Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a great keyboard. Feels sturdy and really smooth to type on. The customer service was great, had a question and had it answered within an hour. Also quick shipping, ordered Sunday got it Wednesday...and I live on Oahu.

It's my first mechanical keyboard so I kinda had to make a educated guess on which switch to go with (Black, Brown or red). Computer stores on Oahu don't that sell these type of keyboards. When I had to decide on which one to get I had to hope after reading a info online that it would be the one I liked. I ended up going with the brown keys and they feel great but I can't really compare to the others because they are the only type I've felt.

It's a big step up from my old Saitek keyboard that I've had for 7 years. They are expensive though, $140 for the custom one and $120 for a semi-custom. I hate to think I spent that much on a keyboard but if I keep it for as long as my old one I think it was money well spent.

Yeah that's always been one of my issues going to mechanical, despite the fact my KB (G510) costs 120$. Lol. Only thing is mine was a gift, wouldn't have bought it otherwise, and I do LOVE the KB. I use almost all my macro keys, and the lcd is very useful in regards to monitoring temps, as well as in teamspeak. Some people love it, some hate it. Frankly I dont care, I like it.

If I ever do go mechaincal I'm going to go deck for sure though. Amazing lights, amazing quality. Solid, SOLID keyboards.

Yeah that's always been one of my issues going to mechanical, despite the fact my KB (G510) costs 120$. Lol. Only thing is mine was a gift, wouldn't have bought it otherwise, and I do LOVE the KB. I use almost all my macro keys, and the lcd is very useful in regards to monitoring temps, as well as in teamspeak. Some people love it, some hate it. Frankly I dont care, I like it.

If I ever do go mechaincal I'm going to go deck for sure though. Amazing lights, amazing quality. Solid, SOLID keyboards.

Those deck keyboards are really nice. I was looking the Decks, daskeyboards and Leopold "tenkeyless". In the end though I didn't need lights, didn't like the look of the das and I like having a number pad.

Those deck keyboards are really nice. I was looking the Decks, daskeyboards and Leopold "tenkeyless". In the end though I didn't need lights, didn't like the look of the das and I like having a number pad.

Nice nice. I'm just glad you're happy with your purchase. :D

finally got my 5.1 setup, got my g27, yea my cable management is horrid, still a work in progress

Cable management is highly overrated.

Not really. The better your cable management is the better air flow you get. Less stuff in the way of the flow. And it also looks much nicer when you have a side panel window. People wanna see parts not cables.

Sexy stuff, but do some cable management in that rig!
:D

So installed the Kuhler and did some cable management to the best of my abilities. Looks a lot better but not as good as a lot of folks rigs around here. Gonna keep working at it....especially those GPU power cables. Also need to get some black SATA cables.

23lnpdi.jpg

College setup

20110924150522jpeg.jpg

edit Sorry didnt realize the sunlight would be so blinding lol

Old pic, g/f has the digi. i'll up a newer pic later.
my trusty old cheapo Sauder desk was getting to be a bit small with all the stuff I get getting, so instead of buying a new one (couldn't find one l liked), i decided to 'upgrade' my current one. I cheated a bit buy using the existing top as a template and extending each end so it wa 6 feet to either direction from center. 3/4 MDF and some Sherwin Williams Enamel (and a weeks worth of patience) i have a nice new-ish desk to use.

IMG_0084.jpg

Thanks, Still need a few things to get ready, but the collection is coming along nicely :)

I think my next purchase will be a gun safe, I just need to save up $2K and figure out how to get it upstairs in my apartment (and back down when I move)

I think my next purchase will be a gun safe, I just need to save up $2K and figure out how to get it upstairs in my apartment (and back down when I move)

I think you need to re-word that to I need to save up and build a Computer Case/Gun Safe.... I am thinking 1" lexan door and a bunch of cool lighting. Also really try craigslist you may be able to pick one up cheap.

You usually keep guns at your workstation? I mean, you have a use for them? :p

eg.. timtheenchantor asks too many questions.. Point weapon at tim.. Use discovered.

the monitor stand is sick!

LOL thanks, it's a fairly simple setup.

18" of 1.5" Galvanized Steel Pipe threaded
Chief KTA325B Triple Monitor Arm
1.5" Floor Flange

Ran all the power and video through the inside of the pipe so it's hidden and clean.

oooh thats pretty legit, i copied that down in case i get adventureous

schapman doesnt mess around

Those are my go to guns. The Glock 19 is always on me and the AR is usually close by. Been carrying for over a decade now. Always good to keep the tools of a responsible citizen around ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back