Post Your Workstations 2013

P1020619-1.jpg

P1020639.jpg

P1020655.jpg

P1020528.jpg

P1020681.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. It has that stodgy charm, but with all the upgrades.

Thanks!

/\ fancy accountant setup!

I am not much of an accountant, but it's a nice place to play some games after a long day at the office.

Jacob, I'm loving your setup.. What exactly are you using for your desk and the computer chair? looks comfy as hell!

I got the desk at Haverty's and the chair is from Staples. I don't think they sell it anymore.

Not a chance, bigger triple monitor sets up if it comes to screen size. more screens then 3 is just another nice option.

That bend in the top shelf tells me you might be tempting fate my friend. Looks like 2 printers and a SFF system?

it's a camera angle thing, it has a steel support bar under it and here is a better shot of it.

IMG_0038.jpg

@Killahurtz: Your multi-monitor setup is sublime, but what puts it at the top of the class is your impeccable taste when it comes to your choice of TV programs. You just can't go wrong with old school Star Trek!!!

@Those with 3 monitor setups:

Would you guys ever go back to a single monitor?
No way! I have 3 24"s on my main rig. Two 19" on secondary.
it's a camera angle thing, it has a steel support bar under it and here is a better shot of it.
The bar looks bent. I had a Jerker for many years and one of the shelves was bowed like that and nothing ever happened. It's an amazing desk.

Last edited:
@Killahurtz - Love the setup. I used to game on 3 x portrait by 5x is the way to go.

@Style - I would like to do a side by side racing setup for my kids someday. This is inspiring.

Specifics on those switches/routers? I'm doing my CCNP next semester and will be interested on getting my own little setup to play around with.

Routers are Cisco 1721s with 1t and 2t Wics. Switches are 1 3550 and 2 2950s.
If I could go back and do it again, I wouldn't buy the routers at all. Just use GNS3 and plug that up to a couple of 3550s(3560s if you can afford it for private vlans)

Thanks for the comments. It's definitely a party time favorite when I have company over. I have 4 computers network in my home so we mostly play multiplayer NFS SHIFT and NFS Hot Pursuit 2.

With NFS Hot Pursuit 2 the wheels needed much configuring to work properly.

Routers are Cisco 1721s with 1t and 2t Wics. Switches are 1 3550 and 2 2950s.
If I could go back and do it again, I wouldn't buy the routers at all. Just use GNS3 and plug that up to a couple of 3550s(3560s if you can afford it for private vlans)

Thanks.

Work on top, home on the bottom.

Work: HP 6300, i5 2400, 12GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 2 22" Acer LCDs
Home: ASUS UL20FT, i3 330, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 2 27" LG LCDs

Both have Herman Miller Mirra chairs.

PhotoGrid_1360885452116_zps2e3336df.jpg

Not a chance. I find three isn't enough for some things.

I agree - I use 3x 24" and one 27" and it still isnt enough at times. I take a laptop on a plane or something and I get so frustrated with a single screen. Once you go with more than one screen you will never go back. :D

I'm still using a 2011 LG W2242T 22 inch :(

Have tried multi-monitor setup's and I just didn't like it, maybe 1 big 40inch LCD would be fine.

Have tried multi-monitor setup's and I just didn't like it, maybe 1 big 40inch LCD would be fine.
I'm with you. Tried three 24" LCDs over the summer, but had to return to my single 30" after less than a week. I have a 22" LCD mounted on an arm to the side, but it's for e-mail, Twitter and streaming CNN, CNBC, FBN, Bloomberg, etc.

I've tried a 46" LCD 1080p TV. As I kept explaining to my ex-wife "Size isn't everything" - big monitor cannot compensate for lack of pixels. The purpose of multimonitor is to show more *PIXELS*, not just a bigger screen.

I've tried a 46" LCD 1080p TV. As I kept explaining to my ex-wife "Size isn't everything" - big monitor cannot compensate for lack of pixels. The purpose of multimonitor is to show more *PIXELS*, not just a bigger screen.

This. A huge screen doesn't matter when it displays text poorly and you can see individual pixels.

Had 3x24" for about a year, just switched to a 30" and I love it. The triple monitors were always a pain to get running in games (switching between all displays active and surround) and I found myself primarily using the central monitor anyway for everyday tasks.

I also enjoy three monitors, but each goes to a different system, which might be the bigger issue for me--going back to one computer would be terrible.

Had 3x24" for about a year, just switched to a 30" and I love it. The triple monitors were always a pain to get running in games (switching between all displays active and surround) and I found myself primarily using the central monitor anyway for everyday tasks.

Try 3 30" - you'll never go back to one.

I have a 6 screen setup and while I admittedly don't have a use for them all right now, there are times where I need to have a billion applications open, typically when I'm programming, where it's incredibly handy.

I have a 6 screen setup and while I admittedly don't have a use for them all right now, there are times where I need to have a billion applications open, typically when I'm programming, where it's incredibly handy.

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

Back