Post Your Workstations 2014

Prev_01SM.jpg

Last edited:
Before:

IMG_0299_zps8de98aeb.jpg

After:

Desk_zpsead89689.jpg

Went from an Ikea Jerker desk to a 1940/1950s bankers desk that has so much more room.

Now all I need is some 30" monitors and I will be set

Obviouslytom: I did the same thing. Over the weekend, I dumped my IKEA Galant for this and have a lot more room. I'm about to paint a coat of sealant on the wood. Once it dries, it'll be ready for all my stuff.

BTW, I'm gonna sneak into your house and steal that Lego Star Wars Destroyer!!!

New setup at work. They gave me an Alienware Aurora R4 to replace the dell desktop I was using.

IMG_0296_zpsd71d70ff.jpg

really?

what kind of work do you do?

not to be mean but who's your IT? why in the world would they spend money on that crap?

LOL

really?

what kind of work do you do?

not to be mean but who's your IT? why in the world would they spend money on that crap?

LOL

I've had that happen before, when I worked for a bank we used Dell as our PC supplier. Needed to get a PC that could drive quad monitors for monitoring firewall traffic to the FDIC and internal network traffic and security cameras between branches. It was cheaper to get an Alienware with SLi than a basic Dell workstation with a quad monitor capable graphics card. Since it went through the same Dell purchase account that is what the bank went with.

Obviouslytom: I did the same thing. Over the weekend, I dumped my IKEA Galant for this and have a lot more room. I'm about to paint a coat of sealant on the wood. Once it dries, it'll be ready for all my stuff.

Be sure to throw up an update when you get it done. I'm all into DIY desks.

First person i've seen here with that Humanscale chair, is it comfortable?

It was one of two I was considering buying at one point but Humanscale dosen't have a single showroom in the entire state so I ended up going with Herman Miller.

snipej00: Very nice setup. I spy an old school Steelseries Icemat. Best hard mouse pad ever, IMO. Mine is almost 9 years old and still going strong.

Reserved the #4 spot 7 months ago... just to post it now. Better late than never I suppose:

qFh6EPK.png

My new setup: (Because I'm not happy unless I redo it a few times a year)

File server on the left side, with my two homebuilt hypervisors running XenServer right above it.
The two near my feet are the Stacker cases, both running 3330S i5's, 16GB of memory, and 660GTX cards.
The mac Pro is on a 2560*1440 monitor, for video editing. It's a early 2008 model with dual quad xeons, 32GB of memory, and an 8800GT

The Mac Mini is usually just used as a plex frontend >_>

Last edited:
Haven't changed much in the past few months, did get a new case (not pictured), added another 6tb's. About to move this all into the new office since our oldest moved out a few months ago. Planning on upgrading to triple 27's or dual 30's, not sure yet. Also building a dedicated media server to run plex. Sorry about the crappy pics, they're off my phone...

IwG08sV.jpg

cs6aDHh.jpg

@allisons dad

Is that one of those awesome lab table from high school chemistry?

Is that a Hackintosh build? Mind sharing the specs and details?

Not a hackintosh, just using objectdock on a Windows 8.1 pc. LOVE the machine.

Specs:

Rosewill Legacy U3-S Case
2600k OC'ed to 4.5ghz with a Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E cooler
Asus Maximus Gene V mobo
16gb 1866mhz RAM
2 ssd's and 2 hdd's
EVGA gtx780 OC edition (gaming and photoshop)
RME AIO sound card (for music production)

ZERO space left in the case. A TON of micro cuts on my hand putting it all together but this thing is a beast in a VERY small footprint. It's been a few years in the making. I just recently bought the case and cooler to start OC'ing my CPU. Last year's big purchase was the 780. The year before was the SSD's. The year before that was the CPU/Mobo/RAM/Sound Card setup.

I've never kept a CPU/Mobo combo for this long but I really see no reason to upgrade any time soon.

So this is putting the "work" in workstation. I apologize for potato pics.

This is my main PC. Four 24" monitors. The other two monitors on the right are tied to my secondary system that has five 24" monitors

20140726_225052.jpg

These are the rest of those 5 monitors on my secondary system, along with the wallboard display.

20140726_225111.jpg

And here's the wide angle shot of the three wallboards along with some other workstations.

20140726_225132.jpg

They are. Had them a few years now. Great sounding speaker for low cost budget. The bass will not make your house shake, but it will surprise you.

Bass isnt about house shaky, its about sounding good. what model are they?

That's bad ass. Always wondered how those multi monitor setups on companies are set up though. A bunch of graphics cards inside a computer or are they some other solution?

That's bad ass. Always wondered how those multi monitor setups on companies are set up though. A bunch of graphics cards inside a computer or are they some other solution?

As I'm not in the IT department, I can't really poke around in them much, so I can't really say what is driving them. My workstation is powered by an Nvidia Quadro 440 (or two) with some DVI splitters. The wallboard is a custom setup from the manufacturer, Barco. We recently upgraded from a DLP type lamp to LED lamps with some kind of liquid cooling setup.

Please pardon the deplorable desk, it has served me well for 10 years for being given to me for free
(yea, always use a cutting board when using an exacto knife...)
k9aycm.jpg

taking recommendations for what I could do to the desk to revitalize it(paint it, resurfacing it for cheap)

So this is putting the "work" in workstation. I apologize for potato pics.

This is my main PC. Four 24" monitors. The other two monitors on the right are tied to my secondary system that has five 24" monitors

20140726_225052.jpg

These are the rest of those 5 monitors on my secondary system, along with the wallboard display.

20140726_225111.jpg

And here's the wide angle shot of the three wallboards along with some other workstations.

20140726_225132.jpg

Skynet

Back