Post Your Workstations 2014

paging Dr Freud.... sometimes a geoduck is just a geoduck... right? ;)

what's with all of the dicks?

You know, it's funny, my immediate question was "What's with the surgical tubing around the dildos?" I didn't immediately think to question the dildos themselves.

But judging by the shapes, someone's either a big ole zoophile or this is a long-running gag gift tradition.

You know, it's funny, my immediate question was "What's with the surgical tubing around the dildos?" I didn't immediately think to question the dildos themselves.

Ahahaha when I first saw it I didn't know which disturbed me more, the weird shape of the dildos or what the tubing might be used for.

Someone took the idea of HARDforum in a different way... hehe

I replaced my 8 year old desk today. It went to Guam, from Guam to CT, and finally to GA...

SAM_0546.JPG

Most epic workstation pic. LOL
-SNIP-

My wife saw this walking by and said WTH is that?! Is there something you need to tell me.

I told her it's my future collection I'm investigating and planning. She did not laugh, although I did, her face was priceless.

My wife saw this walking by and said WTH is that?! Is there something you need to tell me.

I told her it's my future collection I'm investigating and planning. She did not laugh, although I did, her face was priceless.

ROFL:D

Very nice.

The last two rig pics are a bit trippy, does it act like a mirror but you can see through once you turn the rig on?

Finally got my desk wired for proper power. There's 1500w of power supplies wired and cooled beneath it hah. You can see one of the 750's sticking out, which will be placed inside the structure later.
IMG_1514_zps4265dfad.jpg

Subwoofer tucked in the corner gives me +3db. Hah.
IMG_1516_zps7e8c2fbf.jpg

View from my desk.
IMG_1518_zpsc92ba817.jpg

Next job is removing that baseboard and running those cables under my desk...

And maybe get some nicer curtains...

Finally got my desk wired for proper power. There's 1500w of power supplies wired and cooled beneath it hah. You can see one of the 750's sticking out, which will be placed inside the structure later.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/Arcygenical/IMG_1514_zps4265dfad.jpg

Subwoofer tucked in the corner gives me +3db. Hah.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/Arcygenical/IMG_1516_zps7e8c2fbf.jpg

View from my desk.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/Arcygenical/IMG_1518_zpsc92ba817.jpg

I don't get it. What are you doing with those bigass speakers? Don't you have any neighbors? You seem to have at least 4 of them...

I don't get it. What are you doing with those bigass speakers? Don't you have any neighbors? You seem to have at least 4 of them...

The point isn't volume, it's range and accuracy. They have a perfectly flat response from 22-20k hertz.

And I have 3 neighbors. The room these are in only have above/below neighbors, and this building is 1ft concrete slab.

I had the gear before I moved here as well, so like, yeah.

The point isn't volume, it's range and accuracy. They have a perfectly flat response from 22-20k hertz.

And I have 3 neighbors. The room these are in only have above/below neighbors, and this building is 1ft concrete slab.

Nice setup. I love the desk and the view!

If the building has 1ft concrete structure then the response is anything else than flat. I cant see any soundtreatment applied on the walls or even a carpet (!) or a room correction system. I live in small concrete apartment myself (station few pages back) and the difference after getting a soundcorrection system especially in the lower end (<120Hz) was mindblowing.

what kind of sub is that? is that a car amp on top of it??

Does having the strong backlighting from the windows work okay for your eyes?

Honestly it sucks, but I'm rarely home during the day light. As a chef, my days are very, very long - and with school as well, meh. I doubt I'll ever be on my desktop when the sun hits me directly, especially the way I'm facing.

what kind of sub is that? is that a car amp on top of it??

Haha yep. Had a few extra monoblock amps sitting around, and a few space computer PSU's. It's a salvaged polk 10" subwoofer (with a massive Xmax) firing into a 3.5 sqft box with a 15" passive radiator. At around 50w it extends to 20hz at about 105dba.

Nice setup. I love the desk and the view!

If the building has 1ft concrete structure then the response is anything else than flat. I cant see any soundtreatment applied on the walls or even a carpet (!) or a room correction system. I live in small concrete apartment myself (station few pages back) and the difference after getting a soundcorrection system especially in the lower end (<120Hz) was mindblowing.

Well the speakers have a flat response. I'm doing some funny EQ stuff to try and get them microphone flat, but as you said, the room is horrible for acoustics... I won't be living here for more than a few years, so it's not a huge concern (condo market's goin up!)

And Windows EqualizerAPO really helps get me the sound I like with my computer setup. I'm doing some funky stuff with lowpass filters. The side woofers in my desktop floorstanders are on "sub" channels, and I've set their "subsonic" highpass filter to around 45hz and their low pass to around 150hz. The actual woofer has it's lowpass set to 45hz with a different gain setting. That way I get some fairly flat bass response since I've got 2 woofers for the mid-bass and a single ported 15 for the true low end. I do get a peak around 45hz as the octave losses cross, but I'm filtering 45hz with an insanely narrow Q using the APO. Using corner loading and brute wattage, I get some wonderful low end right down to 23hz.

The setup is really, really hack. Ghetto even. But for the music I listen to, it sounds incredible.

Last edited:
Was taking photos of other things today and decided to take some photos of my computer room while I was at it. It a little dark in the room, but that's just how I like it.

CompRoom_1.jpg

CompRoom_2.jpg

CompRoom_3.jpg

CompRoom_4.jpg

CompRoom_5.jpg

CompRoom_6.jpg

CompRoom_7.jpg

CompRoom_8.jpg

View from my desk.
IMG_1518_zpsc92ba817.jpg

Judging from your view, look like we live pretty close to each other...small world...I'm in the downtown core too...near yonge and bloor

Judging from your view, look like we live pretty close to each other...small world...I'm in the downtown core too...near yonge and bloor

Heh. Used to be at Bay and Wellesley, now I'm at Richmond and Sherborne.

Had to debate whether to buy here, or rent in a slightly better neighborhood... And frankly, buying just made more sense. Being next to Moss Park doesn't really bother me. The building is 2 years old, exceptionally clean, and being a short walk to the distillery.........

Just some updated pics...bought a lot of new hardware and rearranged office:

1zb7a6c.jpg

102tkpg.jpg

208fvpz.jpg

59x8q0.jpg

1zzknkm.jpg

Last edited:
Back