Post Your Workstations 2014

will post more soon
igav7k.jpg

I'm intrigued about your seated position after seeing how your screens are mounted..

what do you mean?

it might be the angle of the shot but the screens are on a stand, not mounted onto the wall.
the middle screen is lined up with the center of the desk, which is where the chair is.

ill take some more pics when i have some time.

I looks like the screens are facing the keyboard. Must be the angle of the picture

Judging from the green trim around the door frame, it looks like perspective distortion is what is causing the monitors to appear to be mounted at an odd angle, which in turn is mostly likely due to the lens used.

Late bloomer here, finally upgraded to Crossfire and triple 27". Had triple 27" AOC crap, returned it and replaced it with triple DELL 27" S2715H. It's ridiculously awesome.

2014-11-07%2005.48.34.jpg

may be silly questions here but I am going to ask anyway .
what is needed to mount monitors sideways , also I take it you need multi gpus to run more then 3 monitors if not how do you hookup more then 3 monitors?

Many cards have more than three video outputs.

My GTX 980 has three monitors and a TV running off of it.

By mounting them sideways I assume you mean portrait -- many monitors can turn on their own stand to portrait mode. If on a mount like the above, just turn the monitor and mount it portrait or landscape as you see fit. Many monitor mounts also have the ability to turn or twist into landscape and portrait mode.

Many cards have more than three video outputs.

My GTX 980 has three monitors and a TV running off of it.

By mounting them sideways I assume you mean portrait -- many monitors can turn on their own stand to portrait mode. If on a mount like the above, just turn the monitor and mount it portrait or landscape as you see fit. Many monitor mounts also have the ability to turn or twist into landscape and portrait mode.

hmm ok well I guess I need to upgrade my vid card from 560ti lol

Late bloomer here, finally upgraded to Crossfire and triple 27". Had triple 27" AOC crap, returned it and replaced it with triple DELL 27" S2715H. It's ridiculously awesome.

Looks good and good choice going with the Dells.

Don't recognize the keyboard...mind sharing what that is? TIA.

A lot of the the guys in this thread that do their cable sleeving do an awesome job. Any recommendations on where to get those quality sleeves?

got myself a new rack for my PERFECTLY REASONABLE AMOUNT OF STEREO EQUIPMENT ....:rolleyes:

anyways... was a floor display so got a good price on it .... much better that the POS wobbly hand me down rack I had before

What case is that ^ simarills, or is it custom. Great looking setup... More pics?

It is the H frame, with the optional glass side. Also bought an air compressor to clean it every few months due to its open nature,,,,

The headphones and the Audeze LCD2, they are hefty but not as heavy as they look. The sound quality is worth the additional weight!

The headphones and the Audeze LCD2, they are hefty but not as heavy as they look. The sound quality is worth the additional weight!

From reviews, they look great but just typical Sennheiser PC350's are way to heavy for my neck for long periods of time :/

VkaIS7e.jpg

VceVwcq.jpg

My little area.. All that's left to do is to mount the TV on the tilting wall mount I got.. and most importantly, prep the walls to get painted over. That wallpaper has been in this bedroom since the 70s and it just needs to go ASAP. Also waiting on two Allsop monitor stands to lift my two side monitors up a bit, to match the BenQ. The cheap Acer stands are just way too low.

Syribo is that armrest/ mousepad deally custom or did it come with the chair?

Syribo is that armrest/ mousepad deally custom or did it come with the chair?

It came separate from the chair, but it's on the DX Racer site :) I love it.

Also, I LOVE my DX Racer chair. REALLY love. I have a crap ton of things wrong with my body, neurological disease, 3 herniated discs, 3 bulging discs, 2 torn discs all in my lower spine. I was crippled after tearing another one a few weeks ago.. Instead of continuing to lay in bed all day with my PC next to it, I opted to get an ergonomic chair instead. I did a ton of research, the DX Racer sounded good. Got one of the R-Series and man.. am I happy with this decision. My back pain went away so quick. This thing is so customizable, I love the mousepad armrest accessory.

Last edited:
I'm more a traditionalist when it comes to modding, but that thing up there ^ is a work of art.

Good job!

Back