Post Your Workstations 2013

dude, go on amazon.com, I guarantee you they have tons of American flags for sale for cheap.

Performed a minor upgrades since this:
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2012/12/26/h_reader_rig_day/

Titans-1.jpg

Titans-2.jpg

dang!! triple gtx 690 :)

Just got a new Triple Monitor Desk Stand and got my desk nearly cable-free (ordered three longer dvi - cables to eliminate that cables from the outer tfts).

desk.jpg

now to work on those cables behind the desk...

this is true. there are a lot of great setups in this thread that could look even better with some wire management. take an hour of your time with some velcro straps or zip ties and clean up the wires. if you can't hide them, at least bundle them up and make them look clean.

yep you're right.

but i'm moving in about 3 weeks or so, making a cable management unnecessarily at the moment.

My update for 2013. I raised the displays up 1 1/2", added the small USB display, drilled a hole behind the USB display to run cables (mouse/keyboard, various USB), and hung some art work on the wall. The empty frame on the left will have the map from Oblivion in it.
2013desk_zps893f795e.jpg

Last edited:
i kind of like the idea of a small usb monitor.... what do you use it for and how do you like it?

I like it, the display is very clear and setup was easy. The thing I don't like is that when the display is on, nVidia control panel doesn't work properly, if at all. When you shut the display off, nVidia control panel works normally. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying.

I use it to keep an eye on temps and video card performance with Precision X. I wanted a way to monitor temps while plaing a game across three displays. I haven't seen if the display will work while 2D surround is active. That's my next task, activate 2D surround and see if the display works independently. It's nice while playing a game on the center display, I just have to look down a little to see the info I want (with three displays you turn your head too much).

Last edited:
I like it, the display is very clear and setup was easy. The thing I don't like is that when the display is on, nVidia control panel doesn't work properly, if at all. When you shut the display off, nVidia control panel works normally. Not a huge deal but kind of annoying.

I use it to keep an eye on temps and video card performance with Precision X. I wanted a way to monitor temps while plaing a game across three displays. I haven't seen if the display will work while 2D surround is active. That's my next task, activate 2D surround and see if the display works independently. It's nice while playing a game on the center display, I just have to look down a little to see the info I want (with three displays you turn your head too much).

I have a USB display as well. Primarily I will use it for SSH sessions while my other three screens generally have an IDE/Text Editor (left), General Use (middle), email (right).

I don't game on my pcs, so it's used solely for work.

Some software has quirks with the displaylink drivers if you're not on the latest version, so I make sure to stay on top of that.

New speakers!
Neat! I need to ditch my logitechs for some monitors some day.
Nice cosy spot for the interface. I have mine 3m taped to the side of my desk.

I've gradually cut down the system from full 5.1, to 2.1 with Logitech drivers, to 2.1 with the Polk monitors. I use my computer for a lot of music listening and have just grown to prefer a standard stereo setup + sub. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't really have the room to properly position center and rear surrounds to get to the full effect.

Some software has quirks with the displaylink drivers if you're not on the latest version, so I make sure to stay on top of that.

I went to the DoubleSight forums to find some info on the problem with nVidia control panel. Found nothing, but 99.99999% of the posts are SPAM.

What are those lights ontop of your speakers? Do they change color to the color on your monitors?

I believe those are a previous generation of Phillips AmBx Gaming lights, pretty neat stuff, it can project the dominant color of the screen, sometimes in partial colors and blends if your game /app supported. Some models included fan attachments to push air to coincide with explosions /noise.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
zO4Wyjf.jpg

UtT6uTO.jpg

cSCyzjj.jpg

jEbUXPe.jpg

PJDqtWK.jpg

87Naii3.jpg

WINkLxC.jpg

VzbYScS.jpg

QfURJ7t.jpg

gusARzs.jpg

gwJwkCL.jpg

----Items----