Quake Champions Official Thread

Really enjoying this, can't believe how much I missed this kind of fast paced shooter. Just nothing like running around fast as hell killing and trying not to get killed. Played for about an hour last night placed second a few times. Taking a little bit for my old ass to get use to moving this fast again lol. Already unlocked one new person. Going to work on the rest. And will be playing this after beta.

I got a code finally last weekend but didn't get a chance to play. I hope I can get in on the next one. When's the next beta?

Just give me quake 3 arena but with modern graphics etc and call it a day. That's quake. Quad damage and healing orbs and haste etc not class based nonsense

Just give me quake 3 arena but with modern graphics etc and call it a day. That's quake. Quad damage and healing orbs and haste etc not class based nonsense

Quake Live graphics still hold up pretty well but most if not all serious players turn all the pretty shit off anyway.

Quake Live graphics still hold up pretty well but most if not all serious players turn all the pretty shit off anyway.

Never was a follower.. never truned crap off in q3 anyways.. everything max and always had enough power to pump out the super fast frame rate.. though i dont think i had guts on.

Really it better look good as i played it for years!

Also never used the female model like others as they thought it gsve them an advantage with a smaller target! Lol

Reactions: Savoy
like this
Never was a follower.. never truned crap off in q3 anyways.. everything max and always had enough power to pump out the super fast frame rate.. though i dont think i had guts on.

Really it better look good as i played it for years!

Also never used the female model like others as they thought it gsve them an advantage with a smaller target! Lol

I always played maxed out but with enemy models bright green. I never used picmip0 and all that. I was very competitive Q3 but I could never stand looking at terrible graphics.

r_picmip 10 here or something ridiculous. I played competitively online so every edge was worthwhile.

Got mine laat night and upgraded my nvidia drivers so im all ready for today..

Opens today at 10am ive read.. now i just gota wait till later on tonight to download it. :/

Was thinking id be able to pre download it but nope.

I'm here to report if anyone's interested.

-It's fast, but not responsive if that makes any sense.
-Needs some polish
-Doesn't feel like quake 3 to me
-Level design is quite good from what i've seen

It's fast as shit, but I dunno, some movements feels numb. Rocket launcher needs some work i think.And fuck all this loot crate, class based shit.

got my key! Feels fucking amazing. Close to Quake World movement style and weapons are a bit of a mix. Shit's crisp as all hell, moves like butter, quicker than quick, good level design, runs like a dream.

So I got the beta email yesterday, and it said to refer to the invitation email, I never got the invitation email... Any idea on how to get my key then??

Finally got in and played one quick round. Need to rest my eyes, graphics were all messed up lol. The menu's and things were great defaulting to max everything but in game it was like 720p stretched to 5760 x 1200 and looked utterly horrid. Game settings said it was maxed out but oof. Still took second which is odd as I was much more of a UT99 player than Q3 but thoroughly enjoyed both.

I'm going to get my ass beat but man does this game feel good overall from just one match. Hopefully reloading will fix the resolution but wont know till tomorrow.

Downloading it now. Hopefully I'll get around to playing it over the weekend but I have a lot of stuff to do so it might have to wait regardless of how excited I am to give it a try.

I'm loving this so far. Runs flawlessly on my new 21:9 display and GTX1070.

Does anyone know if the beta keys are good for only this weekend, or if they'll work for future ones too?

I'm loving this so far. Runs flawlessly on my new 21:9 display and GTX1070.

Does anyone know if the beta keys are good for only this weekend, or if they'll work for future ones too?

The Beta key I received last week was good for this week also, I just had to download and install the new update. So, I guess, the original Beta key we get is good for all remaining Beta access.

The Beta key I received last week was good for this week also, I just had to download and install the new update. So, I guess, the original Beta key we get is good for all remaining Beta access.

This is true.

Man am I the only one with horrid resolution and graphics issues? Looks like 480p even when I disable surround and play on one 1980 x 1200 screen after reloading.
Played two rounds and it was completely different from yesterday which was annoying.

I dont mind getting slaughtered, but I cannot figure out how some of them were taking me out in 1.5 seconds with the lightning gun even after I picked up armor. No they did not have quad and it was not the rail gun.
Oh well. Graphics make my eyes bleed they are so horrible. Dont think I can play it again like this and will try again next time.

Man am I the only one with horrid resolution and graphics issues? Looks like 480p even when I disable surround and play on one 1980 x 1200 screen after reloading.
Played two rounds and it was completely different from yesterday which was annoying.

It defaulted ultra settings with 75% render scale for me, maybe it did that to you too? I set it to 100% right away and it looks fine.

I dont mind getting slaughtered, but I cannot figure out how some of them were taking me out in 1.5 seconds with the lightning gun even after I picked up armor. No they did not have quad and it was not the rail gun.
Oh well. Graphics make my eyes bleed they are so horrible. Dont think I can play it again like this and will try again next time.

Maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet, but I don't like the graphics for the weapon effects. The damage seem very unclean and almost random at times because you can't clearly see where things are hitting. It's hard to see where rockets are traveling and hitting and hard to see the spread on the machine gun type weapons and where they're actually hitting. It seems like they added the damage numbers to compensate for that but I would rather just have clear weapon effects.
In quake 3 every weapon effect is super clear. In champions it seems like they're prioritizing style over function. Maybe I just need to mess with the graphics settings though.

It defaulted ultra settings with 75% render scale for me, maybe it did that to you too? I set it to 100% right away and it looks fine..

Hmm, good suggestion. I'll check that out tomorrow and see if it helps. That would be ridiculous of a setting to enable by default O_O lol and missing only 25% seems too little. Right now my graphics are worse than Quake 1 when it was brand new by a fair amount.

It defaulted ultra settings with 75% render scale for me, maybe it did that to you too? I set it to 100% right away and it looks fine.
Mine defaulted to ultra as well, but I didn't see the render scale thing. I'll have to look for it when I load up again.

Finally got to try this out, couple pointers for those having issues.

1) I was never able to access the login or registration part of the website until I completely disabled my adblocker.
2) Game ran like absolute garbage at high and low settings until I installed Nvidias newest driver: 381.89

Loved old Quake and new DOOM, the Class system adds a small twist which is nice but seems functionally obscure to use unless you map it to a mouse button so you dont sacrifice right side movement to engage it, but then they turn this into your general gaming abomination with in-game currency to unlock crap... Something about unlocking basic customization makes my blood boil.. The announcer voice isnt right for this, but didnt find a way to shut him up. Hard to describe, but the game FEELS fast, until you get to hallway which suddenly feels like an eternity to walk down.

Might keep it on the list of things to play, but feels like they will migrate into Pay-2-Win which instantly sucks every ounce of Joy out of it..
Would have rather had a kick ass SP story.

Created a new account and downloading the game I'll try it for 5 minutes....

that is all the time I need.

Finally got to try this out, couple pointers for those having issues.

1) I was never able to access the login or registration part of the website until I completely disabled my adblocker.
2) Game ran like absolute garbage at high and low settings until I installed Nvidias newest driver: 381.89

Loved old Quake and new DOOM, the Class system adds a small twist which is nice but seems functionally obscure to use unless you map it to a mouse button so you dont sacrifice right side movement to engage it, but then they turn this into your general gaming abomination with in-game currency to unlock crap... Something about unlocking basic customization makes my blood boil.. The announcer voice isnt right for this, but didnt find a way to shut him up. Hard to describe, but the game FEELS fast, until you get to hallway which suddenly feels like an eternity to walk down.

Might keep it on the list of things to play, but feels like they will migrate into Pay-2-Win which instantly sucks every ounce of Joy out of it..
Would have rather had a kick ass SP story.

Yeah I had problems too with the site login

I'm split on this one, it feels like quake until you stalk someone down and fire the perfect rocket shot , only to have them pop a D.va style shield up and negate it. WTF is that shit? Thats not quake at all. Don't get me started on the loot crate bullshit.

Only thing I've seen so far from the crates is just customizations to the appearance of your champions, nothing that effects the gameplay. Is there something I'm missing?

NDA broken game is pretty decent didn't switch guns untill I figured it was a middle mouse button flick. Went 1-5 in TDM lol it doesn't feel like Doom MP at all which is good.

The game really needs to be on Steam though if it wants traffic not sure what route they will go....

The doom alpha was steam and I was surprised I had to use their launcher for this.

So far the crates are aesthetic which I'm fine with. I just can't figure out how to use the other champions. I'll select them but I always spawn as ranger.

Back