PROJECT : Ultimate fan grills

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

Here is the new 80mm version of our Tribamental Flames grill in Pearl Ice Blue.

You say you want a metal grill, how about some bronze? We are also doing polished aluminum, chrome and black chrome in the very near future. Very sexy.
The ultimate materials for any sculptor to create in are bronze and stone.
While it is possible to cold cast marble into a grill it is very plain looking, so bronze and other metals are a natural choice for smaller pieces.
IMG_2629.jpg

Faux Patinated Cold Cast Bronze
IMG_2625.jpg

Raw Polished Bronze

Ok, I'll be the bastard here, and say : welcome to the world of UGLY ...

I can't beleive some ppl even like suck kind of stuff, I mean, it's like blocking half your air flow, looks like utter gay crap on whatever case you might think of, and worst of all, you paid for it !!
:D :D :D :D

Tos said:

I can't beleive some ppl even like suck kind of stuff, I mean, it's like blocking half your air flow, looks like utter gay crap on whatever case you might think of, and worst of all, you paid for it !!

I sure hope you're kidding.

CoRPS said:
I sure hope you're kidding.

well, I'm barely half kidding .. I mean, most if not all fan grills serve the only purpose of " uglifying " a case ... plus all those CS/Quake/Doom3/skull/demon/'whatever crap might arise after I post this' fangrills are lame in any aspect ( except of course fangrills that fit in the casemod's theme, which is quite rare )

then again, that's my taste only, and ( unfortunately ;) ) I can't influence other people's.

I miss the time when fangrills' purpose was mainly to avoid finger hamburgers ...

bonz, is that bronse one 80mm or 120? or even 92.....umm you makin those more now, im modding yet another case and im interested... ill shoot ya a PM quick

^ I can't say I like it. Maybe you should take a whole new approach, and have several pentagrams inside each other; and several demons too? Kinda like the Doom II pentragram. You can find the picture in Crimson's thread on his modding.. well, not nearly that complicated; but something similar. This just doesn't seem like a very good idea, and I can tell your right now it's not going to be a very popular grill.

Err here's the picture of the pentagram. You can't make it nearly as intricate; but you get the idea.

And it seems you're getting some competition :eek:. I say you kill him in his sleep before he can mass-produce them ;) .

Darth_Fluffy said:
^ I can't say I like it. Maybe you should take a whole new approach, and have several pentagrams inside each other; and several demons too? Kinda like the Doom II pentragram. You can find the picture in Crimson's thread on his modding.. well, not nearly that complicated; but something similar. This just doesn't seem like a very good idea, and I can tell your right now it's not going to be a very popular grill.

Err here's the picture of the pentagram. You can't make it nearly as intricate; but you get the idea.

And it seems you're getting some competition :eek:. I say you kill him in his sleep before he can mass-produce them ;) .

Id be surprised if crimson actually mass produces those. They take ALOT of work, but do look good.

Anyway I agree with what you said about the grill. THe colors just dont match. I like the idea, it just doesnt..."flow"

Sweet merciful crap, 20k page views on this thread, so here is what i have been up to with some new images for your enjoyment.
This a life sized face hugger I sculpted from photos for the Weyland Yutani Case. I get asked a lot by people where they can buy the "model kits" of the Hugger and Chest Burster, you can't buy these I made them from scratch on aluminum wire armatures from clay. they are not plastic model kits, the clay is sealed and painted by hand.
IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

and here is the case
IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

The chest burster is also sculpted from photos.
IMG_2531.jpg

HOLY S*** that face hugger is something else. :eek:

You planning on doing a Doom case as well? Those are some great D3 grills.

Holy shit dude, YOU are an artist. These are amazing. I am going to be doing an ammo box case soon and I'm wondering if you have an military themed fan grills....

Looks great Bonz--love the Doom3 grill.

I'm curious about the Alien, Doom3 etc. Character licensing. I've seen these grills for sale on several retail sites and wondered if they are very expensive to license--Might want to try this myself at some point. ;)

nice art
very very nice
i personally dont like most of the grills, but i appreciate their artistic quality - the cases however are damn beautiful

WoW dude.

Those are BEAUTIFUL. That's some talent right there.

^^ You're right . . . they did just get SERVED!

I have no power to talk about impeccability of these grills ... but there is one thing I wanna say ... don´t you think that lots of your grills look much better before painting? (I don´t mean your painting is bad - it´s brilliant - but ...)

funny you should say that about the paint. I actually began selling them with no paint and not many people wanted them that way. Good sculpture should be able to stand on its own without coloring embelishments according to the sculpting gods so thank you for the compliment.

took a second look.....that'll teach me to not click on "page 2"....but it only lists them as 120 mm, so my question still stands, any chance of an 80 mm version?

Thats very nice, a question though, do you have some more details on teh chest burster, is it flat and on the window or hanging in the case? I can't tell very well. As for your grills is each one made by hand?

ok, very cool....

[EDIT]
I changed the theme of my system. I e-mailed you regarding custom made fan grills. I now only need 1 custom 80mm grill. I emailed a picture of the design.

Thanks
[/EDIT]

Thats very nice, a question though, do you have some more details on teh chest burster, is it flat and on the window or hanging in the case? I can't tell very well. As for your grills is each one made by hand?
The chestburster is half sculpted like it was split down the middle to keep weight down and make it easy to handle, the wires and chest burster are connected to a strip of wood that is hidden at the top and held by industrial strength velcro so the whole thing comes out easily for the owner to change hardware, clean etc. The chest burster hangs inside the case behind the plexi window on rigid wire.
Every fan grill we make is hand made and hand painted.

bonzanego said:
The chestburster is half sculpted like it was split down the middle to keep weight down and make it easy to handle, the wires and chest burster are connected to a strip of wood that is hidden at the top and held by industrial strength velcro so the whole thing comes out easily for the owner to change hardware, clean etc. The chest burster hangs inside the case behind the plexi window on rigid wire.
Every fan grill we make is hand made and hand painted.
If they are all hand made then you arent charging enough, how long does it take you to spit one out? Also since they are molded are they extra fragile? Can someone with a little too much pressure break em by simply handling them?

Here are a couple of places you can read answers to many questions about the grills and our work:
http://www.controlled-insanity.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1941
http://bonzai-mods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35
I think what we charge for grills is fair based on the time and cost of materials to create the parts. Modded cases are another story, somthing like the Weyland project is too expensive and void of profit, it is more a labor of love than a way to make a living. I have to like the case project or I will decline the work.

It takes me about 5-15 mins to make one grill usually. I make 10-30 of the same kind at one time in an assembly line sort of fashion. I have a person trained as a painter who also paints the grills here in the shop 4-5 days a week, along with my wife who can paint even faster than I can. She will paint 40-50 at a time while 10-30 is more my speed.
As for durability, they will hold up just fine to handling and normal uses, you might break a mounting tab if you cinch the fan screw down really tight, but other than that we have sold thousands of them with no complaints. Some of the newer deisgns are 1/2 -1" thick so breaking them would require and extraordinary effort. Even if you did manage to break them the break is very clean like porcelain so the seam is invisible, a little super glue and you would never know. We will also paint any grill any color at no additional charge, you just have to make a note of it when you place an order. So if you like a design but it does not match your case it can easily be made to match your color scheme.

X-rated grills huh, hmm I have dual 80mm fans side by side on one of my rigs, how about a turbine type grill shaped like umm (.)(.) I'd pay extra if they were perky.

PS Im totally serious and not at all joking. PM me a quote

ive been waiting patiently for a quote for a day or two, with no response or acknowledgement....and im wondering if im being ignored...or if the message was never sent.

plz let me know

NetJag, I have recieved at least 2 dozen fan grill quote requests in the last 2 days, I think yours may have slipped past me. Resend it to my bonzanego_AT_bonzai-mods.com address and I will send you an estimate.

Tos said:

You obviously are a very narrowminded individual who doesn't see past his own nose.

For one, this guy is making this totally wonderful highly detailed fan grills. For functionality???? I think not, he is making aesthetic works of art. That's exactly what they are. ART. He is using his ARTISTIC abilities to work in a medium to create something pleasing to the eye. He's not worrying about functionality. Even so if he's blocking a little airflow. Wow your case temps will jump 2 degrees F! Oh boy.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the FACT is everything he is doing is in the creator's eyes, a work of art.

He is a highly skilled very talented individual and you should recognize that instead of saying his works are crap. I find that extremely rude and inconsiderate.

Saying you don't like them is one thing. That's ok but saying that are crap is completely unneccessary.

bonzanego

Just like to say keep up the good work man. Very nice pieces you have assembled.

Grills ordered not delivered as expected. Can't get hold of bonzanego, please contact me if you see this.
MVC-009F

Eureka! Finally we have achieved a chrome like fan grill!
While not as reflective as a car bumper, which is no suprise really because things like long toth skulls are just not going to be smooth, it is highly shiny. I also created a custom, patinated bronze, 120mm dragon grill for a customer overseas. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I rubbed a little black ink into the skulls to add some contrast. The sculpted pieces tend to look rather plain unless I do this.
IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

sorry this pics are a bit off, but as you can see from the photo below we are having the perfect Easter egg hunting weather here with little ice easter eggs falling from the sky...

IMG_3019.jpg

hey, do you have an upclose shot(macro mode or something on ur camera..) some where so i can see how reflective it is??? that would be awesome... lmk if you got some.. im makin a case that's going to have black, blue and metal, woundering if these grills would fit some of the metal look...

mashie, you shouldnt have deleted those posts...people should be allowed to see that stuff...just me and my thoughts...

btw, that bronzish with the "aged" look is neet...incredible skills there...

Bump for some excellent work! Just ordered the 80mm versions of the Evil Joker and Pentacle.

what are those things scuplted out of? I need some material ideas for a case mod that I'm doing. I'm leaning toward sculpy for myself, but thought these were extremely well done with whatever it is that they are.

Back