1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:
That's still awesome! How is the temp in that , ahem...room?

Still rocking this one but planning couple new builds (three monitors for LAN parties big monitor for my office)
dscf0232g.jpg

dsc02332gg.jpg

Current internals
dscf0273i.jpg

20100929180910.jpg

dscf0274d.jpg

Probably better off using the "Post Your Rigs" thread instead DarthBeavis

Thanks all! Got plans for some kewl builds for 2011 (have five Geforce 580s sitting here in boxes)

Thanks all! Got plans for some kewl builds for 2011 (have five Geforce 580s sitting here in boxes)

Wow, you have an AWESOME rig! And, you must have some serious cash to plop down if you have all those nice, expensive parts laying around :D

You might wanna resize your pics bud

you can do it if you want bud, but i'm not going to since a good majority of the pictures placed in the "Post your Workstations" threads are large sizes......maybe you just need to use a bit bigger window? (Proof is 2 posts below yours....)

Make em bigger so I can see the individual dust particles all over your setup.

You might wanna resize your pics bud

I still can't believe people are complaining about picture size on post your workstation threads. I would still find it hard to believe that people in this day and age are going to be browsing this thread or even this forum using dial up for picture size to be of concern.

you can do it if you want bud, but i'm not going to since a good majority of the pictures placed in the "Post your Workstations" threads are large sizes......maybe you just need to use a bit bigger window? (Proof is 2 posts below yours....)

I'm looking at this thread at 1920, you're running your pics at 2560.. I can fully view the post 2 down from mine, I can't with yours.

if it bothers you that much resize em for me and ill gladly change the links

Nickbaldwin86, nice mods. I like your use of the Overkill fan grill inside your rig.

Pussies re-size their pictures...

Not much has changed since the last time I posted my setup, but I thought I'd post anyway. I've only changed the place of my laptop and bought some new keyboards.

Datanurkka5.jpg

Datanurkka6.jpg

Datanurkka7.jpg

fuck yeah..shit already on page 6..fuck! i might be changing mine again soon..until then..

IMG_1792.jpg

Nickbaldwin86, nice mods. I like your use of the Overkill fan grill inside your rig.

Thanks

I had a few other ideas but that is what I came up with because the other idea didn't work out, to tight and that is a HUGE grill :D
wanted to put it on the rear fan.

I would love to get a 140mm OverKill grill so I don't have to use that adapter, but they just don't make them:eek:

Hi, from Latvia :)

Room_panorama_web.jpg

I think in this year I will make many updates, and will see, how my room will look in 2012 :D

P.S Sorry, if my english sucks.. :D

Last edited:
To anyone who does or has owned an expensive office chair, what do you have, and do you like it, and do you think these kinds of chairs are really worth the money?

I saw companies like Steelcase and Herman Miller and I'm in need of a new chair, can't decide what to get. I'm willing to spend something like $500 if it's truly worth it, what do you guys think?

My newest addition to the “Workstation” – the Windows Home Server
  • Thermaltake BACH HTPC Case
  • Asus P5B Motherboard
  • Intel Q9450 2.4Ghz OC’d to 3.0Ghz
  • Zalman CPU Cooler
  • OCZ Platinum PC2 8500 4GB DDR2 RAM
  • BFG 7950 GT OC 256MB GPU w/Zalman Aftermarket Cooler
  • 3.33TB HDD Space installed internally
  • 8TB External – soon to be expanded to 15TB
  • 6GB eSATA PCI-e add-in Card
  • SIG II PCI-e Internal SATA add-in Card
  • Razer Tarantula Keyboard w/Battle Light
  • Gateway 21” WS Monitor
094e.jpg

095nc.jpg

096do.jpg

105js.jpg

115jab.jpg

To anyone who does or has owned an expensive office chair, what do you have, and do you like it, and do you think these kinds of chairs are really worth the money?

I saw companies like Steelcase and Herman Miller and I'm in need of a new chair, can't decide what to get. I'm willing to spend something like $500 if it's truly worth it, what do you guys think?

$500 may buy you some casters for a Herman Miller chair - price them and you will understand why they are one of the best office chairs out there. The ones I have priced are $3-4k, not sure about the Steelcase one though.

I work about 10+ hours a day and 6-7 days a week in my chair I got at Office Depot. Paid like $350 for it and it was great for about a year until the padding got beaten down in the seat portion. I would suggest going to Office Depot or Office Max and trying theirs out - for the money, those are going to be the best options IMO - for what its worth...... Good luck

I would recommend the Aeron chair, you can get them for around $650 base price, but to be honest I don't have any experience with a base Aeron chair. I think the configuration I have at work is around $900-$1000. Is it worth it? That depends, if you really have $500+ to spend, I would say yes. At home I have a fairly generic ~$200 chair from Office Max and it is noticeably less comfortable than my Aeron at work, especially when I'm in it for more then a few hours at a time.

http://www.smartfurniture.com/products/Aeron-Chair.html?att=77&cid=527

I've used a steelcase leap extensively in my previous office, while they are very conservative looking, they are the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on. If I could afford one, I'd get it.

Whatever chair you do decide to get in the elite Steelcase/Knoll/Herman Miller set, ensure that the chair you pick works out for you. I know the steelcase for example comes in a variety of sizes to accommodate different heights.

I personally like the Mirra chair, but I've never sat on one, so I cant judge their comfort. The new Embody is a very impressive chair too o_O

I've used a steelcase leap extensively in my previous office, while they are very conservative looking, they are the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on. If I could afford one, I'd get it.

Whatever chair you do decide to get in the elite Steelcase/Knoll/Herman Miller set, ensure that the chair you pick works out for you. I know the steelcase for example comes in a variety of sizes to accommodate different heights.

I personally like the Mirra chair, but I've never sat on one, so I cant judge their comfort. The new Embody is a very impressive chair too o_O

Good advice, the Aeron also comes in different sizes (3 i believe). The Mirra is a very nice chair, the interior designers in my office have them and speak highly of them.

Herman Miller Aeron in True Black from sit4less.com

img6158j.jpg

I replaced my office depot chair with this and could not be happier.

zackwatt, is your middle monitor wall mounted? how have you made it look like there is no stand for it?

$500 may buy you some casters for a Herman Miller chair - price them and you will understand why they are one of the best office chairs out there. The ones I have priced are $3-4k, not sure about the Steelcase one though.

I work about 10+ hours a day and 6-7 days a week in my chair I got at Office Depot. Paid like $350 for it and it was great for about a year until the padding got beaten down in the seat portion. I would suggest going to Office Depot or Office Max and trying theirs out - for the money, those are going to be the best options IMO - for what its worth...... Good luck

I concur.

If you work a lot sitting at a desk in front of a computer, a great chair is simply the BEST money you can spend. In additional, if you have a nagging bad back from years of golf like I do, it's a no-brainer.

I first looked at the Aeron chair based entirely on its reputation - until I actually sat on it. I couldn't understand why that chair is even worth $500. Then I sat in an HM Embody chair, which set me back about $1400 but had the great added bonus of coming in ORANGE (fav color). It is night and day different (better) than the Aeron (for me) and is worth every penny. In the 8-9 months I've used it, I'd not had a single day of soreness in my back - and I do spend probably about 10 hours on the chair 6-7 days a week.

I was planning on updating my workstation for 2011 in this thread once I get receive my Red FT02 and eventual Sandy Bridge parts later this month. Embody photos will be included as I consider it to be a vital part of my work area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back