Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
surprisingly, Jon855's shot of the G4 Bulldozer actually makes it look good, but admittedly, I have only seen the wierd orange ones in person.

I was thinking of buying a 'dozer, but they apparently discontinued them. Goes to show how current I am with computer cases ... :rolleyes:

pn03_1.jpg

God I miss p.n.03

fun game!

Posted my workstation earlier on here. Figured I'd also update with my new rig:
1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

i7 [email protected], P8P67WS Revolution, EVGA GTX580, 8GB Gskill Ripjaw@1866, 160GB OCZ Revo x2 Quad RAID0 SSD, customized Ikonik dual radiator chassis, etc...

Hey guys been lurker for awhile and decided my workstation was ready. Sorry the second pic is blurry. Hope ya like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

@Airmattress: Love your Ham radio! I'm new to the hobby and am taking the license exam next week.

@Airmattress: Love your Ham radio! I'm new to the hobby and am taking the license exam next week.

Well its just my CB,Shortwave,and Scanner setup. Cool man there are really nice people you can talk to around the world. Heck you can even talk to the ISS if they are in range.

I love that ham shack of yours! I'm a CB radio operator-in-training and love all of the things you can do with it. Not to mention the fact about the ISS, as someone mentioned above. I remember reading about it on the news - a Texan man got in touch with the ISS and had a few minutes of opportunity to communicate with them. Interesting stuff.

I love that ham shack of yours! I'm a CB radio operator-in-training and love all of the things you can do with it. Not to mention the fact about the ISS, as someone mentioned above. I remember reading about it on the news - a Texan man got in touch with the ISS and had a few minutes of opportunity to communicate with them. Interesting stuff.

I live in the US and when the ISS takes a certain course over us you can have a chance at contacting them on a certain frequency. I don't know what it is but its not on CB frequencies.
Its probably the same way over the rest of Earth. :) The ISS uses the call sign NA1SS.

I finally have a workstation worth posting.

Computer:

....Asus P8P67-M PRO motherboard
....Intel Core i5 2500k cpu
....Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB)(CMX8GX3M2A1333C9)
....SilverStone SG03B-F case
....Antec TruePower New TP-650 power supply
....Nvidia GTX-285 video card #1
....Nvidia 8800GT video card #2
....Western Digital Black 1TB hard drive (WD1002FAEX)
....Antec KÜHLER H₂O 620 cpu cooler
....Artic Cooling F12 case fans
....Lite-ON LH-20A1S optical drive

Misc:

....Asus RT-N16 router
....Audio-Technica ATH-A500 headphones
....Razer Lachesis mouse
....NOIDpad "THE EVOLUTION" mousepad
....Saitek Eclipse keyboard
....BenQ G2400 24" LCD Monitor (on GTX-285)
....LG 47LD500 47" LCD TV (on GTX-285)
....Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD Monitor (on 8800GT)
....Mad Catz TE FightStick
....Logitech desk mic

All furniture from Ikea ಠ_ಠ

img01821100x825.jpg

img01831100x825.jpg

img01771100x825.jpg

img01781100x825.jpg

img01791100x825.jpg

img01801100x825.jpg

is that the WD-60638? I think I have that tv.

Also, radio time!
PC246116.jpg

PC246117.jpg

Spiko, Nice old clean receiver you got there. What is the make and did you build that antenna yourself? The tv is the same size but its a 60735. Mine might be a older model.

Spiko, Nice old clean receiver you got there. What is the make and did you build that antenna yourself? The tv is the same size but its a 60735. Mine might be a older model.

That's actually my dads gear. That radio was at one time the pinnacle of military communications. It says hammarlund model sp-600 on the front. Other than that I don't really know anything about it. And yeah, he built that antenna. He picks up radio from all over the world with that thing. It's kinda neat.

@ C4PPY, man I had a set of those Creative F4TAILITY MKII's until my daucshund got a hold of them. High quality cans for the price.

Apologies for the semi out of focus images. I need to have some maintenance done on my D50.

IKEA desk, don't remember the name.
DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

Some pano
panohalfsize.jpg

Apologies for the semi out of focus images. I need to have some maintenance done on my D50.
IKEA desk, don't remember the name.

What Razer Headphones are those? Do you like them?

I have one of the older sets, the Baracuda's or something, they are 5.1 with Stereo jacks for Front, Rear, Center/Sub as well as for the Mic and USB for power. I broke them, purchased some Medusa's, ended up fixing my Razers because nothing sounded as good, fit as nice, or was my Razers. SO this is why I am asking, I was wondering if those were the 7.1's they have now and if they were USB or stereo jack headphones and how well they performed for you.

What Razer Headphones are those? Do you like them?

I have one of the older sets, the Baracuda's or something, they are 5.1 with Stereo jacks for Front, Rear, Center/Sub as well as for the Mic and USB for power. I broke them, purchased some Medusa's, ended up fixing my Razers because nothing sounded as good, fit as nice, or was my Razers. SO this is why I am asking, I was wondering if those were the 7.1's they have now and if they were USB or stereo jack headphones and how well they performed for you.

They are the Razer Carcharias http://store.razerzone.com/store/ra...parentCategoryID.35096300/categoryId.35209700

They are only Stereo, but they sound good. I only bought them because i couldn't find another set of Creative F4tality Mk II's. Which were my favorite sound headphones ever and it was because of the seal that they made around your ears.

But about the Razer's I wouldn't buy them unless you have a large head on your shoulders. They are pretty wide, as well as the new Razer Megalodon's.

Here's a shot of the workplace (finally gave us dual monitors)...

And a small upgrade at home...

wp000189medium.jpg

holy... that's a SMALL upgrade? I hate to see what your real upgrades are...

work is nice to you. what do you do if you don't mind me asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back