Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting there.

mc28.JPG

now thats how it should be done

I just redesigned my computer area so I took a few quick pictures to post. I haven't quite finished perfecting everything and I still have a little cable management to do, but its almost there. My new Galant desk is great, I would recommend it to anyone. I would also recommend my TV mount I just got from monoprice.com. For $40, it really is the quality of a $200 mount.

There isn't too much on the side of the room that's not in the pictures, just my surround speakers and a bed(soon to be moved to make room for a couch).

img1035pi.jpg

img1042b.jpg

img1038pp.jpg

img1039nz.jpg

img1037zr.jpg

Modem and Router hidden under desk

img1050bq.jpg

img1045eu.jpg

I just redesigned my computer area so I took a few quick pictures to post. I haven't quite finished perfecting everything and I still have a little cable management to do, but its almost there. My new Galant desk is great, I would recommend it to anyone. I would also recommend my TV mount I just got from monoprice.com. For $40, it really is the quality of a $200 mount.

There isn't too much on the side of the room that's not in the pictures, just my surround speakers and a bed(soon to be moved to make room for a couch).

Good job man, that looks great!

Pretty sweet setup going on there. One suggestion, sell/throw away they keyboard! I replaced the same one with a mechanical keyboard, and wow you are in for a treat going from the "wave" to a better keyboard!

Everyone posts such nice photo's here, my crappy previous ones just do not fit in. Alas, here are some new, less crappy ones. This isn't much of a workspace, it's my bedroom, but you see where I'm going...

The desk. (iMac & Dell U2711 connected to the Lian Li X2000F.)

The Macbook Pro with Dexter decal from Etsy.

Television with PS3 and Xbox 360.

Specifications and reviews on all devices seen in the pictures above can be found on my website.​

Good job man, that looks great!
Thanks!

Pretty sweet setup going on there. One suggestion, sell/throw away they keyboard! I replaced the same one with a mechanical keyboard, and wow you are in for a treat going from the "wave" to a better keyboard!
A lot of people have been switching to mechanical keyboards lately, but I just cant bring myself to use my old ugly white keyboard from the 90's. Plus I love my wave keyboard, its... wavy! You cant beat that.

Thanks!

A lot of people have been switching to mechanical keyboards lately, but I just cant bring myself to use my old ugly white keyboard from the 90's. Plus I love my wave keyboard, its... wavy! You cant beat that.

There are a ton of modern mechanical keyboards that are aesthetically pleasing. Check out http://www.elitekeyboards.com

.....easy on the "ugly white keyboard" thing. :D

Thanks!

I absolutely love the look/style of my Das keyboard Ultimate.

mechanical_keyboard.jpg

Anyway, pretty nice setup you have there.

Unicomp sells more modern looking (and black) versions of the buckling spring as well. No reason to get a $200 kb.

Updates include new build, new TV, new all-in-one.

IMG_0011-1.jpg

Next weekend's project: cable management :D

if you plug it in and go, no.
they have a decent ammount of settings that DO need tweaking, but once done... perfection.

I'll never go back to a regular monitor.

If a TV has a PC specific setting, chances are you can use it for a monitor after some tweaks. My new Panasonic 37" works great, but I still prefer the uber-high resolution of my 30" monitor.

What did you do to the settings? I have a 37 Vizio inch sitting directly behind my laptop that probably has a total of 10 hours of use on it. Now it just sits there off all the time because I get extreme mouse lag, lines and a little fuzziness.

they have a decent ammount of settings that DO need tweaking, but once done... perfection.

I'd like to use a tv as a monitor once I build a new set-up, but wasn't quite sure what to look for. Do you game on that at all? if so, any problems?

I'd like to use a tv as a monitor once I build a new set-up, but wasn't quite sure what to look for. Do you game on that at all? if so, any problems?

I game on it often. I left a 26" Samsung LCD for this.
The 26" seemed to have a slightly higher refresh rate, I noticed some delay when I first switched and would throw the mouse around really fast.
After a few hours, I stopped noticing it, and I never really needed to move my view that quickly.
So.... I'd say no problems at all.

they have a decent amount of settings that DO need tweaking, but once done... perfection.

What did you do to the settings? I have a 37 Vizio inch sitting directly behind my laptop that probably has a total of 10 hours of use on it. Now it just sits there off all the time because I get extreme mouse lag, lines and a little fuzziness.

I will eventually come around to a full tutorial but these few calibration slides should help with the TV calibration.

STEP 1: TURN THE SHARPNESS ALL THE WAY TO 0. It is the first problem with TV's they still employ this option.

Throw these images up on a photo viewer with a 100% 1:1 fullscreen. I use Faststone Image Viewer (freeware) Download Faststone Viewer

Here is the explanation of that.

NOTE.. You may need to adjust the GAMMA of your TV via your video card display settings. Most LCD's need a boost of gamma to see the darkest of the dark bars and boxes!

And you can use these lovely ladies to adjust color and tint. I find on average most tv's color calibrates to 35 out of 100 and some lower. Tint just means the girls shouldn't look TOO red or green. If there is a color temp option try neutral first and cool if you can't achieve a natural flesh tone or the white background is not white.

Here are some other important ones. http://zeospantera.imgur.com/display_calibration

Last edited:
Is that calibration specific to the Vizio that import has or is it more of a general use calibration for all LCD TV's??

Is that calibration specific to the Vizio that import has or is it more of a general use calibration for all LCD TV's??

Pretty much all displays can be calibrated with them. Just have to make sure whatever your output device is it does not "color" the pattern. I use them to calibrate my FW900's.

A better pic of mine:
snip

THAT CHAIR. I MUST HAVE IT. Where did you find that?

Edit: Might as well post mine while I'm in here: (Sorry, its a crappy cellphone pic.)
Photo08290114.jpg

The other PC you see in this pic is now in my Entertainment center and I am using both monitors on my main rig.
I really need to go with some 24"s, screen real estate for me is terrible right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back