Project: Vash (Trigun)

Impulse said:
<cough> thoroughly owned <cough> :D

Oh and yea, I don't think Kyle likes that kinda language in 'ere. Times like this I miss the noobie cheeze tag. :p

ok ok i don't want to add like 3 pages on your topic so one more sorry and when do you think you well turn the cam back on i all was mes theme all

Hey Jess, how come I hardly see the mod cam on? Granted I check every once in awhile to see who's cam is on so I probably just miss your's.

My room is such a mess Crim. LoL you may see it on this week. I have an etch job I got paid for $100. And I need to work on my new Vantec 520W power supply. Don't worry :)

LOL, I bet my room is worst. The only saving grace is a... mural or collage that completely covers one wall, everyone seems to think it's really cool. :)

Good to hear that your getting some business for the etching. :)
What'cha got planned for the PSU? Same as last time?

Nearly the same. I think I may make it modular. If not then I will cut the AUX. Shorten some wires. Also I will be either cutting or just heat shrinking over the 4 extra wires which are in the 24pin layout. I have a 20pin motherboard, but bought this since it is fairly quiet, and mashie helped me pick it out :)

I say modularise it! :)

I'm trying to think of what I can do with the AUX, I know I can use the 5v for undervolting a fan but I can't figure out what I could use the 3.3v's for. I just don't want to remove something I might have use for, you know? I've got a few right-angle molex plugs that are really nice too.

I thought some of the newer MB's are suppose to use the 24 pin at some point.... or am I thinking of server boards?

Update Nov. 28th!!!

I'll be working on the etching job tomorrow for a customer and my NewER power supply. Felt like doing a mini update. Turns out the water just needed some time to become red :) So stop your complaining :D

2 Internal Watercooling shots. CPU, NB, and GPU coolers.

redinsides.jpg

redinsides2.jpg

And here's a picture of my dog keeping me company lol she is so cute :) She just sleeps by me while I'm modding.

alpha17.jpg

geee... those eyes match the water color....

so red...

and water....

and the tubing....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update Nov. 30th modular goodness!!

Hehe as you can tell in the title Jess has been hanging with the wrong crowd of people....the ones who mod! Well I purchased a NEW-er power supply which is the Vantec 520W for some fun. Last night / this morning I got to take it apart, and void the warranty...who needs those anyways?

So with some pins purchased from FrozenCPU and an entourage of tools...crimpers, cutters, you name it I probrably had it.

Even dremel-ed the case of the PSU. And yes I'm still working on it! Recieving some modders mesh from Bill soon and I'll use that on the fan grills. Also need to cut a few wires off the 24pin ATX and make it a 20pin. Then sleeve that and the modular lines I cut off oh and pin the ends with female molexes.

Here is the PSU right out of the box, warranty still there too.
nonmodular.jpg

PSU case dremeled for the male molex connector + pins. Here I placed the connectors in to see if they would fit.
modular2.jpg

After some cutting of wires and insulating. Stripping and Pin-ing and crimping.....
Now its modular!
modular3.jpg

Proof that it works! It's A-L-I-V-E!!!!
modular4.jpg

I got a present on Friday! It's a multimeter...Perfect for testing voltages!
Here I'm testing the 12V line. Looking good at 12.01V
modular5.jpg

Here I'm testing the 5V line. Hmm...not bad @ 5.24V
modular6.jpg

LOL, I'll have to remember to pick up a multimeter before I do mine. Looks good. :)

What's that device you plugged the ATX connector into?

It's a power supply tester :) I used it since it basically acts as a motherboard and turns the power supply on without me having to use the paper clip method.

Damn girl! What are you doing up at 5 in the morning? I was going to answer for Elledan but you beat me too it. :)

LOL, I was just watching some anime. Going to hit the sack now (after one more episode :D).

JessAlba452 said:
It's a power supply tester :) I used it since it basically acts as a motherboard and turns the power supply on without me having to use the paper clip method.
I assume it also provides some standard loads for each rail?

<--- still uses the paperclip-and-some-junk-hardware-as-load methode =^_^=

As an aside, staying up late really does horrible things to your skin, especially your face's. Whoever of you two feels addressed: go to bed already ;)

Now that is the red i thought it would be... Nice :D

And now your even getting customers, its crazy :p

:D I think it does test each line. LoL I'll go to sleep soon don't worry!

UT yes...I know its red. You better be happy now :p

PSU looks sweet! You gonna use red/90 degree molex connectors on the removable tails? And where are the pics of the whole shebang put together? :D

Nah no 90 Degree molexes. But I'm still working on the PSU....actually right now I've been busy doing a custom etch for someone. Taking a 5 min break :) Now its time to get back to work!

JessAlba452 said:
Nah no 90 Degree molexes. But I'm still working on the PSU....actually right now I've been busy doing a custom etch for someone. Taking a 5 min break :) Now its time to get back to work!
5 hours of sleep, eh? ;)

Update December 2nd!

I was waiting all day and finally a package arrived at my door. A package of what, and from whom you may ask? You'll see!

I got a huge package from www.mnpctech.com filled with all these goodies! Thanks goes out to Bill for awesome stuff and quick shipping. Everything was packed safely and arrived without a scratch. This stuff is high quality too, so you get your moneys worth!

First up is the modders mesh which I'll use for my fan grills.
mnpctech1.jpg

Second is a 120mm fan grill, U-channel molding, fan silencing grommets, and a project box!
mnpctech2.jpg

Third is a pair of UVEX safety glasses, and a pack of the famous fiberglass reinforced cut off wheels.

I wanted to try the cut off wheels since I've read that they're much better than the dremel brand. When they arrived the first thing I said was..."Damn these are huge!"

The goggles say that they're also the non-fogging kind which is going to be awesome! I can't tell you how many times while working my goggles fogged up so bad I couldn't see what I was cutting so I took them off and continued to dremel without them on....definately not safe so it'll be fun to try these out.
mnpctech3.jpg

And last, but not least is this really cool Case Modders T-Shirt!!
mnpctech4.jpg

Oh and for those of you who watch www.modcam.net I'll be on at 10PM EST! :)

haha yap. At work right now. Work for nextel in downtown Oakland

Looking forward to that etching How-To Jess! :)

It was $8 for shipping with all the stuff i got! :D So it'll probrably be like $3-6 for just fan grills :D

cool thanks :cool:

crap crap crap forgot that you were moding at 10 crap :mad: :mad: :mad:

LoL! It's okay...Sunday I'll probrably be on again. Going to be finishing it up :)

And you're welcome! :D

Hmm? Well the case is "about" Vash who stars in the anime show Trigun. :) So all in all, it's just a Vash case.

Update December 7th 2004!

I had to take the pins out of the 24pin ATX connector and do some sleeving. Well here you see 4 extra pins just strewn about. If you're wondering why it still works on the PSU tester, this is because I've converted the 24pin ATX to a 20pin ATX power supply. The extra 4 wires were later removed after testing.
PSUmod.jpg

And you thought that making my PSU modular and sleeving the cables was enough modding? Nope! I love modders mesh! You can really use it for almost anything you want! I decided to use them as fan grills for my PSU since the wire grills just did not match the theme. Here they're painted black and one is silver as a before image.
meshblack.jpg

Here is the mesh installed for all 3 of the fans inside the Vantec Stealth.
Over all view.
PSUmoddone.jpg

Back view. (Still need to heatshrink)
PSUback.jpg

I had to take everything out of Vash to use a 1/4" drill bit to make the screw holes larger. Installed some fan silencing grommets thanks to mnpctech.com and some U -channel molding to make the fan hole cleaner.
casefansfront.jpg

Did the same for the back. Oh and lookie there! More modders mesh! teehee!
backfan.jpg

You really love that mesh, reminds me that I have to replace my grills with it too. :)
Looks very nice, are you going to do something with the fans (anodizing maybe)?

Nah...well one of the fans is plastic in the case lol. The one up front I thought about using Duplicolor Metalcast red on. Decided not to since I may replace it in the future with a different one. :D

Back