QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 1440p $289 on Ebay Free Shipping

I assure you the "branding" is subtle on the newest models. You definitely can't notice the label when it's dark. I notice the Z-Bots and the G-Shock aviator more than the branding of the monitor :p

IMG_07741.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

that's the same bezel the qnixs have always had except instead of qnix or x-star it says overlord in a hideous font...

that's the same bezel the qnixs have always had except instead of qnix or x-star it says overlord in a hideous font...

A dark grey font on a black bezel that you literally cannot see in a dark room. It's not obtrusive in any way. So I fail to see what your original beef was with the branding. Old English style font isn't a deal breaker IMO. Better than a big block DELL logo...

A dark grey font on a black bezel that you literally cannot see in a dark room. It's not obtrusive in any way. So I fail to see what your original beef was with the branding?

That looks more gray etched than white like I was thinking. Pretty sure that won't be noticeable in my dark hovel.

A dark grey font on a black bezel that you literally cannot see in a dark room. It's not obtrusive in any way. So I fail to see what your original beef was with the branding. Old English style font isn't a deal breaker IMO. Better than a big block DELL logo...

i know. it's still ugly. when you specifically mentioned the 'sexy slim' bezel i thought you were alluding to some new thing overlord made just for their panels, so you can imagine my disappointment.

Is it not a slimmer and sexier bezel/housing than previous Overlord models? What exactly were you expecting? :confused: Here we have a 1440p, 120Hz capable IPS glossy panel in a relatively slim housing with stand and warranty and you're pissed because the branding is lame. Color me confused and point me to a superior alternative.

So are these monitors safe to buy? I've been following these types of threads and it seems like you could easily be sent some garbage instead of what you are paying for.

Is it guaranteed that forcing 90+ hz will reduce the life of the monitor? Im due for an upgrade from my 28" I-inc monitor but I won't settle for any upgrade unless I get something capable of more then 60hz.

Last edited:
So are these monitors safe to buy? I've been following these types of threads and it seems like you could easily be sent some garbage instead of what you are paying for.

Is it guaranteed that forcing 90+ hz will reduce the life of the monitor? Im due for an upgrade from my 28" I-inc monitor but I won't settle for any upgrade unless I get something capable of more then 60hz.

They are definitely safe to buy. The 2 Qnix's I bought off Amazon are just about the finest monitors I've ever seen, and that goes in terms of backlight bleed and glow as well. Get a perfect pixel and put a squaretrade warranty on it and you're covered at least as well as any comparable "name" brands 1440p IPS/PLS. The eBay sellers are, for the most part, less powerful than the buyer. Personally, I liked ordering from Amazon the best, but it's not as cheap. Ecomade Arena makes no mention of 1 dead pixel is allowed, some of the other sellers do, BizBuy & Newegg's sellers do, while Gmarketmall and Storewithstory on Ebay have "Ultimate perfect pixel" options. Ipsledmonitors is another option for US buyers, easy returns but buyer covers shipping both ways (sending a Qnix UPS costs about 30-35 dollars in the US), they charge a flat 19.99 to ship to you.

These monitors would be a good value even if they did not overclock. There is little evidence to suggest overclocking the Qnix panels to 96Hz shortens their lifespan at all, though it probably does at least somewhat.

Can someone comment on the Qnix glossy vs matte version.. I'm having a hard time finding a decently priced glossy version but isn't the matte version a semi-glossy anyway with a light coating?

Is it not a slimmer and sexier bezel/housing than previous Overlord models? What exactly were you expecting? :confused: Here we have a 1440p, 120Hz capable IPS glossy panel in a relatively slim housing with stand and warranty and you're pissed because the branding is lame. Color me confused and point me to a superior alternative.

I think he thought you meant it was a new slim bezel compared to the qx2710.

Can someone comment on the Qnix glossy vs matte version.. I'm having a hard time finding a decently priced glossy version but isn't the matte version a semi-glossy anyway with a light coating?

The "matte" coating on the Qnix/X-Star (same exact thing) 2710 is a very pleasant semi-gloss. No need to get all crazy about the glossies. For one thing, the glossies are a pain in the ass to clean without scratching, which is I believe why they quit selling em.

I cant stand matte panels and i love my matte qnix. It feels like an lcd with nothing over it, like you can just see the pixels. Its wonderful.

BIG REVELATION

Green Sum explained something to me that isn't complete bullshit.
Why does she have duplicate listings for the same monitors? The more expensive the duplicate listing, the farther the shipping will cover... say Africa.
She explained the 2 perfect pixel listings for the 2b Extreme models, for example, one is for worldwide anywhere in the world (more expensive), and one can only go certain places.

If anyone is looking for a replacement stand for their QX2710

The HP ZR22w works perfectly. Has rotation, tilt, and height. It actually does portrait too but isn't tall enough for the 27" screen.

I cant stand matte panels and i love my matte qnix. It feels like an lcd with nothing over it, like you can just see the pixels. Its wonderful.

it definitely doesn't look like that. my qnix looks noticeably fuzzy sitting next to my glossy asus.

Maybe if i had a glossy right next to it. My main point is the matte on the qnix is not heavy at all.

Maybe if i had a glossy right next to it. My main point is the matte on the qnix is not heavy at all.

Call me nuts but I wish they would make an OC version of the Apple Cinema Killer displays... they are AH-IPS. The Danger Den rebrand I tested had the best colors I've ever seen, and for a super gloss completely clear coat, the PDC mutes the reflections surprisingly well, unlike the ADC which just shines like a mirror to the sun.

Tough to scratch tempered glass...

Just ordered a couple of Qnix's.. pretty excited coming from TN panels my whole life.

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison between a glossy Qnix I and the glass qnix II? I'm thinking of upgrading to glass but I love the glossy so much<3

If anyone is looking for a replacement stand for their QX2710

The HP ZR22w works perfectly. Has rotation, tilt, and height. It actually does portrait too but isn't tall enough for the 27" screen.

But I don't think it OCs, does it?

I bought my first QX2710 Evo II from Amazon a few months back. Bought another from accessorieswhole on ebay and it was here in 2 days. Both are perfect, though the QNIX branding has slightly changed, otherwise it's exactly the same. Both will do 110Hz no issues.

I did not pay for pixel perfection, I think it's pretty clear that while some sellers do actually test things out, most simply do not do anything at all, and deal with imperfections after it's been shipped half-way around the world and hope that you don't care enough to fight through their sub-par english support.

Back