Raja Koduri Leaving Intel

Chimpee

[H]ard|Gawd
Pat Gelsinger just tweeted Raja Koduri is leaving Intel to start a new software company. No words on who will replaces Raja yet.

1679421368617.png

Oh I didn't even think of the GPUs I posted it for the brief snippet/tea on Raja at the beginning :p

That's a shame if so. I have read that Alchemist is actually pretty good now overall with improved drivers and is a nice value at sub $250 for 1440p.

Problem is I'm pretty sure pretty good means.... then number of games you will have to mess with, and the number of games you simply won't get to work at anything more then 20 FPS (if they launch at all) is much higher then the number of same under Linux. I mean I am a Linux booster... just saying for "windows" Intel hardware to have more gaming issues then something like a AMD powered steam deck that isn't even running windows is really really bad for Intel.

Intel didn't do well enough, and ya Raj was problem #1. No doubt the next two chips in the pipe are no better. My money is on Intel walking away from GPUs... but maybe keep the unit around as a shell to push slightly improved bits into their integrated cpu stuff. I think the dream of Intel taking on Nvidia for real is dead. We agree its a shame. Would have been nice to have a robust GPU market again.

doubt it.. the architectures fine and likely had little to do with Raja.. the software side on the otherhand is a fk'ing disaster. but in the end they have a good base to start with and will only get better with time.. then again Intel's also the Google of hardware so who the hell knows.

He came in and probably found what was wrong with their initial designs but was too late to make changes, and he has given them a path for the next 2-3 generations of hardware so it's time to go.
It's sort of how he operates, he lays the groundwork and bails, he's one of those top-level engineers who does the big planning and then leaves the nitty gritty to the other people.

i haven't kept up, are the server compute intel gpus out? hows the performance on those?
From the reports, they are working better than expected in their desired roles, what those are though or what the bar was set at is unknown, but they do their jobs faster than what AMD or Nvidia were providing at the time.
They may or may not have a small nuclear reactor powering them at the DoE though, I mean if anybody has access to one of those it would be them.

He came in and probably found what was wrong with their initial designs but was too late to make changes, and he has given them a path for the next 2-3 generations of hardware so it's time to go.
It's sort of how he operates, he lays the groundwork and bails, he's one of those top-level engineers who does the big planning and then leaves the nitty gritty to the other people.

We're talking about Raja Koduri not Jim Keller 🙂

One big thing you are missing here is that Raja became responsible for AXG BU's P&L last year after his promotion. The only true income the BU had was paid from Intel Client BU to AXG if you dig into the quarterlies. The entire BU is under audit.

One big thing you are missing here is that Raja became responsible for AXG BU's P&L last year after his promotion. The only true income the BU had was paid from Intel Client BU to AXG if you dig into the quarterlies. The entire BU is under audit.
oh damned...

This guy has always rubbed me the wrong way all the way back to Polaris with AMD. He just oozes insincerity and I don't like it. Maybe I'm way off.

Sounds like a firing with a typical mass media truth telling

What mass media? The news comes straight from Intel. Pat is the CEO of Intel. It’s still possible that he was “asked” to step down, but you usually don’t get the head of a huge company publicly announced a departure on Twitter when there is animosity.

What mass media? The news comes straight from Intel. Pat is the CEO of Intel. It’s still possible that he was “asked” to step down, but you usually don’t get the head of a huge company publicly announced a departure on Twitter when there is animosity.

Eh, did you watch the start of the MLID video?

He got bylined in the internal announcement. (edit: not even bylined, way down in the 'used references' section lol)

Animosity, maybe not, heavy heaping of dismissiveness, apparently.

Then add in what Kyle said...

Raja + AI, lol, Skynet is comming... :eek:

We are all very safe if Raja is on that job.
If his special AI goes a little off.... we can just Captain Kirk it no doubt;
"Everything Raja tells you is a lie. Remember that. Everything Raja tells you is a lie."
WAIT... that might not work instead of Illogical Illogical and a melt down his AI might have just have enough processing power to agree, and continue misinterpreting some protect humans from themselves core code. "Raja is a lie Statement = true Goto 10 protect humanity from self"

So really nothing to worry about from AI coming up.
it's another Silicon Valley Startup

"He'd been thinking about AI for years, but Generative AI — the software that can produce human-like text and images — presented a new challenge and opportunity, he said. While out on medical leave following back surgery in December, he got a chance to test out the technology. He immediately grew excited about its potential.
"I believe that generative AI and some of its applications will likely be profound," he said."

"Maybe rather then retire, I do a software startup that focuses on leveraging AI for content creation — which is kind of my passion — and make connections to the film industry, media and entertainment."

it's another Silicon Valley Startup

"He'd been thinking about AI for years, but Generative AI — the software that can produce human-like text and images — presented a new challenge and opportunity, he said. While out on medical leave following back surgery in December, he got a chance to test out the technology. He immediately grew excited about its potential.
"I believe that generative AI and some of its applications will likely be profound," he said."

"Maybe rather then retire, I do a software startup that focuses on leveraging AI for content creation — which is kind of my passion — and make connections to the film industry, media and entertainment."
He wants his own reality show.

"Fake and Make with Raja"

Back