Quantum Break

It will run great.

Thanks, good to know. I swear I initially saw benches where it was floating around the mid 40s for frame rates, maybe I was confusing the minimums, but they just seemed lower than I'm typically comfortable with. Granted, researching it further hasn't been at the top of my priority list recently.:D

I never upscale. I think it's better to lower other settings first. I'll go back to upscaling when [H]ardocp starts testing video cards at 720p. :)

Upscale is the default to keep noobs from complaining that their new video card can't run the game.

Go for the lighting quality settings first. Things that make the scenes have a warm glow has to go first. ;)
Sorry but even with a gtx1080 at 1080p you can't just simply lower a couple of other settings and get 60 fps if you have upscaling off.

Glad that there is a Windows Store version with DX12 though; but what if I buy an Nvidia card next year? I'll become a mad gamer for buying the Windows Store version. :)

I'm glad that a DX12 version of the game exists as well but the problem with the MS Store is that they are trying to compete against Steam instead of trying to work alongside it

Sorry but even with a gtx1080 at 1080p you can't just simply lower a couple of other settings and get 60 fps if you have upscaling off.

Well this is a single player game with strategic gunplay. Nothing about this game screams "must have twitch reflexes". I'd rather have the upscaling off with my compromise being to lower the lighting effects. I enjoyed the game even if I wasn't pegging 60 fps 100% of the time.

Well this is a single player game with strategic gunplay. Nothing about this game screams "must have twitch reflexes". I'd rather have the upscaling off with my compromise being to lower the lighting effects. I enjoyed the game even if I wasn't pegging 60 fps 100% of the time.
I cant stand tearing and with vsync on dropping below 60 fps is not acceptable due to stutter.

I cant stand tearing and with vsync on dropping below 60 fps is not acceptable due to stutter.

The DX12 version did have some hitches if you had too many lighting effects on. It seemed to run very smooth if you turned a few down. I don't have access to the DX11 version.

Ieldra seemed to come up with a decent compromise for a system with a GTX 980ti. Try those settings and see if it suits you.

Quantum Break PC is better on DirectX 11

New Steam release gives Nvidia GPU owners a huge performance boost over the existing DX12 code...We can confirm visuals are identical at the top 'ultra' settings on either API, but it's Nvidia GPUs in particular that benefit from higher frame-rates on the Steam re-issue...

Quantum Break PC is better on DirectX 11

How does the mouse and keyboard feel on this? Proper or feels like shit?

^ thanks for the reply, I kinda had a feeling it would be bad for some reason. I think I'll wait until it's under $5 lol, if at all.

With Gears 4 coming so soon (fingers crossed it doesn't run like dogshit), I can wait for this to go on sale later this year.

I like this game and it reminds me of why I'm a fan of Remedy.

It's running fine for me with a 980Ti Dx 11 1920X1200. I maxed out everything.

I'm sure I'm not at full 60 fps at all times but I haven't even bothered to look because it's running well enough and smooth enough that I haven't cared. This isn't a fast paced twitch game. I haven't even seen anything yet that's made me feel the need to turn down any eye candy and I've been in a number of shootouts and other situations with the time abilities. The most I would do is turn down the volumetric lighting to high as others have mentioned.

The mouse issues are also overstated. You can adjust sensitivity in menus and DPI and get along just fine although it could stand some improvement and tweaking.

GMG had a nice discount on this and probably still does. Well worth it IMO.

I don't understand the direction Remedy took in rendering technology and artistic approach.
Their so called "temporal reconstruction" (aka, upscaling) seems another way of saying we failed in optimization hence base resolution is 1280x720.

I bought a Steam version (DX11) on the weekend, I knew the game was a mess. But I wanted to check it out.
No matter upscaling is ON or OFF, the visual fidelity is blurry. Upscaling OFF actually does provide a cleaner look. Not much difference, however. (Unless you take a screenshot and do a ON/OFF comparison).
Upscaling on = blurry
Upscaling off = less blurry.

Lighting does look very impressive sometimes. Especially in time-laps scene with realtime lighting looks amazing.
Another thing I noticed was that this game showed one of the highest CPU utilization (hovers around 25~35% with 6950X overclocked to 4.4GHz) I've seen in games. Those visual quantum effects with objects much hit hard on the CPU. (or is the game running in XBOX One emulation mode. :p)

Let me preface this with an in my opinion..

Upscaling is the default for people that can't figure out which lighting effect to turn down or refuse to run less than Ultra. If you are a seasoned gamer then you know what to do and which compromises to take.

The game is blurry to give you that TV Show look like NCIS or another crime drama. That's why I think they overemphasized the lighting and cheated on the texture quality. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone, but if you turn the lighting down to the minimums; the textures on the walls and stuff are terrible in some places. Don't do it as it is one of those things that you can't unsee. ;) With the lighting fully enabled, everything has this hue that looks great in setting the crime drama mood. You can't tell that the textures in spots are lower quality and it maintains the crime drama look.

In the Windows Store version, everything under DX12 for an AMD user was top notch. Not sure how the CPU usage was as I was too busy happily playing a very smooth running game. If I did check it, I don't remember. The only quirkiness I remember was when you loaded the end of level events that occur just before the next cut scene. I just learned to wait 5 seconds before traveling over the area that triggered the big shootout or whatever to let everything load fully. Then again my PC build is almost 6 years old. ;)

I can't wait for DX12 to become the emphasis for PC Gaming. It's been a really awesome experience for me so far. Maybe Vulkan will be an easier API for developers to implement? Doom seems to make it seem that way.

So I get stuck loading after the initial intro video. Nothing I do can seem to make it go past. It also seems to be hogging a lot of memory....anyone else having issues with it. It was on sale so I picked it up.

So I get stuck loading after the initial intro video. Nothing I do can seem to make it go past. It also seems to be hogging a lot of memory....anyone else having issues with it. It was on sale so I picked it up.

The game has some quirks and issues.

If you do a search for your problem you'll quickly hit links that have a list of the most common issues and yours sounds familiar to me.

I tried the posted ones already. Ugh may be first game I do a refund for.

I have been fortunate not to run into any problems so far. However, my only thought, which I a sure you have already tried, was too remove and reinstall. (Maybe try a different drive to install it too or update to the latest driver.) I have 2 x Sapphire Fury's although it only uses one of them with the latest AMD drivers, if that helps.

I did a delete and redownload over the holiday dinner. Will try it again. I already updated to the newest NC drivers. Win10 is updated fully.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Good game - enjoyed it seemed a bit short after it was over but I have to say I think it was a very novel game and totally worth playing.

This has gone on sale a couple times since it hit Steam. It was $20 last week but I didn't bite since my plate is full.
Did performance ever really see any major improvements or is it still a 30-40fps game?

40-50 range for me at 1440P 980Ti. Went with nvidia recommended settings except I turn shadows and a few things to medium.

40-50 range for me at 1440P 980Ti. Went with nvidia recommended settings except I turn shadows and a few things to medium.

Hmmm. that isn't that bad. I have no issue going with 1080p and I have a GTX1080. Shadows (and AA) are typically the first things I dial down, too. If I see it go on sale again I might go for it.

Nice looking game really hope they port all of the X-BOX exclusives to Steam and not just windows.
Rumor has it they are working on another game Quantum Break 2 which I'm not sure if it's the game Control or not.

20180816031519_1.jpg
20180816032514_1.jpg

You actually can look at that washed out garbage and call it "nice looking"? The graphics are laughable especially for how the game runs.

I thought this thread was about a new energy drink.

Back