Predator X34 Owner's Club & Discussion.

Can you even see the scanlines at normal viewing distance?

Some say yes, some say no. It really depends on several things too, like what framerate you are playing at. Most report the scan lines are prominent at the top left of the screen.

Mine will arrive Friday, I'm excited but also nervous. If it can't do 100 Hz or has these scan lines you all keep talking about it's going straight back!

Mine will arrive Friday, I'm excited but also nervous. If it can't do 100 Hz or has these scan lines you all keep talking about it's going straight back!

Good luck and I hope you get a good panel but wouldn't disagree with you sending it back if it's not perfect. ;)

My Microcenter got like 8 in yesterday. I might go in and pick one up.

Just got the unit I ordered from Amazon. It was packed very well, they double boxed it. October build date

No problems hitting 100 Hz. Also, I don't hear any coil whine on an all white screen. Out of the box, the colors look just as good as my LG UM95. I'll do some measurements later. Uniformity is also very good, just like my LG, no color tint like I had on the PG279Q.

I haven't noticed any scanlines. I haven't really looked for them either, but just playing some games right now and they aren't visible at all, I sit about about an arm's length away.

zjCb.png

Last edited:
Just got the unit I ordered from Amazon. It was packed very well, they double boxed it. October build date

No problems hitting 100 Hz. Also, I don't hear any coil whine on an all white screen. Out of the box, the colors look just as good as my LG UM95. I'll do some measurements later. Uniformity is also very good, just like my LG, no color tint like I had on the PG279Q.

I haven't noticed any scanlines. I haven't really looked for them either, but just playing some games right now and they aren't visible at all, I sit about about an arm's length away.

zjCb.png

Nice, just got back from Microcenter with one too.

It had a September build date. I told the guy if they had any with a october or november but none of them did. They got like 10 in on monday, so they must of just took these old ones and checked them and fix them if needed fixing.

So far it's perfect, OC to 100hz no problem, no coil whine, have not really seen any scanlines.

Played some Wolfenstein new order and it works perfect. I didn't think I would notice the gsync, but man it's just so much smoother and quciker when turning and shooting!

Edit: the BLB seems kina a decent amount. I think I might exchange it tomorrow for a new one and see if it makes a difference

Last edited:
Yeah, G-Sync is great, tried playing some Witcher 3 and it still felt pretty smooth below 60 FPS.

And damn, this isn't the first time I've experienced high refresh rates, but 100 Hz on a large display like this is something else. Just an amazing experience really. More than I wanted to spend, but after trying this monitor I'm really glad I went for it over the 16:9 high Hz ones.

Can you even see the scanlines at normal viewing distance?

Ive never seen them.

But as stated earlier, I get good FPS in games w/ 2 x Titan Xs and i refuse to run the G-sync pendulum demo with an artificially low frame rate locked in.

Need a user who gets 50-60 FPS in games to take some pics of his screen to see if they see them.

Just received mine yesterday and love it so far, only problem now is I have no desk space.

Amazon got a handful in this afternoon and I managed to grab one (and max out the 10% cash back on my Chase card with it). I'm coming from dual 23" 1080p monitors, so this is quite the jump up for me. I've got a single G1 980 Ti that's currently running at stock, so I'll probably have to bump that up.

Has anyone VESA mounted the x34 or have a stand recommendation? Ideally, I'd like a dual VESA mount arm that could handle both the x34 and one of my 23" monitors, but I'm not sure I can find such a thing.

So I exchanged my X34 for another, I can tell there is much less BLB.

There was one strange thing, I couldn't get 100hz to worj when I had my 2nd monitor connected via HDMI, so I found a DVi and DP cable and those worked perfect when I used those on my second.

Ok maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I though g-sync was enabled via manage 3d settings > vsync > set to g-sync. There I would expect to see: use application setting, on, off, adaptive, adaptive half refresh rate, g-sync. All I have is on and off? Not even adaptive?

Under monitor technology I have g-sync set, under display where it says set up g-sync I have enable g-sync checked.

Something just does not seem right, what am I doing wrong?

That is normal. As long as it's set to enabled under "Set up Gsync" you're good. What that Vsync setting does now is determine how the monitor behaves when your framerate exceeds refresh rate. If Vsync is selected "On" in the control panel, and framerate exceeds refresh rate then it will basically act like Vsync on, capping your FPS to the refresh rate and adding a tiny bit of input lag.

If Vsync is selected Off, then it will turn Vsync AND Gsync OFF when your FPS exceed framerate.

The point of doing this is for players (mostly competitive CSGO players and the like) who want the absolute least input lag at all times.

To put it simply.. as long as it's enabled under Set up Gsync, don't worry about it. Either Vsync setting will be basically unnoticeable to 99% of people.

That is normal. As long as it's set to enabled under "Set up Gsync" you're good. What that Vsync setting does now is determine how the monitor behaves when your framerate exceeds refresh rate. If Vsync is selected "On" in the control panel, and framerate exceeds refresh rate then it will basically act like Vsync on, capping your FPS to the refresh rate and adding a tiny bit of input lag.

If Vsync is selected Off, then it will turn Vsync AND Gsync OFF when your FPS exceed framerate.

The point of doing this is for players (mostly competitive CSGO players and the like) who want the absolute least input lag at all times.

To put it simply.. as long as it's enabled under Set up Gsync, don't worry about it. Either Vsync setting will be basically unnoticeable to 99% of people.

Hm, I'm a bit confused. What g-sync actually does is match the refresh rate to your framerate up to your maximum refresh rate correct? In that case if you wanted to use g-sync you'll have to cap your fps at your max refresh rate (in other words, enable v-sync) right?

Edit: Also, this manual is crap, what does game mode even do? What does OD do? And I'm guessing DTS enables or disables the built in speakers?

Here, I'll put it this way (this is assuming 100hz X34 refresh rate):

vsync "on" or vsync "off"
pc is outputting FPS 0-100
Gsync is active

vsync "on"
pc is capable of FPS 101+
Gsync essentially acts like vsync, capping your FPS to 100. At this point there is no discernible difference between Vsync and Gsync.

vsync "off"
FPS 101+
Gsync turns off, Vsync turns off, FPS can freely go as high as your PC can push. In other words, it's exactly like any PC with a standard monitor with Vsync off.

edit: So yeah, what I do is (if I'm playing a game where my PC can potentially push it up to and beyond my refresh rate of 144hz) use something to cap my FPS to anything below 144. That way, no matter what I won't get the input lag associated with hitting the refresh rate "roof"

Here, I'll put it this way (this is assuming 100hz X34 refresh rate):

vsync "on" or vsync "off"
pc is outputting FPS 0-100
Gsync is active

vsync "on"
pc is capable of FPS 101+
Gsync essentially acts like vsync, capping your FPS to 100. At this point there is no discernible difference between Vsync and Gsync.

vsync "off"
FPS 101+
Gsync turns off, Vsync turns off, FPS can freely go as high as your PC can push. In other words, it's exactly like any PC with a standard monitor with Vsync off.

edit: So yeah, what I do is (if I'm playing a game where my PC can potentially push it up to and beyond my refresh rate of 144hz) use something to cap my FPS to anything below 144. That way, no matter what I won't get the input lag associated with hitting the refresh rate "roof"

Thanks for clearing that up, I've got it now.

Do you know what game mode or OD does?

I also haven't noticed any scan lines even when playing GTA V which I suspect must be dipping into the range of 30 to 40 fps with details turned to maximum. Hopefully they aren't there, but I am not going to go looking for them if they aren't obvious to me.

I notice a lot of games in 21:9 stretch the edges to fill in the rest. Looks like a 'fish eye' lens or something. Is there something you all use for this? Something like Flawless Widescreen for example?

I notice a lot of games in 21:9 stretch the edges to fill in the rest. Looks like a 'fish eye' lens or something. Is there something you all use for this? Something like Flawless Widescreen for example?

It's going to depend from game to game. Some games have native 21:9 support so all you have to do is make sure res is set to 3440x1440. Other games require things like ini edits or utilities like Flawless Widescreen to work. Other games just don't work at all and you'll have to settle for either stretched (yuck) or black bars on the sides running 2560x1440.

I found this Youtube channel a couple days ago that is really well done and walks through a lot of recent games and how they support 21:9: Wide as Fcuk

Got my 2nd X34 on Friday from Newegg. September build, BLB is somewhat bad like the last one but I really don't care much, no dead pixel on this one though. My last monitor had some pretty bad color banding on the black spectrum only, this one is much better too, almost non existent.

Scanlines are still there (even from 3 feet away), but this one is substantially less, most noticeably below 60 FPS. I was getting some coil whine earlier but after messing with some settings like turning off DTS in the main menu, it seems to be gone oddly enough. Going to be returning the monitor shortly, maybe the 3rd one will be better.

Oh they also fixed the wake form sleep issue on this one, congrats to Acer for fixing 1 issue, now on to the scanlines please.

got my monitor for $1108 at Microcenter.

For those of you who purchased at microcenter. MC is doing a promo where its 20% any acer display with a purchase of an intel processor.

I figured I could buy a 5930k to get the discount and sell the processor on here for a slight loss and still end up with a less than 1299.99 + tax, display.
Shouldn't be hard to sell a MC priced processor on here since most people don't have access to one.

Guys my Moniter is finally coming tomorrow!!! One question, is there a light that lights up when its running Gsync like my ROG Swift lights up Red when its on?

Guys my Moniter is finally coming tomorrow!!! One question, is there a light that lights up when its running Gsync like my ROG Swift lights up Red when its on?

Theres about a 20" light bar underneath the monitor that you can set to red, blue or white.

got my monitor for $1108 at Microcenter.

For those of you who purchased at microcenter. MC is doing a promo where its 20% any acer display with a purchase of an intel processor.

I figured I could buy a 5930k to get the discount and sell the processor on here for a slight loss and still end up with a less than 1299.99 + tax, display.
Shouldn't be hard to sell a MC priced processor on here since most people don't have access to one.

I've got both in my shopping cart and don't see the 20% off. When does it happen?

I don't know if there is an indicator light TBH. I have not seen one on mine. I just check the info on the OSD.

Not sure what it is but under the color option it has MNT Status.

Cool, did not know that.

It only goes by what the Nvidia Control Panel says though. I was playing Mad Max yesterday and noticed I was doing 125 FPS, although it said G-Sync was on it really wasn't. Rebooted and it fixed the issue.

Bummed out, the screen Flickers at 100HZ!!! Good at 95hz, almost no BLB, No Scanlines, OCT 15th is what it says on the box. One thing is is there a Gsync Enable/Disable option? I havnt seen that.

Might be a dumb question, but does g-sync only work if the FPS of the game is between a certain Framerate. SO if a game is capped at 60FPS, does that mean my G-sync is working even if it's 100hz monitor? Same with if the FPS go over 100?

Might be a dumb question, but does g-sync only work if the FPS of the game is between a certain Framerate. SO if a game is capped at 60FPS, does that mean my G-sync is working even if it's 100hz monitor? Same with if the FPS go over 100?

If you're at 60 FPS then yes G-Sync is working. It works within a range, for this monitor it's 30-100 I believe. Above 100 will just activate VSync if you've enabled it.

Back