RAGE from Carmack...

Aren't id relevant from an engine design perspective? And even if they have lost some prominence for the UT3 engine, idtech 5 seems poised to potentially be very popular for licensing.

Also, isn't the whole COD series still running on the Q3A engine??

IIDtech 5 is not available to anyone outside of the parent company's collective of developers...

C'mon people, use common sense. Do you REALLY think they should make the 3rd best selling platform their first priority?
The PC version is still easily better than either console version.
There's nothing wrong with saying you didn't like the game, but the fact is - that's the game they clearly wanted to make and you just don't like it.
Their decision to focus on the platforms that will outsell the PC version is common sense.

wait what?

PC sales > console sales........Ati sold more 5xxx chips in 1 year than anyone sold consoles

At least according to NPD, which still does not account for digital sales, or even most sales from online vendors. At this point, I tend to doubt it when people say that. Mostly I assume a vendor is going for the consoles due to more control, or rather, ease of forced obsolescence, the consoles reportedly being easier to code for, supposedly reduced piracy levels, and the easier to please console crowd. PC gamers are harsh man.

Mostly I assume a vendor is going for the consoles due to more control, or rather, ease of forced obsolescence, the consoles reportedly being easier to code for, supposedly reduced piracy levels, and the easier to please console crowd. PC gamers are harsh man.
The reason publishers and developers target consoles is because of profit.

No. Console versions of games generally sell significantly more than PC versions.

no no no he said PC sales > Console sales games was not mentioned. PC sales are indeed far ahead.....now if he had said Console games sales > PC games sales.....he might have a point.

Next time might want to quite the ENTIRE thing that way you do not miss what was after that part......

no no no he said PC sales > Console sales games was not mentioned. PC sales are indeed far ahead.....now if he had said Console games sales > PC games sales.....he might have a point.

Next time might want to quite the ENTIRE thing that way you do not miss what was after that part......
I didn't miss anything. The person you quoted was talking about game sales. If you believed otherwise, you were mistaken.

The reason publishers and developers target consoles is because of profit.

Agreed, merely stating some of the reasons they believe the 360 is more profitable, as well as, that at least one of the tools they use to decided potential profit, (NPD numbers), is broken when it comes PC game sales numbers.

Back