RE 5 ps3 vs 360

I discovered the wonderful loot-filled level 3-1 last night. CD1977 even asked me if I was farming it, although I just now made it that far. Since you get a rocket launcher on that level, I'm you can pretty much just go through the whole level running like hell and then rocket the two guys with clubs at the end. I must've had 12 grand after completing that level.
I'm definitely going to have to re-play that one to juice up Sheva's guns. Right now I just maxed her capacity for the sake of inventory management, but her shots are pretty weak. It doesn't help with her always wanting to use the ultra-weak, ammo hungry MP5 all of the time, too.

Don't remember where it is that I found all my Magnum ammo...at one point I had around 100 rounds, I'm down a good bit now (need 'em for Veteran). I'm loaded up on SMG and pistol ammo now though.

Fully upgraded the Hydra last night, not as powerful as the M3 but it's alot of fun, nothing says "die scum" like a triple barrel shotgun ^^

If you command (360: Hold B and press up or down) her to attack she'll switch from the pistol to whatever weapon she has and start unloading on people. When she's in cover mode she'll hang back and just use the pistol.

Another note on the AI: When in "Attack" mode the AI partner will also run around smashing barrels and collecting items for you. They'll only miss "hidden" items, like the jewels stuck in poles and hidden inside animal skulls. This is handy when cleaning out 3-1 for items, since you can have Sheva collecting items along with you, allowing you to complete farming runs quicker.

I discovered the wonderful loot-filled level 3-1 last night. CD1977 even asked me if I was farming it, although I just now made it that far. Since you get a rocket launcher on that level, I'm you can pretty much just go through the whole level running like hell and then rocket the two guys with clubs at the end. I must've had 12 grand after completing that level.
I'm definitely going to have to re-play that one to juice up Sheva's guns. Right now I just maxed her capacity for the sake of inventory management, but her shots are pretty weak. It doesn't help with her always wanting to use the ultra-weak, ammo hungry MP5 all of the time, too.

Yeah Domingo make that your farm level and you don't even have to fight anyone...

Here's a quick map of the lake

@3____________@4

@___@2______@

________@1
@

_______Start@

Go to the @1 hut first, dont forget to jump in the water were the fish hang to grab the bug next to the latter. Go to @2 shipwrecked boat, then @3 then @4. But on 4 take everything but don't let Sheva jump up in the second hut cuz it will activate the Majini. After you get the last item on hut 4, quit, save, reload, sell, and load the level up again.

You'll get around $20,000. a trip but sell the RPG every time and after you visit those 4 spot's you should have 4 bugs, 3 treasures, 4-5 eggs, rpg, and jewels to sale. And empty your inventory before you load so you can get alot of extra ammo. Because you want need it because you'll never have to fight anyone.

Na man it's easy, do it once and you'll have it memorized and it takes like 5 minutes to hit all 4 spots.

Egg shit takes way to long, With this 5 times you'll have $100,000. and you'll spend like 25 minutes doing it.

Got a question, I have the Magnum maxed out but I don't have an option to buy unlimited ammo for it on the upgrade screen. Do I have to beat the game first for the option to be available?

If so how does it work? I just finished 5-2 last night.

3-1 farming can get you 18k per run and take you about 10min each run

or if you know where treasures are at the beginning of 4-1 you can get 8k a run in about 2min

SPOILER
if you have unlimited ammo enabled magnum or equally powerful weapon
5-2 can get you 12.5k per run in under 2min by farming lickers for hearts

One thing I never expected to see was farming in a Resident Evil game.

if you are patient enogh
you can run whole 4-1 in about 12~15min and get 38k minimum + get points

Got a question, I have the Magnum maxed out but I don't have an option to buy unlimited ammo for it on the upgrade screen. Do I have to beat the game first for the option to be available?

If so how does it work? I just finished 5-2 last night.

I don't know if you have to beat the game or not, but the unlimited ammo option isn't in the game. When you are at the main menu go to Play and then there's an option that's like "buy extras" or something like that. It's where you buy figurines and extra costumes. Unlimited gun ammo is at the bottom, but as you said you might have to beat the game first. I can't remember.

I don't know if you have to beat the game or not, but the unlimited ammo option isn't in the game. When you are at the main menu go to Play and then there's an option that's like "buy extras" or something like that. It's where you buy figurines and extra costumes. Unlimited gun ammo is at the bottom, but as you said you might have to beat the game first. I can't remember.

that is correct

How do you earn the point's to buy the extra stuff?

1. beating chapters
If you obtain S rank you get 1000/1500/2000 or 2500 depending on difficulty of game.
2. do mercenaries
Its possible to get 5000 points per run if you obtain SS rank
for solo 40k+ is A, 60k + is S, and 100k+ is SS
for duo 80k / 120k then 150k.

Mercenaries is tough...on duo we ended up with 119.8K once, so close to an S!

that is correct
I saw the unlimited ammo thing for sell in there and I'm pretty sure I tried to buy it but it told me that I needed all chapters unlocked to purchase. I'm pretty sure that info is also on Gamefaqs.

Not really, I wanna say it does like 650 damage or something like that. Works well for weaker guys, but later on it's a bit underwhelming.

I bought the stun rod early on and tried it once and didn't like it, I guess I might try it again later but I was expecting it to stun the enemy allowing me to use a physical attack on them after but they would just fall to the ground. :(

Man...I won the game this weekend and I've got to say I was pretty disappointed. It's literally only about 1/2 as long as RE4, and the way they stagger the weapons, it's really pretty lousy trying to upgrade anything. Once you win the game you get unlimited ammo (so some weapons get better) but by that point I've kinda lost interest.
I won RE4 at least 4-5 times, but I'm not sure I'll win this one more than twice.
Other than the graphics (and option to aim with the right stick), RE4 is better in every way.

I'm currently on my 5th playthrough...on professional difficulty, it's TOUGH! Pretty much 1 hit and you're dead, especially with an AI teammate, on pro he seems even more inept. And you MUST use unlimited ammo with powerful gun, enemies don't drop ammo, 90% of the ammo that's normally lying around is gone, etc. I wanna say in chapter 1 I picked up pistol ammo 4 times total, no other ammo at all. It just doesn't exist!

I think Pro difficulty is gonna be more task than fun, dunno if I'll beat it. I've got every other achievement though. I was having trouble finding the cash to upgrade my last weapons until I realized I had ~130 hand grenades and incendiary grenades, sold off most of both (I never use them) and it netted me like $55K.

There are a few weapons in the mercenaries that are not in the main game, two pistols actually. The Px4 (which is a Beretta Px4 Storm) and the Samurai Edge (which is the special gun from the original RE that you get for beating the game in under 5 hours). I think the two versions of Wesker have them, not positive though...

I beat it Thursday night and I felt similiar to Domingo, I was like wtf it's over. You more or less have to do repeat play throughs to enjoy the fun unlimited ammo and I don't think I'm gonna do it.

There are a few weapons in the mercenaries that are not in the main game, two pistols actually. The Px4 (which is a Beretta Px4 Storm) and the Samurai Edge (which is the special gun from the original RE that you get for beating the game in under 5 hours). I think the two versions of Wesker have them, not positive though...

Is Samurai Edge in the Resident Evil Rebirth too? And is that on any difficulty?

Yeah, that's an original RE weapon. I'm not sure what character has it (there are quite a few) but I think it's S.T.A.R.S. Wesker, who you unlock by beating the last level with an "A" or higher.

You didn't quite answer my question there. :p But I found out that in the Remake (Rebirth) you can get Samurai Edge by beating it "Once Again" on Normal- or Hard-difficulty.

I gave this game a "last hurrah" over the weekend. I completely upgraded about 75% of the weapons, got the chaingun/bow and arrow and went through the majority of chapters again. You'd think that with the cost of those special items they'd be better. A fully upgraded rifle with unlimited ammo or even a maxed out pistol trumps either of them. Don't waste your money.
Definitely a pretty huge letdown after RE4. The game's short, and after playing through and farming a few levels I really just have no motivation to play it again.
Co-op really isn't much fun either. It's better on higher difficulties, but it's one of those situations where it's not enough to really salvage the game as a whole.
With all of the talk of RE6 taking 4-5 more years, I'm wondering why this one took so long. It's only about 1/2 the size of RE4.

I bought the game with low expectations and in the end I was at least satisfied. I played through on normal difficulty and it wasn't frustrating at all, as in, there was no cheap BS involved. It wasn't scary like the past RE games but it wasn't repetitive and although it wasn't very long it sure didn't get boring.

I'm going to run back through it maybe a couple times just to play with the weapons and have fun killing people and maybe try to do some co-op.

I gave this game a "last hurrah" over the weekend. I completely upgraded about 75% of the weapons, got the chaingun/bow and arrow and went through the majority of chapters again. You'd think that with the cost of those special items they'd be better. A fully upgraded rifle with unlimited ammo or even a maxed out pistol trumps either of them. Don't waste your money.
Definitely a pretty huge letdown after RE4. The game's short, and after playing through and farming a few levels I really just have no motivation to play it again.
Co-op really isn't much fun either. It's better on higher difficulties, but it's one of those situations where it's not enough to really salvage the game as a whole.
With all of the talk of RE6 taking 4-5 more years, I'm wondering why this one took so long. It's only about 1/2 the size of RE4.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game much. I really enjoyed it quite a bit myself. It's about the same length as RE4 IMHO, although it's a tad bit easier overall. Might be a wee bit shorter but not by much.

I've enjoyed it as well, although it's not quite what I would consider a true RE game. I miss the zombies, hate the QTE and I miss the feel of the continuous game as opposed to having it broken up into chapters. Still it's fun, I like the weapons and I'll probably end up playing through it a few more times.

Game was waayy to short for my likes. Definitely found RE4 to be much more enjoyable.

Tad short but good game overall. I beat it with my friend the first time on Veteran which was a blast. We tried playing Professional difficulty but the game's a joke with fully upgraded weapons and unlimited ammo. The best way to play Professional difficulty is to sell off anything you've accumulated in the previous play-through and start fresh. Don't think there will be anything to make me play through this game a third time though.

farming runs are so lame, why not just upgrade a gun to infinite ammo and get it over with? There is no challenge left in the game that way.

I think most disagree with the co-op. If you are not cheating or using infinite ammo or farming co op is a blast on veteran. Me and my roomate are playing through right now and its a great time. One of the better co-op experiences out there I would say.

Back