• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Project Stackers - High End Builds, Comparative Testing & First Mod! (56k Warning)

So, any word on the watercooling parts yet? Haven't heard anything from you or SnT for a while, did your blocks make it in the latest shipment?
 
stumpy said:
So, any word on the watercooling parts yet? Haven't heard anything from you or SnT for a while, did your blocks make it in the latest shipment?

The blocks will soon be on the way along with everything else, I'll post tracking info again soon. :)

-Dan
 
SelRac,

Hey man. I went to reply the other day, but I forgot. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I couldn't resist. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, man!!

yes, that's the 3 1/2 drive cage on the bottom. With the dual heatercore in the bay, my DVD burner, control panel, and fan controller, I didn't have room for it, so I stuck it on the bottom. I am using some of those metal slides that came with the stacker for mounting a 3 1/2 in the 5 1/4 bay and stuffed them under the drive cage to balance it out. I also lined the case with PaxMate.

Keep those pics coming!!!
 
Scroatdog said:
SelRac,

Hey man. I went to reply the other day, but I forgot. Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I couldn't resist. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, man!!

No worries ;) I like the pics, just making sure people dont confuse them for mine..... since i dont have alota pics up yet ;; I'll try to get some soon.... My WC stiff is coming in hopefully soon so modtime is coming :)
 
Can't wait to see them man!!!!

You can check out my full thread -+>HERE<+- if you need any ideas........

I love this case. I just picked up another Dell Ultrasharp 1900FP so I'm running dual monitor now. I've gone from a laptop, to a Dell, to the Coolermaster ATC-201, to the dual-monitor Stacker.... When will it end??!?!?!! :p :p
 
I'm selling a new BFG 6800 Ultra, a new AMD FX-53 Retail and a few other items cheap on the FS/FT forum. Check it out here!

BFG 6800 Ultra for $550 :) AMD FX-53 Retail for $675 :) shipped!
 
Give me a couple grand, and I'll buy all of his stuff. I hope you guys are still honoring my "Dibs on the x800 if its free".
 
I'm going aquacomputer myself. Guess we'll see how it all comes together soon.... once everything gets in hehe.

Still have a few items for sale... comeon! A new AMD FX-53 939 retail for $675 and an elusive BFG 6800 Ultra for $525!
 
SelRahc said:
I'm going aquacomputer myself. Guess we'll see how it all comes together soon.... once everything gets in hehe.

Still have a few items for sale... comeon! A new AMD FX-53 939 retail for $675 and an elusive BFG 6800 Ultra for $525!

aquacomputer is OK.

but not as performant as 1a cooling, nore as complet and reliable as atotech.
 
Main Target said:
i do not understand, if those companies are so good how come i dont hear of htem much?

because you are american and americans have no clue about watercooling :D

Atotech is the single bigest watercooling company, and 1A cooling has the best waterblocks ;)

http://www.1acooling.com

and for icebear, their site isnt responding tonight

here is atotech : http://www.atotech.com/


do a google search for 1a hv2, 1a hv3, atotech MC1.... 1a sl2...
 
LyCoS said:
because you are american and americans have no clue about watercooling :D


do a google search for 1a hv2, 1a hv3, atotech MC1.... 1a sl2...

You're right. We have no clue. Just look at how bad I messed up my system because I had no clue -+>Here<+- :p :p
 
Scroatdog said:
You're right. We have no clue. Just look at how bad I messed up my system because I had no clue -+>Here<+- :p :p

braded PVC is bad for your mobo, AGP....


1a cooling and atotech work off 8/6mm tubing... its tiny, supple...
 
LyCoS said:
braded PVC is bad for your mobo, AGP....


1a cooling and atotech work off 8/6mm tubing... its tiny, souple...


Braided PVC was on my first H20 setup. Not on my current one. You have to look at more than just the first picture........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
LyCoS said:
braded PVC is bad for your mobo, AGP....

1a cooling and atotech work off 8/6mm tubing... its tiny, souple...

I hope you meant supple... as souple is a component on a flail, not something I readily associate with watercooling. :p
 
Impulse said:
I hope you meant supple... as souple is a component on a flail, not something I readily associate with watercooling. :p

edited : happy ?

swiftech sux all together ;)

the pump is OK, the rad is OK, its just the blocks that suck.

plus big tubes arent very... practicall...

yoohooo : icebears-systems is back.

check this out :
http://icebear-systems.de/

http://icebear-systems.de/index.php?id=44 (click on links for pictures)

the MC1 is worth 50 euros and the ardex (for GPU/NB) is 45.

those things are soooooo much better then swiftech blocks...

and if you thought swiftech blocks are well finished :

http://www.tuneworld.de/artikel/mc1/mc1.htm

check out the picts ;)
 
Main Target said:
are they cheaper? maybe ill get into water cooling

yeah.

if you're just doing 1 circut that cools CPU + NB + GPU, i STRONGLY advise you the atotech stuff. the pressure drop per block is calculated so that you can put them in paralell and have better temps then in series. Plus the finish is superb !! and performance whies smokes swiftech, DD....

If you just want to cool your processor, get a 1A SL2. thats the best stuff out there.

here is the overclockers.com test :

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/waterkit.asp (rankings)


http://www.overclockers.com/articles1122/ (full test)


note that the 1A SL2 is better then the HV3
 
I haven't really mod anything yet ;; Not until the water cooling stuff gets here. Until then, its just a simple build >.<;;;
 
stel => you should have tried this mobo out :

fsb400.JPG
 


Have you noticed anything about these "rankings". While I trust their website, they are generally spot on in their methods and results. The fact that they have the Koolance and the Corsair solutions so high up there makes me wonder. Hey don't get me wrong Koolance and Corsair are great companies that make great products, but as far as putting a Danger Den setup against those two is a joke. Hey maybe danger den doesn't get top 3 maybe they don't...but next time lets see some actual comparitive analysis.
 
THAT looks amazing, im getting a stacker for christmas, i need some space to mod, look very nice!!!
 
hardwarephreak said:
Have you noticed anything about these "rankings". While I trust their website, they are generally spot on in their methods and results. The fact that they have the Koolance and the Corsair solutions so high up there makes me wonder. Hey don't get me wrong Koolance and Corsair are great companies that make great products, but as far as putting a Danger Den setup against those two is a joke. Hey maybe danger den doesn't get top 3 maybe they don't...but next time lets see some actual comparitive analysis.


http://www.watercoolplanet.de/index.php?open=4&show=1&sort=differenz&order=asc&pagenum=1

dangerden RBX is on the 2nd page.

and by the way, 1A SL2 smokes all of them :

using a xice pcp-25 in 7v and a 1A blacklord with 2 papst in 7v, i dont gain 1 degree C from idle to load (A64 3400+), and i need to OC too 2.7Ghz to see a 1 degree difference...

http://www.1acooling.com
 
Scroatdog said:
Here are some pictures of my Stacker rig that "don't suck".......... :D :D

Stacker038.jpg


Stacker040.jpg


yummy yum chops,

just picked myself up a stacker, and transfering a gone to hell water kit from my antec, only good part is the pump which is the sexy swiftech mpc600.

what rads are ya using and how abouts did you mount it in the case. I was going with a BIX which i'm thinking would fit nicely on the 120mm rear exhaust, i was thinking i'd stick it outside and drill holes for the in/outlets to stick through into the case when i mount it, then have the fan on the inside pushing.. now i know thats hot air going across the rads but i think that top exchaust will help keep the temps down.
 
MrPG said:
yummy yum chops,

just picked myself up a stacker, and transfering a gone to hell water kit from my antec, only good part is the pump which is the sexy swiftech mpc600.

what rads are ya using and how abouts did you mount it in the case. I was going with a BIX which i'm thinking would fit nicely on the 120mm rear exhaust, i was thinking i'd stick it outside and drill holes for the in/outlets to stick through into the case when i mount it, then have the fan on the inside pushing.. now i know thats hot air going across the rads but i think that top exchaust will help keep the temps down.


Used a Bonneville Dual heatercore that 2Fresh sells in teh For Sale/Trade thread. Put it in the front bays, not leaving me alot of room for much else, which is why I pushed the 3/4 HDD cage to the middle of the case...


SelRac..... We need some updates, man!!!!!! PICS PICS PICS!!!! Bring 'em on!!!
 
Main Target said:
his watercooling stuff got shipped YESTERDAY via 7day group UPS..... so soon i say!


Let me get this straight........ He bought two Stackers and enough goodies to fill those cases 'a plenty' but opted for SEVEN DAY UPS GROUND SHIPPING on his H20 goods?


Geeze.... :p :p :p
 
Back
Top