, I hope it's true, and I hope it happens quickly.

Wow, if true, then BFG sees the writing on the wall with respect to the next gen of Nvidia cards (in terms of availability/viability of selling, at least)

XFX jumped after RV770... if BFG sees GF100 struggling for the next year, they might have no choice but to jump ship as well

EVGA originally wanted to sell the ATI 4 series, but instead ATI let XFX come in and gave a few of their AIB partners some bonuses for sticking with them through the 2 and 3 series.

BFG had wanted to sell ATI cards in the past, but when they were interested there was either no room for them in the market or no other better explanation/exuse given as to why that deal fell through, hopefully this doesn't happen again :D.

Wow! Talk about late to the party! I remember when VisionTek went from the green to the red team way back in the Radeon X800 days, like nearly 6 years ago already.

This was brought up during the latest PC Perspective podcast that came out yesterday. I deleted it so will have to go by memory but, I believe, somewhere after the halfway point in the show, Ryan mentioned that nVidia was looking into shrinking the number of partners it deals with, to only include partners that actually could MANUFACTURE the cards, not just rebrand them. This was suppose to relieve nVidia of some of the cost of manufacturing as well as the warranty work done on the cards. Ryan thought nVidia would go with 5 companies, such as Gigabyte and Palit.. companies that could make it's own PCB, while others such as EVGA, XFX and BFG, who don't manufacture cards, would be let go. This was also being done to give those companies left standing with nVidia a bigger slice of the marketing pie. Again, go to the PC Perspective podcast for the actual tale but hopefully my half forgotten memory of what was said is fairly accurate.

Reminds me of what 3dfx did when it bought STB and stopped supplying OEM boards to a host of rebranding partners.. and now you know the rest of the story!

voodoo5_6000.JPG

BFG is my second favorite vendor only bested by EVGA. This is great news if it turns out to be true.

more life time warrenty companies the better

True dat.

With graphics cards being their primary business and NVIDIA offering nothing but low end cards lately, the move definitely makes sense. Let's just hope they go the XFX route and offer cards from both sides. Competition good!

I have to say if this ends up eing true they would be my first choice, even over XFX..

I don't understand why most of the vendors don't do this.. XFX sells for both parties..

Where or whom did you "hear" this rumor from Kyle?

Evga would be great as well. My last couple of cards were Evga. 7800GT, 7900GT, GTX 260.

Heard it from a homeless guy in Santa Clara.

EVGA will NOT be going Red..at least not for a LONG time.

I don't understand why most of the vendors don't do this.. XFX sells for both parties..

That also got Nvidia pissed off and they took some action against XFX and cut them off in Europe or something IIRC.

Nvidia takes their core AIB names seriously because they want their customers to associate BFG, EVGA (and once upon a time XFX) as being synonymous with Nvidia.

I wonder if EVGA is hurting at all because of Nvidia's delays not only slowing down GPU sales but motherboard sales of their SLI solutions and other Nvidia support platforms.

I'd love to see this as I'm not impressed by many of the companies selling ATI cards at this point, at least compared to companies like EVGA and BFG. It would be nice to see EVGA as well as BFG, I'll definitely settle for BFG.

My only hope is that BFG will be making cards for both. If I ever get enough money saved up for a new card I would like to go ATI again. Even then, I would prefer if BFG still sells nVidia cards since I like as much competition on both sides as possible and might go nVidia again.

I usually go with whichever side has the best price/performance for the budget I'm working under and I want good companies on both sides offering cards.

RED is in BFG's future, either they're selling it or they're drowning in it.

Selling Nvidia graphics cards IS BFG's business. No Nvidia board partner is more solely dependent on graphics cards than BFG. No cards to sell = out of business.

It's either ATIway or the highway.

can't they sell cardboard mock ups to fan boys?
How about selling them vouchers for future products?
or links to exciting NEW post about what could be.

Can BFG go both ways? :)

bfg will be the first gpu vendor with a step-up program to go ati if the rumor holds true. maybe they go ati and drop the step-up program. if they keep it, evga might go ati, too.

I think it makes a lot of sense for BFG to do this with all of the steam the 5xxx series has generated for ATi, with eyefinity and all and just being a pretty damn nice line of gpus in general.. the 5970 has been out for how long now (?) and no one can keep them in stock for more than a few minutes at a time it seems.. makes sense that another big mfg would be considering backing ATi...

edit: lol @ homeless guy in santa clara comment.. that guy eddie? who lives behind fry's dumpster near the amd campus? ;)

can't they sell cardboard mock ups to fan boys?
How about selling them vouchers for future products?
or links to exciting NEW post about what could be.

Can BFG go both ways? :)

Probably not. The time is over-ripe for Nvidia to slash their partners what with a temporary trickle of new product in the pipeline for the end of the month followed by NO new product for long months to follow.

BFG is all I know as far as nvidia products.

I hope they come on board with ATI...........their service is superb and their products have never failed, I still have a 6800GT running as well as the day I bought it.

Go,Go, BFG..........stepup, lifetime warranty,great support, JeffK in the forums.......sign me up.:D

Real bad idea for nvidia to alienate their best partners.

BFG = BigFuckin'Gun!!

of course they are going red they should've than this a long time... but who knows who else might follow suit!!!

BFG = BigFuckin'Gun!!

of course they are going red they should've than this a long time... but who knows who else might follow suit!!!

Damn few.

It's totally AMD's call, and while AMD is in a position to skim the cream of Nvidia~exclusive board partners, too many AIB cooks will ruin the GPU market broth.

Back