QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

The glass ruins the view and makes it look like the image he posted. Am I incorrect?

Yes

He is saying the lower priced glossy have glass over matte or glossy, this is what causes the blacks to look grayish.

Yes

And the higher priced glossy has no glass over the glossy screen?

Yes

Those who want overclock-able, TRUE glossy 1440p monitors will have to spend 600$+ on a Qnix/X-Star, Yamakasi 2B, find an Overlord Tempest X27OC or buy the 2B PCB from Overlord and put it in the Qnix QX2700, Motv M2700LED (same casing as the original Overlord, don't know if it is compatible with the 2B PCB but it should be) or original Yamakasi Q270.

Coating comparisons here. I used to own a Glossy Qnix.

Last edited:
I will go out on a limb and say those new ones with the AUO panel claiming to be glossy will most likely also have glass. The virtual 4k monitors, the price makes me think that way.

Like I said, my 2nd Matte Xstar looks more like the original glossy than Matte, but the X-Star's labeled glossy are probably more than likely Tempered.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Those who want overclock-able, TRUE glossy 1440p monitors will have to spend 600$+ on a Qnix/X-Star, Yamakasi 2B, find an Overlord Tempest X27OC or buy the 2B PCB from Overlord and put it in the Qnix QX2700, Motv M2700LED (same casing as the original Overlord, don't know if it is compatible with the 2B PCB but it should be) or original Yamakasi Q270.

Coating comparisons here. I used to own a Glossy Qnix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330932580721

Are you saying this one is Glass over Matte?
There is no mention of glass in the auction.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hence all the confusion over true glossy, as has been said numerous times, the true glossy are $600 to $700.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...sy&_nkw=qnix+qx2710+glossy&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Is the seller not capable of differentiating?? I mean it clearly says "GLossy" with no mention of tempererd glass. And he also lists "tempered glass" models.

I orderd one of them,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330932580721
out of excitement earlier today.

I just sent him a message to request cancel unless he is absolutely sure it's a true glossy with no glass.

Is the seller not capable of differentiating?? I mean it clearly says "GLossy" with no mention of tempererd glass. And he also lists "tempered glass" models.

I orderd one of them,

I just sent him a message to request cancel unless he is absolutely sure it's a true glossy with no glass.

I really do not know what the deal is. But on another forum its the same thing, is it really glossy, is it glass over matte etc.

Like I said, my 2nd Matte Xstar looks more like the original glossy than Matte, but the X-Star's labeled glossy are probably more than likely Tempered.

Thanks I'll just stick with what I ordered then. It really shouldn't be so confusing though lol.

Thanks I'll just stick with what I ordered then. It really shouldn't be so confusing though lol.

Good. The tldr version of all of this is buy matte unless you're willing to pay a huge amount for glossy, so you made the right decision. :)

I orderd one of them,

I really do not know what the deal is. But on another forum its the same thing, is it really glossy, is it glass over matte etc.

The sellers are well aware of what they have, they play stupid and pass off Tempered monitors in hopes you will just keep the damn thing. I could have kept my "Glossy" ahem "Tempered" monitor from Green-Sum with a partial refund, but I told him to pound sand and refund me.

As for why the panel I have is more akin to glossy, I have no idea, but I can clearly see it reflecting more imagery, and it is fluid, rather than crisp on the coating.

Can you clarify?
Trying to cancel my order for a "glossy."

Its smooth, the blacks aren't as black, and its more "fluid" feeling vs the crispness of the last Matte Xstar I had sent back.

Now that I think about it, the box wasn't taped the same either, so who knows.

Good. The tldr version of all of this is buy matte unless you're willing to pay a huge amount for glossy, so you made the right decision. :)

Actually I'm doubting this now.

First look here:
http://stores.ebay.com/Dream-Seller...7841015&_sid=1067141085&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

You can clearly see he has some monitors labeled glossy, matte, and tempered glass.

Here is dream-sellers response when I asked him about glossy vs glass.

Hi. Thank you for the message.
Glossy means just a glossy screen without a glass on it. If you are looking for screen has glass on, you can go for tempered glass model .

Hope this helps you.

Regards

So then, should I change my order to the Glossy no glass or stick with Matte? Is there some other reason not to get a glossy version?

edit:
N/M I found a review for the Matte finish so I will go with that anyways. But for those of you that must have no Matte , it looks like glossys are available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...re=iv&src_vid=0EMmNmvFcAA&v=0EMmNmvFcAA#t=29s

Last edited:
Well, just post here with what you end up ordering and what actually gets shipped to you and your impressions about the display, if you would be so kind. :)

Also received this reply from dream seller

Hello,

Thank you so much for your purchase :)
About the monitor you bought, it is a true glossy model.
We've got 3 different screen types of DP2710 monitor.
1.Matte
2.Tempered Glass
3.Glossy

2nd one is the one you're talking about. A glass over matte screen.

If there's any further questions, please feel free to ask us.

Thank you

Dear dream-seller,

Hello,

My research has uncovered that this model is not actually "glossy."
Rather a glass over matte model which I am not interested in.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040511851&postcount=4

Please cancel the order, unless you are absolutely certain this is a true glossy model with no glass. Thank you.

Ordered 2x Perfect Pixel] 27" Slim Qnix QX2710 Evolution II LED PLS from storewithstory. 10% ebay bucks yesterday and they just upped the price $10 today. Says matte look and up to 1 bad pixel. Not bad if this is anything resembling the Qnix I am currently using.

ok so now i need to cancel either the matte or the 'true glossy' im worried about getting a tempered glass glossy but i want a true glossy

ok so now i need to cancel either the matte or the 'true glossy' im worried about getting a tempered glass glossy but i want a true glossy

If your getting one from dream-seller I think you will be ok based on the information he has provided me. Although it seems most people really like the Matte finished used on this particular monitor.

I bought one of the glossy X-Stars from Dream-Seller to test+fix blb if necessary+calibrate and sell unless I decide to keep it and sell my glow+bleed+pwm free matte Qnix instead.

I bought one of the glossy X-Stars from Dream-Seller to test+fix blb if necessary+calibrate and sell unless I decide to keep it and sell my glow+bleed+pwm free matte Qnix instead.

True glossy as in $600 to $700 price?

Yes, but it won't matter since there is only 1 left and it will likely sell soon.

i dont know if i should take the hit with glossy or be safe with matte annoyed

i dont know if i should take the hit with glossy or be safe with matte annoyed

HE told me in no uncertain terms it is a real glossy.

If he sends a tempered glass, I will remove the glass.

If he sends tempered glass over matte, I will demand a partial refund, lower then the cost of a matte display model since that's not what I wanted.

"Dear xxxx
Hello,

About the Glossy monitor, we were somehow supplied only 5 of them this time. We know that it's hard to get.
And this monitor is Glossy. Not tempered glass.

So, what would you like to do now?
Please let us know your final decision.

Thank you :)"

"Dear xxxx
Hello,

About the Glossy monitor, we were somehow supplied only 5 of them this time. We know that it's hard to get.
And this monitor is Glossy. Not tempered glass.

So, what would you like to do now?
Please let us know your final decision.

Thank you :)"

Crazy Korean's. That's clear as day. If he sends a matte or glass, dispute it.

but wouldn't i have to send the monitor back on my dime?

I will be surprised if you don't get the right thing to be honest, his emails to me were very clear as well. I say go for it. Hell I was going to get glossy, but I think a light matte will suite me better, I have never been big on glossy so I just stuck with what I ordered. If you want glossy for a good price I think your best bet is to just stick it out. After all why would dream-seller list the "Tempered Glass" sales at a reduced priced if they were the same? It's not like the glossy screens were always expensive before they ran low on them. The only reason they are 600+ at most places now is because they are harder to get and most people seem to be satisfied with the lite Matte since it reduces glare without making the screen look grainy, so they probably produce more of those. Personally I wouldn't pay that much I'd just wait for them to start producing them again.

Yes, but it won't matter since there is only 1 left and it will likely sell soon.

Well there's a shit ton of them up now. 589 from Green Sum, not that I would spend that kinda money at his store!

*eek* I ordered a Perfect Pixel X-Star Matte from dream-seller for 334... does look like the glossy ones are going to be coming back in.

Last edited:
The AG coating on this monitor is not bad. I thought it was going to hate it after having a glossy QX2700 (the 1st gen, non OC-able version of this monitor) and I don't really notice a difference between the two.

Well there's a shit ton of them up now. 589 from Green Sum, not that I would spend that kinda money at his store!

*eek* I ordered a Perfect Pixel X-Star Matte from dream-seller for 334... does look like the glossy ones are going to be coming back in.

There is a lot of them just not at $300 :)

My dream seller "true" glossy is shipped and due on Tuesday.

Once received, with all this confusion of bonded glass, tempered glass, plasma deposition coating, semi gloss, how can I quickly tell if I got what I want?

Back