Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some photos of my room from way back. More like about a year ago, a lot of things have changed since then like hardwood flooring and the PC. Will update with new ones when I have time

I love your green walls!

^Thanks lol. I did it on a whim and it turned out a lot nicer than it potentially could've. Imagine if it didn't lol, staring day and night at a slime green wall. Thank God it worked with the lighting and the furniture I had in the room.

Yeah...I should really learn to make sure I know what's in my photos before I take them ha :eek:

Yeah...I should really learn to make sure I know what's in my photos before I take them ha :eek:

I don't mean that as a jab. They look very comfy :p

Besides, FPS gaming wearing fuzzy animal slippers is humorous :p

What is that case btw? Some sort of water cooling setup?

Hahaha I know, just saying though =p. Seen plenty of photos that people post up with embarassing and usually unintended inclusions of things such as "shemale pictures" loooool. And hell yeah, nothing like an online rager who watches foodnetwork and wears fuzzy snoopy slippers hahahaha. My case or someone else's? The one that's in my photos were a Storm Scout that I ended up selling to a friend. Completely air-cooled, but the cooling potential on that thing wasn't really sufficient

Not much change, just got the blackwidow kb.

16496280.jpg

30538825.jpg

Oh and i love double dash.

Desk was also moved slightly to the left away from the window.

I remember all of the cooler setups.

Hahaha I know, just saying though =p. Seen plenty of photos that people post up with embarassing and usually unintended inclusions of things such as "shemale pictures" loooool. And hell yeah, nothing like an online rager who watches foodnetwork and wears fuzzy snoopy slippers hahahaha. My case or someone else's? The one that's in my photos were a Storm Scout that I ended up selling to a friend. Completely air-cooled, but the cooling potential on that thing wasn't really sufficient

I was talking about yours. Couldn't tell much about it from the pics, but I liked the LCD panel with the temp and stuff. I guessed (incorrectly so, apparently) that it had something to do with water cooling.

I have a desktop!

If there is a desktop thread please direct me to it, as searching for desktop thread led me here.

Zarathustra[H];1036808773 said:
I was talking about yours. Couldn't tell much about it from the pics, but I liked the LCD panel with the temp and stuff. I guessed (incorrectly so, apparently) that it had something to do with water cooling.

Lol, it's a NZXT Sentry 2? I'd advise nobody to get it. Terrible fan controller because it doesn't even provide enough wattage / channel to power the most common of fans. Fails to power fans like the Cooler Master R4, Antec Tricools & Scythe Kaze 3000rpm

Finally got my 2011 setup done - was waiting on the case and SB parts to finish everything out. Specs in sig.

ft02red3.jpg

Damn that's sexy for a case...I just got a RV02, but if I had known of this, I would have spent the extra $$ to get it. I use my case in the exactly the same manner, up on top of my desk...

Anyway, where can one get those cable tie-downs that screw into the mobo with the flat strips to hold the cables? I've never seen that type of cable management...do you need to use special screws to ensure they don't contact the back of the mobo?

Can one still buy this SE case? I don't see it on the SilverStone site.

These "Post your workstations" threads have been very inspiring!

After years of lurking, I've decided to post mine as well, so here it is (done with HDR):

merge22s.jpg

merge32s.jpg

merge71s.jpg

I like the little touchscreen/digital photo frame size thing you have going on down there. Seems like it'd be perfect for a little media screen. Foobar2k looks to fit nicely.

I wish I could get a picture of my setup but my camera wont turn on. I've tried everything and it still wont work. :(

Lol, it's a NZXT Sentry 2? I'd advise nobody to get it. Terrible fan controller because it doesn't even provide enough wattage / channel to power the most common of fans. Fails to power fans like the Cooler Master R4, Antec Tricools & Scythe Kaze 3000rpm

I personally love mine. I have 5 Noctua P15's and it runs them with no problems at all.

I am debating replacing it with the newer version which attaches to a PCI slot on the back of your case and has an external LCD touchscreen you can place within 6 feet of your computer

litezen which component stand is that? i want to get one :). so it matches my other stuff :D

FinalAura: What monitors are those?

Awesome looking setup also!

@nick
Thanks man! The monitors are 20" NEC 20wmgx2's. IPS, Glossy, great monitors.

@wuzzy
I really like the swans speakers. However, they dont produce a lot of bass so you may be disappointed in that. The base is still there, its just not really deep. Still packs a punch though, and its good enough for me. The sq is great nonetheless.

20110205190719966.jpg

By bigdaveberg at 2011-02-06
My system. Crappy shot, but i will get a better one soon.
20110205190736436.jpg

By bigdaveberg at 2011-02-06
My brothers system. We share a bench, just so when we game we do not have to yell down the hallway
For the record that is an aver case but not acer parts. My brothers old compaq died and I replaced it with new kobo CPU and a acer case because th 9600gt was too heavy for the other case, the card would fall, crappy retention piece.
Plus we were on a limited budget, and the case was lying around the shop.

Last edited:
This is my little corner:

B2s47.jpg

Turned my "den" into a nursery for my son. Not much to look at, offers just enough room to be productive... it'll do till we get a bigger place.

This is my little corner:

Turned my "den" into a nursery for my son. Not much to look at, offers just enough room to be productive... it'll do till we get a bigger place.

At least you've got the right idea. Kids always come first. :)

@nick
Thanks man! The monitors are 20" NEC 20wmgx2's. IPS, Glossy, great monitors.

@wuzzy
I really like the swans speakers. However, they dont produce a lot of bass so you may be disappointed in that. The base is still there, its just not really deep. Still packs a punch though, and its good enough for me. The sq is great nonetheless.

I see. I was really considering to get them given that they've gotten good reviews and they look pretty slick. The bass isn't too big a factor for me, so long as it's still there though I personally prefer less bass. I've got a pair of Audioengine A5s (my store sells them so I got them quite a far bit cheaper ^.^) and they don't have much bass to them either but they look sweet :D

^^ Your desk in your bathroom?

It's my bedroom, the picture are taken standing on the bed! For some reason someone installed a sink in the room ... although it's useful because I live in a big house with a few other people so it's good to be able to brush teeth etc. without clogging up the main bathroom :cool:

Damn that's sexy for a case...I just got a RV02, but if I had known of this, I would have spent the extra $$ to get it. I use my case in the exactly the same manner, up on top of my desk...

Anyway, where can one get those cable tie-downs that screw into the mobo with the flat strips to hold the cables? I've never seen that type of cable management...do you need to use special screws to ensure they don't contact the back of the mobo?

Can one still buy this SE case? I don't see it on the SilverStone site.

Thanks - the Limited Edition case isn't generally available for purchase anymore. I think only about 1000 of them were made and only a portion of that # was sold in North America. You'd have to scour ebay and the various forums to find a used one if you want one.

The cable clamps are just the run of the mill type you can find at Home Depot or Lowe's. I first picked up a few at www.svc.com but they have a very limited selection of sizes (small and super small). Your local hardware store will have them in bags of 10 or 20 in various sizes and they'll run you about $0.10 (or less) each. No special screws are needed as they'll barely protrude to the mobo side so there's very little to zero chance that they could ever short out your mobo.

Hope that helps.

It's my bedroom, the picture are taken standing on the bed! For some reason someone installed a sink in the room ... although it's useful because I live in a big house with a few other people so it's good to be able to brush teeth etc. without clogging up the main bathroom :cool:

LOL, ohh, I am bored. Lets install a sink in the middle of the room. Hmm.. :confused:

looks like different model cards too, could only see it working if it were on hydra or if its just for folding where sli is not a factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back