Project:PURE

Aye,I don't get much time during the week but i'll try and take a couple of pics of the back tomorrow.

Just a small update,I got the HDD's and DVD drive fitted,here's the HDD's

Picture002-1.jpg

They're going in the two 5.25" bays below the res's so i'm using these mounts

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Here they are fitted

Picture011.jpg

Picture015.jpg

And fitted in the case

Picture018.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture024.jpg

I moved the plugs on the SATA power and sleeved that aswell

Picture028.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

Plugged in

Picture036.jpg

Picture041.jpg

That's all I've got for now,untill next time :)

NICE! I do not typically comment on case mods, generally they make my stomach turn. You have done a fantastic job!

It's rather rare today to see a PC CASE that is tastefully modded. Most people make ugly homebrew cases, or mod all functionality of a case to non-existance. Well done sir (or ma'am)!

*edit* now that I think about it, I haven't seen a mod this funtional and clean since topnurse was kicking holes in crappy modders faces!

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone,they are appreciated :),I thought i'd have a break from sleeving and had a play around with the LED's for the res's,I tried the white ones first

Picture005b.jpg

They don't look that clear and have a slight blue hue,next up UV LED's

Picture008.jpg

Personally I think the UV looks better,what do you think?,comments welcome :)

I would also take pics of how they look at night as I think the white LED's will look really sexy at night...but thats me...

Awesome work, mate. Is there a way we could get a shot of the case behind the motherboard, please? I am interested to see your cable management. (trying to get some ideas for myself)

Here's the back as it stands

Picture009-1.jpg

Just held in place with a bit of snot tape at the moment,i'll tidy it up once I get the rest of the cabling done.

Just a small update,these are the modular molex cables,there are two of these

Picture039aaMedium.jpg

Plastic stoppers and plugs removed

Picture003Medium.jpg

Heat shrink on all the ends

Picture023aMedium.jpg

With the plug fitted

Picture025aMedium.jpg

Picture024aaMedium.jpg

Sleeved and aditional heat shrink over the join

Picture026aMedium.jpg

Picture011Medium.jpg

And the PSU end

Picture013Medium.jpg

I did the front audio/usb cables aswell

Picture020aMedium.jpg

I'd also like to add,this build is now sponsored by MNPCTech,Bill has kindly donated some of his 120mm Machined Billet Computer Fan Grills

I'll be powdercoating these and using them to replace the basic wire grills I have now,I think they'll improve the overall appearance of the case.that's all i've got for now,untill next time.

Interestingly enough, we sleeve very simularly, I also double insulated my heatshrink, didn't ever seen anyone else do it, except your self.

So this means, either great minds think alike, or we are both dumb XD, but looks good, so that gives me confidence to keep churning.

I still got alot on the psu to go!

Keep it going!

What size sleeving/tube are you using to get it into the 20+4 connector that way? Im using some thermal tak 1/8" sleeving and 1/8" gardner bender HST but the sleeve wont go down into the heat shrink...from either end.

Maybe it's a technique I dont have down yet, can you elaborate a bit on that detail?

didn't see if you put a hole or some slits under the psu? not sure if that really matters, i haven't used a case with the psu at the bottom before.

man...that's just sic!

when I first saw the white glossy theme...it reminded me of Portal... ;)

awesome build...I use the same enermax fans (mainly because it's a 4pin PWM one and has a switch to turn off the light so you can actually sleep :D)

Beautiful mod! The white on black looks fantasic, and your attention to detail is amazing. I've got the same resovoir in my case and it works great. I am a little worried about it since my previous resovoir also had a plexi face and after a year or so the plexi cracked and leaked water all over.
Quick question if you don't mind. What did you use to cut the fan holes in the top of the case? They look perfectly round. I'm working on a computer for my parents, it has a single 90mm blowhole that I'd like to expand to 120 or bigger, but I'm not very good with metal.
Keep up the fantastic work!

sweet build! I can't wait for more progress! And congrats on getting case mod of the day on HardOCP

That is awesome. I really like the coloring, especially that white with black. Really good cable job also.

So very clean it deserves to be in a museum.

As others have mentioned, your attention to detail is rather obvious.

While most of what you are doing is actually pretty simple, its the time investment that results in quality work that shows.

You have a lot of patience and time, two things I have neither of ;)

This is absolutely beautiful, the attention to details is stunning, but...

In the pictures above, you can see the colours of the SATA-cabling. no big deal really but please, please cover that up with some paint or maybe a permanent marker! It would be a shame that something like this should spoil an otherwise extraordinarily executed casemod.

Wow I quit water cooling everything, but the CPU; because it was ridiculously expensive to build and upgrade. Very nice setup though. Top notch fit and finish.

Thats some incredible work you done there.Great Job!!!! That white your using is it a paticular color white like a pearl!

Amazing Job.... I can't wait to see how the rest of it goes. That is inspirational. I recently completed my case, and I must admit, I think it looks like crap now.

Interestingly enough, we sleeve very simularly, I also double insulated my heatshrink, didn't ever seen anyone else do it, except your self.

So this means, either great minds think alike, or we are both dumb XD, but looks good, so that gives me confidence to keep churning.

I still got alot on the psu to go!

Keep it going!

Yea,I did the wire ends first and then the plug just to make sure nothing slips or shows through.

What size sleeving/tube are you using to get it into the 20+4 connector that way? Im using some thermal tak 1/8" sleeving and 1/8" gardner bender HST but the sleeve wont go down into the heat shrink...from either end.

Maybe it's a technique I dont have down yet, can you elaborate a bit on that detail?

The sleeving is 4.4mm,not sure on the diameter of the heat shrink but it has a 3:1 shrink rate,it is quite wide before it's heated like in this pic
Picture005-1.jpg

More info on it here http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve/sleeve-kits-+-tools/mdpc-sleeve-kit.htm

I love this build. Clean execution of everything. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Bill :)

didn't see if you put a hole or some slits under the psu? not sure if that really matters, i haven't used a case with the psu at the bottom before.

This PSU intakes air from the front and has only one fan exhausting from the back,so no need for an intake below,it also sits about 1" from the case bottom.

man...that's just sic!

when I first saw the white glossy theme...it reminded me of Portal... ;)

awesome build...I use the same enermax fans (mainly because it's a 4pin PWM one and has a switch to turn off the light so you can actually sleep :D)

Thanks MoFoQ,I like the fans aswell :)

:eek::eek::eek:

Piece of art.

Thanks ikjadoon,glad you like it :)

Beautiful mod! The white on black looks fantasic, and your attention to detail is amazing. I've got the same resovoir in my case and it works great. I am a little worried about it since my previous resovoir also had a plexi face and after a year or so the plexi cracked and leaked water all over.
Quick question if you don't mind. What did you use to cut the fan holes in the top of the case? They look perfectly round. I'm working on a computer for my parents, it has a single 90mm blowhole that I'd like to expand to 120 or bigger, but I'm not very good with metal.
Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks jhuettner,the fan holes were cut with a 111mm hole saw
DSCF1346-1.jpg

That's a different case,I done last year,but that's the saw.

sweet build! I can't wait for more progress! And congrats on getting case mod of the day on HardOCP

Thanks Vinnard,I hadn't realised I did untill I read your comment :)

Damn i just messed my pants ,drools , Amazing, :eek:

Thanks fightingfi lol :D

That is awesome. I really like the coloring, especially that white with black. Really good cable job also.

Thanks RON,the sleeving is probably the most time consuming part.

So very clean it deserves to be in a museum.

As others have mentioned, your attention to detail is rather obvious.

While most of what you are doing is actually pretty simple, its the time investment that results in quality work that shows.

You have a lot of patience and time, two things I have neither of ;)

I wish I had a bit more time,I only seem to be able to work on it for two or three hours at the weekends.

This is absolutely beautiful, the attention to details is stunning, but...

In the pictures above, you can see the colours of the SATA-cabling. no big deal really but please, please cover that up with some paint or maybe a permanent marker! It would be a shame that something like this should spoil an otherwise extraordinarily executed casemod.

Yea,I was thinking of putting a wide piece of heat shrink over the back of the plug on to the sleeving,that should solve it,the ones at the top just need the shrink pushed back down,i'll do that when i've finished all the wiring.

amazing job so far, i love it

Thanks Lucian :)

Wow I quit water cooling everything, but the CPU; because it was ridiculously expensive to build and upgrade. Very nice setup though. Top notch fit and finish.

Thanks wtiger,glad you like it :)

That is the most tasteful, clean, and sexy mod I think I've ever seen. Amazing work!

Thanks DeerSteak,I tried to keep it simple and functional ;)

very nice looking mod.

Thanks vengence :)

Nice case.... As many others have said, it's the attention to detail which makes your work special.

I'll have to bookmark their site - it's hard to find modding supplies locally.

Thanks RagingDragon,aye they do make some nice stuff,well worth a visit :)

Thats some incredible work you done there.Great Job!!!! That white your using is it a paticular color white like a pearl!

Thanks,the white is just plain white,no sparkly bits or nothing :D

Amazing Job.... I can't wait to see how the rest of it goes. That is inspirational. I recently completed my case, and I must admit, I think it looks like crap now.

Lol,i'm sure it looks great :D

Those look really sexy. Make me want to see if I could mod them into the top of my ATCS 840, or perhaps the P180 for my upcoming server build.

They should fit fine with a little bit of modding.

Thanks for all the comments everyone they are appreciated,i've got a small update but just need to upload the pics,so,untill next time :D

Back