QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

I have had my pixel perfext Qnix matte for a few months and have been really happy with it. I am putting that alongside my HP LP2475W for work purposes. I just overclocked and I can't tell what the difference is. Only played DIablo 3 so far.

Thinking about getting 1 or 2 more, can't decide.

Reading these posts, it seems like there's no clearcut winner in QNIX vs. X-Star and which Ebay seller to get it from (or for those who would rather buy from a US seller like ipsledmonitors.com), or perfect pixel vs. non-PP. The only thing I can conclude is get the Square Trade extended warranty; there's often a link to it from Ebay itself. So go with the cheapest (currently $279) + extended warranty for those who want a cheap, OC'able 27" Korean monitor?

I have had my pixel perfext Qnix matte for a few months and have been really happy with it. I am putting that alongside my HP LP2475W for work purposes. I just overclocked and I can't tell what the difference is. Only played DIablo 3 so far.

Thinking about getting 1 or 2 more, can't decide.

you may need to visit an optometrist

Reading these posts, it seems like there's no clearcut winner in QNIX vs. X-Star and which Ebay seller to get it from (or for those who would rather buy from a US seller like ipsledmonitors.com), or perfect pixel vs. non-PP. The only thing I can conclude is get the Square Trade extended warranty; there's often a link to it from Ebay itself. So go with the cheapest (currently $279) + extended warranty for those who want a cheap, OC'able 27" Korean monitor?

the qnix and x-star are the exact same monitor. the only difference is the logo on the bezel.

Last edited:
I currently have 2x Acer G235H (1920x1080) which I paid ~$140 each for and use one for gaming and the other for extra info / browsing / streaming / etc. while gaming. I am trying to figure out if an upgrade to one or two of these would be worth it. Two of them might be a bit too much and also expensive. Anyone here who can recommend for or against this monitor? I should have a GTX 780 Ti arriving soon. Also, might it be worth it to run one of these in the center with my old monitors on the sides despite the different resolutions?

I currently have 2x Acer G235H (1920x1080) which I paid ~$140 each for and use one for gaming and the other for extra info / browsing / streaming / etc. while gaming. I am trying to figure out if an upgrade to one or two of these would be worth it. Two of them might be a bit too much and also expensive. Anyone here who can recommend for or against this monitor? I should have a GTX 780 Ti arriving soon. Also, might it be worth it to run one of these in the center with my old monitors on the sides despite the different resolutions?

I ordered one, but will probably wait for a 1440p 120htz with lightboost to pair it up with for gaming. But that will be EXPENSIVE.

I don't think they are producing the glossy version anymore.

They are and they are not.

If you get one without a piece of glass on it, somehow it slipped by them. They're only producing glossy panels with tempered glass due to their supposed reason of too many returns due to the finish scratching. My current X-Star's coating is closer to the original glossy than Matte, so I kept it, that and the fact its as close to perfect as I could ask from these.

From Green-Sum, and why you're incredibly stupid if you give this guy your money.

Hello, this is Green sum.

We are sorry that if you have any inconvenience with the monitor.
We are seller and we are providing the items from the manufacture. The all of information about the items is from them.

We've never lied and we've never avoide the issue. We've been already trying to our best service for our customers.

If there would be problems and it would be necessary to return the item, the manufacture does not support the shipping cost and extra. There are all our service chage as the seller on ebay.

So we hope you could not misunderstand that information and issue. We are going to writing to inform about the panel as well.

Your monitor is glossy version actually.
In the past, the manufacturer released the monitor in three different versions, glare, anti-glare, and tempered glass.
Panel without coating was glossy, so it was called glossy panel. However, this panel had lots of problems and very weak from shock and scratches. So the manufacturer no longer produce monitors without any coating. And panel with anti-glare coating and tempered glass is actually glare.
So the manufacturer now produces two versions, glossy and matte. You might feel a little confused, but literally, tempered glass version is one of glare panels as it is glare.
FYI, AH-IPS panel, which is used for YAMAKASI, CROSSOVER, and ACHIEVA, is also anti-glare coated panel with tempered glass. And they call it glare panel. The difference is just the panel is thinner and has better quality than S-IPS panel, which is previous version.

Also, you could check the "G" on the original box that means "Gossy" as well.

If you have other questions of it, please feel free to contact us.

BTW,
Even though the manufacture confirmed the monitor is glossy, but if you could not satisfied with it, we would like to suggest the solution.
If you would like to return, we could proceed it.

If you could keep the item and monitor does not have defective, we could suggest the partial refund.

Last edited:
Too much broken engrish to really understand all that.

I ordered the Matte, I have never used a glossy monitor before so I don't think I will be missing it much. I have always hated glossy screens on laptops and TVs due to glare. I guess not hip to the new options out there, I always thought that glossy laptops were especially stupid due to them being portable and almost unusable in certain environments :) It's the most annoying thing about my cell phone and tablet too, but at least those are easy to orientate out of glare most of the time. :)

So I'm a little confused.

I read somewhere recently that the panels with tempered glass are matte panels with glass.

But you're saying they are glossy?

Then green-sum's email is not clear.

Does anyone know, do the tempered glass monitors have a glossy panel?
If so, can the glass be removed without major damage?

I read somewhere recently that the panels with tempered glass are matte panels with glass.

You might be right and I might hate my new screen if that is the case. Putting glass over matte screen makes absolutely no sense at all.

Mass confusion of what is glossy or tempered glass was another reason I couldn't pull the plug on a Korean. I know the Monex are glossy, but then they do not overclock. Right now it seems to get a glossy that can overclock, you get a Tempest from Overlord Computer. Of course these are higher priced, but still less than the ebay ones at $600 to $700. They are also A+ panels, but their pixel warranty isn't very good IMHO.

You might be right and I might hate my new screen if that is the case. Putting glass over matte screen makes absolutely no sense at all.

I was trying to use Green-Sum's email to illustrate, if you read, he sold me a tempered glass monitor but claims its glossy heh.

The reality is, there is glossy + glass, and matte + glass, its luck of the draw and you'll have to actually trust hes not bsing you.

Glass makes the blacks look quite grayish and causes internal and external reflections. Odellus removed the glass from his Qnix. Keep an eye on Monex (the glossy M27QSM but it uses a very low, 175hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency) since Qnix is now selling PWM free monitors (QX2710 DPMulti Tru10)...hopefully others follow Qnix's example.

Also, don't forget about the glossy Monoprice Crystral pro (same bezel as the Qnix), Crossover 27QD , Yamakasi Q270 and Qnix QX2700. The Yamakasi Q270's and QX2700 (not 100% sure but it uses the same casing as the first overclock-able Overlord Tempest monitors) are compatible with the 200$ Overlord 2B PCB's.

Last edited:
Glass makes the blacks look quite grayish and causes internal and external reflections. Odellus removed the glass from his Qnix. Keep an eye on Monex (the glossy M27QSM but it uses a very low, 175hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency) since Qnix is now selling PWM free monitors (QX2710 DPMulti Tru10)...hopefully others follow Qnix's example.

Also, don't forget about the glossy Monoprice Crystral pro (same bezel as the Qnix), Crossover 27QD , Yamakasi Q270 and Qnix QX2700. The Yamakasi Q270's and QX2700 (not 100% sure but it uses the same casing as the first overclock-able Overlord Tempest monitors) are compatible with the 200$ Overlord 2B PCB's.

LOL yeah, I got banned from the notebookreview forums years ago related to this.
I had an original HP Envy 15 laptop - nice laptop with a great glossy screen. People in the forum were bitching at how it didn't have "edge to edge" glass like the macbook pro. I explained why that's a dumb idea, with diagrams with everything (reduced quality, more reflection, thicker panel) and they still bitched. I told them in no uncertain words they were fucking morons and now I don't need to waste my time there anymore :-D

Now I need to find out if the tempered glass QNIX models have a damn glossy or matte panel. I have no problem with removing the glass.
I want 120Hz + Glossy.

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but since it's about the monitor...

I just got mine delivered and setup. No dead pixels, backlight bleeding is within acceptable levels. The only issue is there's an inch wide dark vertical band that runs top to bottom about halfway between the middle of the screen and the left edge. It's only noticeable when there's a light background. At 60Hz it's barely noticeable, but at 120Hz it's more pronounced and becomes really obvious in-game (I tried Skyrim) as an inch wide dark grey stripe. At Hz inbetween 60 and 120 it becomes more and less pronounced linearly so I've got it at the halfway point at 90Hz right now where it's just barely noticeable.

Has anyone else seen this? Any fixes, or is this something I'd need to send it back for?

I got en email from dream-seller today.

Hello, thank you for your purchase.

This message regards to the purchase you made for the monitor.
We have been having many trouble going through the monitor for Quality check due to so many orders.
I have returned many monitors to the manufacturer and will be getting restocked tomorrow. Your time waiting for this delay is very much appreciated.

I hope you can kindly understand that we are trying our best to serve best customer service as well as the best quality product.

The shipment will be made right away from tomorrow in order. We have entered the tracking number for your purchase, to keep the transactions in order received. This has not been shipped out yet.

If you’d like to cancel the transaction, we will do that for you right away!
I am truly sorry about the late update of this transaction.
Thank you so much.

Yours sincerely

Good to hear they are checking for quality although QC issues are probably not what I would be telling customers about. But since we all know going in that it can be an issue I find this to be good news although it probably won't make it to me on time for my birthday.

Is that for the X-Star?

I just placed an order for one seconds ago! FML ( I need mine this week ) :(

I got en email from dream-seller today.

Hello, thank you for your purchase.

This message regards to the purchase you made for the monitor.
We have been having many trouble going through the monitor for Quality check due to so many orders.
I have returned many monitors to the manufacturer and will be getting restocked tomorrow. Your time waiting for this delay is very much appreciated.

I hope you can kindly understand that we are trying our best to serve best customer service as well as the best quality product.

The shipment will be made right away from tomorrow in order. We have entered the tracking number for your purchase, to keep the transactions in order received. This has not been shipped out yet.

If you’d like to cancel the transaction, we will do that for you right away!
I am truly sorry about the late update of this transaction.
Thank you so much.

Yours sincerely

Good to hear they are checking for quality although QC issues are probably not what I would be telling customers about. But since we all know going in that it can be an issue I find this to be good news although it probably won't make it to me on time for my birthday.

Hmm I wonder why he wouldn't just end the sale then?

I hope mine isn't delayed. At the same time, I'd rather have a good batch instead of a bad one. :)

He sends that out to everyone anymore, and gives Fedex you're information so it looks to eBay hes fulfilling his end of the deal. More than likely, they get stocked at a certian time during the week, and then he actually fulfills your order. As for ending the sale, and or listing, why would he, hes still getting traffic....

Hmm I wonder why he wouldn't just end the sale then?

I hope mine isn't delayed. At the same time, I'd rather have a good batch instead of a bad one. :)

I just ordered one yesterday from Dream-Seller though I haven't heard anything back just yet. Nothing else to do but wait I suppose.

Ah k. I hope he doesn't somehow ship the Matte now that I've asked for a return. :x

Can't wait for my Glossy one. I've wanted Glossy to begin with, but knew the prices were horrendous because they were being discontinued. Finally got my hands on one.

I haven't heard anything that it couldn't OC. IIRC, my friend has it at 120HZ.

Post #139

Cheap glossy=matte or glossy (matte is more common) with glass over top=gray blacks plus external and internal reflections. Example of the Samsung S27B970D with glass next to the semi-glossy NEC P242W (same-ish coating as the matte Qnix).

True Single Input Glossy options:

Monoprice Crystral pro (same bezel as the Qnix), Crossover 27QD , Yamakasi Q270 and Qnix QX2700. The Yamakasi Q270's and QX2700 (not 100% sure but it uses the same casing as the first overclock-able Overlord Tempest monitors) are compatible with the 200$ Overlord 2B PCB's

Last edited:
Post #139

Cheap glossy=matte or glossy (matte is more common) with glass over top=gray blacks plus external and internal reflections. Example of the Samsung S27B970D with glass next to the semi-glossy NEC P242W (same-ish coating as the matte Qnix).

True Single Input Glossy options:

Monoprice Crystral pro (same bezel as the Qnix), Crossover 27QD , Yamakasi Q270 and Qnix QX2700. The Yamakasi Q270's and QX2700 (not 100% sure but it uses the same casing as the first overclock-able Overlord Tempest monitors) are compatible with the 200$ Overlord 2B PCB's

Holy hell, I better make sure I get the matte then!

Holy hell, I better make sure I get the matte then!

I don't understand your conclusion, isn't he saying that the Samsung in the picture is Matte and has problems? I was just thinking to cancel my order to get the glossy. Although I read somewhere that some of Glossy Qnix uses PWM.

Can someone clarify WTF to order lol? Which are true?

1) the Matte Qnix / X-star the ones with Glass over the Matte screen?
2) the Glossy Qnix / X-star the ones with glass over Glossy screen?
3) the Matte Qnix are just matte no glass?
4) the Glossy Qnix are glass over matte?

I'm sure this is beat to death somewhere but I keep finding different info.

Finally which glossy model is the one that most prever? I'm assuming the $600 ones are #2 and then people remove the l glass?

Last edited:
I don't understand your conclusion, isn't he saying that the Samsung in the picture is Matte and has problems? I was just thinking to cancel my order to get the glossy. Although I read somewhere that some of Glossy Qnix uses PWM.

Can someone clarify?

Well, i read:

"Cheap glossy=matte or glossy (matte is more common) with glass over top"

as:

"Cheap glossy=matte or glossy (matte is more common) with glass over top",

meaning, either matte or glossy (doesn't matter) with glass over the top. The glass ruins the view and makes it look like the image he posted. Am I incorrect?

Can someone clarify?

He is saying the lower priced glossy have glass over matte or glossy, this is what causes the blacks to look grayish. At least that's how I understood it.

He is saying the lower priced glossy have glass over matte or glossy, this is what causes the blacks to look grayish. At least that's how I understood it.

And the higher priced glossy has no glass over the glossy screen? These were discontinued due to being too scratch able from what I read a few posts back.

So we are safe if we order Matte then and it will NOT have glass over it? As long as you are ok with Matte and I am.

But if you order glossy, then you could get lucky and get a glossy with glass over it, and then remove the glass? But you could also get a matte screen with glass over it, which you could still remove the glass but you just wasted $30?

So then the question is:
Are there really Xstar / Qnix that still come with glass over glossy?

And the higher priced glossy has no glass over the glossy screen? These were discontinued due to being too scratch able from what I read a few posts back.

So we are safe if we order Matte then and it will NOT have glass over it? As long as you are ok with Matte and I am.

But if you order glossy, then you could get lucky and get a glossy with glass over it, and then remove the glass? But you could also get a matte screen with glass over it, which you could still remove the glass but you just wasted $30?

So then the question is:
Are there really Xstar / Qnix that still come with glass over glossy?

I really cant say for sure if the true glossy do not have glass. I am inclined to say they do not, hence why they are so much higher in price, but I could be wrong. A Matte will not have glass, that I know for sure from other forums. You can search ebay for tempered glass and see that those are still for sale.

Back