Rage 2

This game looks so damn good seems like they tooks some pointers from Bulletstorm. I bet this game really takes off when it released in May. You just know Far Cry New Dawn crew seen this and said we have to do this!!!!

this looks like a fun game but one that you'll forget about once you finish it...

the more I see the more I like... of course it's a trailer so I don't expect the game to be like that, but even if half that attitude makes it through it'll be a nice improvement/evolution over rage 1

there must be a reason for all the pink, like there are plentiful mineral deposits found on the planet which they use for fuel/ammo and the added benefit is the added visibility of it's flame/smoke against the otherwise brown environment. also I remember in rage there were some tribes that used brighter colors to help distinguish themselves, so in this case they've tried to distinguish themselves more, just like we have throughout history as we've found more inks and color technology.

Maybe I didn’t watch it correctly, but there were plenty of non-pink explosions, splatters, etc.

because like all newbies you weren't wearing your pink-tinted goggles smh...

Graphically this is looking amazing. Hope it runs well. Doom and Wolfenstien ran superbly and this is using the same engine to hopefully that carries over. Weapons look pretty fun but typically these types of weapons tend to be impractical in actual gameplay but hopefully I am wrong. Not a huge fan of the sillier look but at least it isn't that over the top unlike Far Cry New Dawn. I actually thought Rage 1 was decent enough, but this does seem like a big step up. Hopefully it delivers.

no, it's Avalache studio's engine, so look at Just Cause 4 for clues on performance

no, it's Avalache studio's engine, so look at Just Cause 4 for clues on performance
Same engine, but Just Cause 4 was developed by a different studio. Rage 2 is being developed by the primary studio in Stockholm, while Just Cause 4 was developed by their satellite studio in New York. I would expect Rage 2 to look and run as well as Mad Max.

I don't know if it was there before, but I just noticed a Steam page for RAGE 2 now. I thought it was only going to be Bethesda Launcher. I'm happy now. Might even pre-order it in case of any last minute buying option shenanigans. Seems to happen a lot with games I want these days. Set for May 14th release.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I don't know if it was there before, but I just noticed a Steam page for RAGE 2 now. I thought it was only going to be Bethesda Launcher. I'm happy now. Might even pre-order it in case of any last minute buying option shenanigans. Seems to happen a lot with games I want these days. Set for May 14th release.

Bethesda apparently made an announcement today that RAGE 2, new Wolfenstein, new DOOM, and Fallout 76 will be coming to Steam. Guess they're not willing to take the risk of locking their games to their launcher.

like this
Bethesda apparently made an announcement today that RAGE 2, new Wolfenstein, new DOOM, and Fallout 76 will be coming to Steam. Guess they're not willing to take the risk of locking their games to their launcher.

Ah, didn't catch the announcement. Thanks! That's good news, because for the first time in id's history, I was considering either waiting, or possibly not getting their games. Of course, I probably would have caved for these particular games, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to. That was a smart move on their part.

Damn I pre-ordered too early I would love to have it on Steam instead.

Hell I might even pick up Fallout 76 now =)

Glad to see some sanity prevailing. I'd like to see this spread to the "Epic story only" mindset. ADD sales fronts, folks.

You know Deep Silver lost money just planting Metro on Exodus. Unless Epic gave them a million dollar signing bonus.

You know Deep Silver lost money just planting Metro on Exodus. Unless Epic gave them a million dollar signing bonus.

I'm pretty sure they made more money than they would have on Steam. It sold way more than the previous games, probably because of all the extra publicity they got from the controversy, and I wouldn't be surprised if Epic gave them more than a million for exclusivity.

Epic refused to put Fallout 76 on their store because of their "only good games" policy.

I'm pretty sure they made more money than they would have on Steam. It sold way more than the previous games, probably because of all the extra publicity they got from the controversy, and I wouldn't be surprised if Epic gave them more than a million for exclusivity.

Epic refused to put Fallout 76 on their store because of their "only good games" policy.

LOL srly?

Well, Bethesda earned a day one full price sale from me for this, and Doom Eternal. I'll buy the Wolfenstein game too, but I'll hold off until I see a few thoughts on it. I loved TNO and TOB, and I actually had a blast with TNC (despite it not being quite as good as TNO), so it's not like I won't buy it, but I just want to see if it's worth full price or not. I think The New Colossus was worth the $45 or so I paid (just due to timing).

Reinstalled Rage today and edited the cfg file to increase the textures. Even at 4K the engine is showing its age, but its still fun nonetheless, and thankfully no texture pop-ins either.

But, its funny how much I've gotten spoiled on newer games, as its not nearly as good as I remember it being!

Regardless, I can't wait for Rage 2 next month!

I’ve never played the first game but I didnwatxh some gameplay footage of rage 2 and I’m pumped. Looks like a super fun shooter.

I wish I bought this on Steam damn I could buy it twice but I would be a sucker to do that.

Looks like what BL3 should be. Overall I would have preferred if they stuck with the feel of the first game as this is more generic looking in terms of art style but the gameplay looks better.

Looks like what BL3 should be. Overall I would have preferred if they stuck with the feel of the first game as this is more generic looking in terms of art style but the gameplay looks better.

I LOVE the original's art style. It's 100% id Software. This one seems to have a bit of it. The weaponry, some of the machinery, etc. has a bit of the id flair to it, but overall, it does look a bit different.

The thing is, everyone and their dog complained to no end about the visuals of the original. That doesn't differentiate engine quirks from artistic style of course, but if I had to guess, they probably wanted this too look as different as possible while maintaining the basic post-apoc setting. Some of the mutant type creatures look pretty RAGE-1-ish though in some of the footage. The human characters do seem to be more Borderlands-ish though.

The original had a really good look though. Like most if not all id games.

I think I'll enjoy this one quite a lot, but it's not going to keep me from enjoying the original or any of the Borderlands games. :D I like them all.

I LOVE the original's art style. It's 100% id Software. This one seems to have a bit of it. The weaponry, some of the machinery, etc. has a bit of the id flair to it, but overall, it does look a bit different.

The thing is, everyone and their dog complained to no end about the visuals of the original. That doesn't differentiate engine quirks from artistic style of course, but if I had to guess, they probably wanted this too look as different as possible while maintaining the basic post-apoc setting. Some of the mutant type creatures look pretty RAGE-1-ish though in some of the footage. The human characters do seem to be more Borderlands-ish though.

The original had a really good look though. Like most if not all id games.

I think I'll enjoy this one quite a lot, but it's not going to keep me from enjoying the original or any of the Borderlands games. :D I like them all.

I'd agree with that. Rage had a interesting look to it. I liked the more serious tone it seemed to have. But we'll see how this one turns out.

Seeing how utterly shitty Just Cause 4 was does worry me a bit though as this is largely done by Avalanche Studios and apparently uses a version of that engine. I am hoping JC4 just got the shaft and was rushed out the door by a secondary team and Rage 2 ends up being great. Playing JC4 killed some of the hype for any Avalanche game for me, although I am still optimistic for this one. Hope they prove me wrong.

I'd agree with that. Rage had a interesting look to it. I liked the more serious tone it seemed to have. But we'll see how this one turns out.

Seeing how utterly shitty Just Cause 4 was does worry me a bit though as this is largely done by Avalanche Studios and apparently uses a version of that engine. I am hoping JC4 just got the shaft and was rushed out the door by a secondary team and Rage 2 ends up being great. Playing JC4 killed some of the hype for any Avalanche game for me, although I am still optimistic for this one. Hope they prove me wrong.

With previous games that id sourced to other studios, they always seemed to consult closely, and keep things id-ish. Hopefully that’s the case here. Even Fallout 4 benefitted from their consultation a bit. The Machine Games Wolfensteins, Quake IV, Doom 3 RoE, etc. all still maintain the id Feel.

Some people may or may not be into some of those, but I loved all of them. Maybe they aren’t quite id-proper, but they’re pretty damned close.

With any luck we’ll see id quality and style here. I mean it looks the part more or less. As long as it isn’t just broken, I can’t see it being too far off. Who knows, maybe Avalanche’s future projects could benefit from this project. If I had a game studio fortunate enough to work on an id property, I’d learn every last drop that I could from that.

JC4 has cooled my enthusiasm a little bit as well. I, too, am hoping for the best here. So far I like what I see in the videos but we all know how that can be. What's the total product going to be like? We'll find out soon enough.

I enjoyed Rage 1 but it got too powerful too fast for me. Do like 6-7 missions and your the Absolute Hero of the Wasteland already? I'm hoping this one will be longer and fleshed out more. will most likely wait for reviews to see if i want to get it. (Or possibly a demo?)

like this
I have a really nice GMG deal sitting here for this but I see it's for the Bethesda client version only. (The caveats notwithstanding including M76's point)

I know the game is on Steam. If I want to get it on Steam it looks like I would have to go direct and right now I see no deals whatsoever.

I am not a fan of the Bethesda client but it's a pretty nice savings. For those of you getting this how are you going about it?

Am I looking at a redundant situation where the Bethesda client is mandatory even if you buy it on Steam? (Like Uplay is for Ubisoft games)

Back