• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Pulled the trigger

Hey! you posted your stuff on head-fi! great job!

damn you for having a better paycheck than me though, I wish I could buy some IEMS... and an mp3 player... and a dac... god I could go on forever. I'll rival your setup someday! hahaha
 
Hehe, I was about to go upgrade my cans, sound card, amp. But after seeing the type of money you're spending.. I think I'll wait!
 
Woot... the amp finally arrived...

Pics:

cans070.jpg


cans084.jpg




Thus far, it's both a gift and a curse, I can tell already. It sounds great. Helped the lacking bass in the grado's, and added even more detail. Everything sounds so crisp. It's a curse, because I know it ain't long before I have something better :D
 
Viper87227 said:
It's a curse, because I know it ain't long before I have something better :D
I was wondering whether you had got your amp today. Glad to see it arrived.

Welcome to team Curse you Head-Fi! (link)

I foresee a nice little 700$ tube amp in your future. :)
 
towert7 said:
Welcome to team Curse you Head-Fi! (link)

I foresee a nice little 700$ tube amp in your future. :)

Haha... Jahn already welcomed me to the team a while ago :).

Far as an amp goes... I am REALLY torn on that. I am not a fan of tub amps. Partially do to the fact that the area it would be in is a busy area... i'd be afraid a tube woudl get broken. Also, there is the fact that if I spend that much on an amp, i'd like a headamp gilmore light + power supply (or a similar solid state amp). I just dont know what to choose, I need to really research it further.
 
Sorry to roam off topic, but is the "track a package" not working for anyone else?

http://canadapost.ca/segment-e.asp

I've got my LDM+ on the way from Canada and I can't see where it is :\

CX 175 470 473 CA is the tracking number, if anyone else can access it-please lmk the status. Thanks!
 
Viper87227 said:
Also, there is the fact that if I spend that much on an amp, i'd like a headamp gilmore light + power supply (or a similar solid state amp). I just dont know what to choose, I need to really research it further.
Right, and add to the fact that *most* budget tube amps don't have an auto bias fuction, that means you would have to manually bias the tubes for best results every so often (plus the extra heat they make, the introduction of microphonics, having to replace tubes every so often, etc). Tubes add another level of maintenance, that's for sure.

I can see how wanting a SS amp would be eaiser (it is for me too).

As is always the case, if you can find a local head-fi meet, then you would be able to try out different amps with your equipment. But if that's not an option, there is a lot of info from others on amps. The hard part is guessing what would work best with your headphones.

I had the G-Lite + DPS for a little while, and I enjoyed it. When I went back to my PA2v2, music seemed harder to listen to at the same volume. Personally, the G-Lite is a nice value, but once you add in the DPS, the GS-1 suddenly doesn't seem too far out of reach. Blah, upgradites.
 
m3ta1head said:
is the "track a package" not working for anyone else?
DOesn't work for me. Their tracking system might be down for a little while....
 
DIY, neutrik connectors forgot what cable it was...

came with my pa2v2 when I bought it. Made by the user who previeously owned it.

edit: found out some more details...

Starquad cable with neutrik connectors
 
FooTemps said:
DIY, neutrik connectors forgot what cable it was...

came with my pa2v2 when I bought it. Made by the user who previeously owned it.

edit: found out some more details...

Starquad cable with neutrik connectors


Does it look familiar? :p
 
Viper87227 said:
Does it look familiar? :p

lol, exact reason why I posted the pic! hahaha

I even took off my pad mod to match your little setup you posted. lol
:D
 
bah.... looks like I got bit good. Not sure if thats a good or a bad thing.

Next paycheck, I am going to get a pair of mini-RCA cables from Headphile. Going to be the CPU series, undecided on copper or silver at this point. I am also getting a double stand. In time, I'll get a 2nd, but I want to give one a spin first, see if I really like it. That should set me back somewhere in the area of $130. Then, after that, my next purchase is a Corda Headfive... which I already have reserved.

Oh... and I also plan to skoot over to radio shack and get a pair of KSC-75's today, while they are on sale. I dont even know if Ill use the, but for $12, I want to know what they are all about.
 
Forgot to say, I also purcahsed a DT770 headband for when my C-Pads arrived. $9.70 shipped FTW!
 
Viper87227 said:
Forgot to say, I also purcahsed a DT770 headband for when my C-Pads arrived. $9.70 shipped FTW!
Pimp'in! It sure beats wrapping the headband up in paper towels or bubble wrap. ^_^

Again, larry does great work. His headphone stands are beauitful. Just make sure you pick a wood that you like the look of (and try and find pictures of people who have them).
 
towert7 said:
Pimp'in! It sure beats wrapping the headband up in paper towels or bubble wrap. ^_^

Again, larry does great work. His headphone stands are beauitful. Just make sure you pick a wood that you like the look of (and try and find pictures of people who have them).

I'm getting the cheap one. I do like the other woods, but not enough to justify $40 more.
 
Addiction strikes again!

Just paid for a Corda Headfive, Headphone stand and interconnects from headphile, and a refurb 60GB 5g Ipod. Thus far, that puts me at aprox. $1,300 in :eek:, and to think, I still have some E4C's to pick up.

I hope to have all of this stuff soon... and I will be back with more impressions.
 
Back
Top