Quake Champions Official Thread

TBH I expect this game to be on steam. I mean FO4 and Skyrim and Doom.....You would think Bethesda would keep going the steam route.

I mean this is closed beta? So who knows what the plans is, Might just need to use the bethesda launcher for the Console gamers?

The doom alpha was steam and I was surprised I had to use their launcher for this.

So far the crates are aesthetic which I'm fine with. I just can't figure out how to use the other champions. I'll select them but I always spawn as ranger.

I think you have to unlock them through loot boxes, that's how I got the Nyx Champion. I believe you can spend favor also (the green in game currency at the top right of your champion screen) but I haven't figured out how to spend that on champions or crates, don't know if its been implemented yet.

TBH I expect this game to be on steam. I mean FO4 and Skyrim and Doom.....You would think Bethesda would keep going the steam route.

I mean this is closed beta? So who knows what the plans is, Might just need to use the bethesda launcher for the Console gamers?

Open beta will probably be on Steam. Its this way right now because they want all the discussion for the game to be linked to your beta key for private access on Quakes website. They give you the link to the private forum area in your beta key email.

Render scale fixed my issue, was at 50%, put that right up to 150% and it looks... okay I guess.

Played 4 rounds tonight, I dont remember the last time I rage quit from a game. Movement, speed, level design (so far) and such feel great. Weapons, "skills" and balance are horribly broken. I'm getting killed with half armor stacked and full health in half a second to a second from the lightning gun, rail gun is inconsistent as hell, I hit a guy 3 times with it yet his spawn weapon took me out.

I'm far from great, but I'm usually in the top portion of my team somehow. Not sure if I'll pursue this one. Makes me want to play the browser quake or just reinstall Q3 more since those worked well overall.
As long as the loot doesnt give anyone an advantage I dont mind them.

These hero abilities though need to go. The acid one is ridiculous.

Never was a follower.. never truned crap off in q3 anyways.. everything max and always had enough power to pump out the super fast frame rate.. though i dont think i had guts on.

Really it better look good as i played it for years!

Also never used the female model like others as they thought it gsve them an advantage with a smaller target! Lol

Super fast frame rates with everything on max and smaller models == smaller hitboxes? We must have played completely different versions of Quake :)

No invite for me so far. I know a fe noobsters with invites but not a single hardcore player. Good job Bethesda

I'm enjoying it but I probably won't get bite on paying for the game in any way. I like the format but I'd prefer it on a large map w/ 16v16 TDM. The various player abilities seem better suited to that or CTF even. (Visor = Scout, Nyx = Spy, Galena = Medic, etc etc).

The doom alpha was steam and I was surprised I had to use their launcher for this.

So far the crates are aesthetic which I'm fine with. I just can't figure out how to use the other champions. I'll select them but I always spawn as ranger.
You have to unlock champions via the store. You gain credits by playing more matches. I'm sure when release day comes they'll have a store where you can purchase credits with real $$$. I'm fine with that, so long as you can still get the same stuff through earned credits too and it's not a case of pay-to-win.

You have to unlock champions via the store. You gain credits by playing more matches. I'm sure when release day comes they'll have a store where you can purchase credits with real $$$. I'm fine with that, so long as you can still get the same stuff through earned credits too and it's not a case of pay-to-win.

I figured it out right before the beta ended lol.
Had a blast aside from everyone killing me with the lightning gun.

Played 4 rounds tonight, I dont remember the last time I rage quit from a game. Movement, speed, level design (so far) and such feel great. Weapons, "skills" and balance are horribly broken. I'm getting killed with half armor stacked and full health in half a second to a second from the lightning gun, rail gun is inconsistent as hell, I hit a guy 3 times with it yet his spawn weapon took me out.

Same feelings here. Need offline mode with bots. That's all I'm good for with the limited time I have to play after getting married.

Closed Beta Codes
BXB3-M76N-X9KE-6D2G-M79R

PQE2-C49B-E7EC-9F2F-H86U

YDC8-B68E-B4DU-9M9R-G99N

Here are some closed beta codes that I got:

DEC4-Y74H-Y2RU-2N4N-U77U

HYM2-G89N-G7MB-9B2H-E24R

MHE3-M46U-B9MM-2X2R-N38Q

^ I'm pretty sure that breaks the NDA.

What I read last night is that it will be F2P where you can rent champions for a limited time using the credits you earn in-game. The other option is to pay a one time price (equivalent to buying a new game), and you get all of the champions unlocked permanently. All of the skins and customizations are unlocked with the backpacks and crates via game credits.

A few more to share if anyone wants them:

Closed Beta Codes
XDR4-N67U-C4DC-9E4H-H46A

AMK7-E69H-C8UP-4Y2B-G79H

FMG6-D27F-C4XQ-8B8M-Y78P

Hell, I stand corrected. I hadn't checked my email yet, so I didn't see the message giving out codes. If anyone wants one that hasn't been taken yet, let me know.

NBQ9-K68P-B8KE-7U4E-P66Y

HYN7-C77R-N4HP-2Q7R-D36R

please be kind and post if you use one.

Here are some more beta codes.....

GRD6-H76U-G7YA-7M7F-H88Q

RKX8-H69C-F7RH-4D4R-Y79U

FCC7-M44Y-K7QN-9C9K-Q47P

Here are three that arrived for me. Have fun!

PKR4-Y49G-H3CC-6A3U-D79Y

FYH7-X87G-F6GQ-2H9B-F87R

MQG7-M33G-H4UX-7N2D-M79H

Closed Beta Codes
UFY4-K69D-C9MN-4N4M-B82F

QXD8-M42C-C2MG-6D2A-D79B

RCD8-Q38F-A9FK-4Q7K-G78A

So It looks like all the champions are perma unlocked for me now. I find I'm not dying to the lightning gun often anymore, but feeling like spawns need to be in places at least a few seconds away from people. Railgun lacks something. In q3 I will gladly use a railgun, here I try to use it and find maybe the delay or lack of punch, maybe extra lag, the wildly smaller/variable hitboxes or something. I fired up q3 again to test the feel and found I can effectively shoot it under pressure there.

So It looks like all the champions are perma unlocked for me now. I find I'm not dying to the lightning gun often anymore, but feeling like spawns need to be in places at least a few seconds away from people. Railgun lacks something. In q3 I will gladly use a railgun, here I try to use it and find maybe the delay or lack of punch, maybe extra lag, the wildly smaller/variable hitboxes or something. I fired up q3 again to test the feel and found I can effectively shoot it under pressure there.

Interesting. I absolutely love the rail in Q3A. I'd use it like a glorified shotgun. Run right up and headshot at point blank. However, they scaled it back in Q4 to the point where I no longer really enjoyed it as much. Sounds like they've stayed on that path for this. (haven't tried QC yet...) I would love to see the full glory of the rail gun return. It takes skill to wield it well, so that should be rewarded with high damage. If they MUST play with it for balance, than put that into the reload time or something, not the damage per shot.

Yeah, the damage per shot is can be pretty disappointing. Some characters seem to be able to take 3-5 rails!

When we talk about quake we don't mention quake 4. It was not made by id and should be considered not an actual quake game.

Last edited:
When we talk about quake we don't mention quake 4. It was not mad by iD and should be considered not an actual quake game.

Utter bullshit. (sorry, just completely disagree with you) I know there are more people that would agree with you than me, but I still think you're incorrect.

It was made by Raven with id consulting. (I like Raven.) It was also a lot of fun. I had a blast playing it. Also, the multiplayer was basically an upgraded Q3A. It was great on a LAN. It just wasn't too great online because there wasn't a huge player base. However, since I don't play online anyway, that never bothered me. I still play Q4 every so often.

I too enjoyed Q4, mainly for the singleplayer aspect.

The multiplayer as J3RK said, was Q3A but improved graphics.

It reminds me of Quake 4. I hope they come out with freezetag. The weapons don't seem balanced yet. I know the finished product will be awesome thiug

Utter bullshit. (sorry, just completely disagree with you) I know there are more people that would agree with you than me, but I still think you're incorrect.

It was made by Raven with id consulting. (I like Raven.) It was also a lot of fun. I had a blast playing it. Also, the multiplayer was basically an upgraded Q3A. It was great on a LAN. It just wasn't too great online because there wasn't a huge player base. However, since I don't play online anyway, that never bothered me. I still play Q4 every so often.
It musta have really faded quick because i meant to pick up the single player, saw my buddy playing it, and until recently never even knew there was a multiplayer, lol.

The game is good but getting in a match takes quite a while. They really need to work on that

I actually like the gameplay, though duel in its current form is ridiculous. 3 frags for a round? So, potentially a 30 second duel match. That's not right

If that get the match making fixed you could play a ton of duel back to back. I kind of like the fast past ending over sitting in the same game for hours some times.

Yeah, that's one reason I wish it had an option for dedicated servers instead of matchmaking. Sucks to spend 5 minutes to find a match, and some of the servers seem to lag really bad.

Not really sure I would play this once it goes live, its fun to tool around with but eh dunno, maybe more time it will grow on me.

Went up against some higher ranked (25, 30+) and was absolutely wrecked. They seemed to swap weapons + fire faster than I could (even using keybinds), not to mention the pro-level near-insta 180 turn rail guns. Whether actually that good or aimbots, when you go up against someone like that you have no chance, zero. They wipe out the whole team effortlessly, moreso than other shooters where you could possibly have a chance given mechanics. In this, you're fucked.

Had a couple even matches that were outstandingly fun though. Still probably won't buy/put money into the game.

Went up against some higher ranked (25, 30+) and was absolutely wrecked. They seemed to swap weapons + fire faster than I could (even using keybinds), not to mention the pro-level near-insta 180 turn rail guns. Whether actually that good or aimbots, when you go up against someone like that you have no chance, zero. They wipe out the whole team effortlessly, moreso than other shooters where you could possibly have a chance given mechanics. In this, you're fucked.

Had a couple even matches that were outstandingly fun though. Still probably won't buy/put money into the game.
this all sounds like good news! the higher the skill ceiling the more competition and fun!

I ran into weird issues with some of the servers in several matches, where I had low ping, but everyone was lagging, not just myself, but all the players. Not sure if its netcode related or if they were overloading the servers. Pretty fun otherwise.

I queued team deathmatch and waited about 4 minutes for my very first game and got put against a group of 4 that were all 25+ against 4 of us all under level 5 that had solo queued. My teammates were terrible but I held my own until the 4 were able to get grouped up and just deleted everyone they came across. I hope that first match was an anomaly due to the low player count because it would be a huge turn off to new players. I don't think my teammates had a single kill.

The next game I did free for all that had all low level people, I didn't try team deathmatch again.

WOW sorry to hear Quake was filled with Noobs back in the day I'm sure there alot of pros and clans out there like COD has.

Back