Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be interested in seeing what you guys have 'covering' your walls. (Posters, art prints etc)

At the begining on '11 , working on a new desk/cleaner setup....this is during some work...
You realize your photos are about 9mbs a pop and are about 3-4 times larger then everyone else's. also you, yourself do not even have a monitor that supports that resolution. And i doubt people want to see your dirty dishes and multiple deodorant sticks. its rather gross.

The1stCAV you have a very nice set up.

6884a34c.jpg

Here is the new system on a temporary station for like another 2 weeks or so
2011-01-03_21-38-42_19.jpg

2011-01-03_21-39-05_83.jpg

2011-01-03_21-39-54_17.jpg

Last edited:
Heres my home away from home so-to-say. My desktop is at school yet. Ill post pics of that when i get there.

dscn0236z.jpg

$500 may buy you some casters for a Herman Miller chair - price them and you will understand why they are one of the best office chairs out there. The ones I have priced are $3-4k, not sure about the Steelcase one though.

I work about 10+ hours a day and 6-7 days a week in my chair I got at Office Depot. Paid like $350 for it and it was great for about a year until the padding got beaten down in the seat portion. I would suggest going to Office Depot or Office Max and trying theirs out - for the money, those are going to be the best options IMO - for what its worth...... Good luck

I dunno man...I had a chance to sit for a while in a Herman Miller while staying at a Hilton for my honeymoon back in July (there was an Aeron sitting at the desk in our suite.) Yeah, it was comfortable, but I honestly don't see it being worth $500...and this coming from a guy with chronic hip and lower back pain.

Thanks all! Got plans for some kewl builds for 2011 (have five Geforce 580s sitting here in boxes)

Awesome builds, lol @ eyefinity + that tower at a LAN.
I still can't believe people are complaining about picture size on post your workstation threads. I would still find it hard to believe that people in this day and age are going to be browsing this thread or even this forum using dial up for picture size to be of concern.

I look through this thread often using my smartphone, no complaints. Bring on the large photos.

Is that desk made to hold 3x2 monitors?

Yah, its made to hold atleast one. When i bought it 3 years ago, it came with a mounting bracket that you put between the 2 horizontal bars. So i dont know about a 3x2 setup, but it definitely could do 3. Im sure with alittle handy work it would be possible.

DSC00549.jpg

my other workstation, i move around alot...not as comfortable with awesome chair, but it gets the job done

Oh the bliss! Look at those tidy cables!!!
Ahh yes, very tedious job to keep them tidy for that rack, it was a nightmare when I added the HTPC to the rack and had to move everything else up/down. Cable management is a thing for me, I try to keep them all cleaned up and out of the way - ty for noticing :D

TY - there are days I walk into my office and I just sit there and look around saying "Wow, I really did put this all together and it is my office" - then the bug hits and I start daydreaming on how much more I could do to it and then the cycle begins again........

my other workstation, i move around alot...not as comfortable with awesome chair, but it gets the job done
As my forum name implies - been there done that, I got my "Cav Sandwich" in 90-91, but man oh man, I DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS. Best wishes, stay safe, you'll be home soon enough to begin building a more stable workstation. Nice camo theme you got going there though :D

Last edited:
Took 6 pages, but firearm-peen syndrome is back for 2011!

i would have put it on the first page, but i spent new years in new york city and forgot to check out hard forum..I'm just showing off my toys....

p.s. there is also a glock on that table. :)

lol, I will have to admit to that as well!
+1 - yep breezed right past it thinking "ninja swords" - had to go back and find the OP to see wtf everyone was talking about - OMG it was not swords - wow, deceptive angle/view for sure........

You realize your photos are about 9mbs a pop and are about 3-4 times larger then everyone else's. also you, yourself do not even have a monitor that supports that resolution. And i doubt people want to see your dirty dishes and multiple deodorant sticks. its rather gross.

and here i was thinking the bitching about it was done 2 pages ago (40 posts for me, probably 4 pages for most people)

Nice vintage receiver! Pioneer?

It's a Sony. I've had it for about 10 years and it was probably 20 years old when I got it. Hand me down from my pop. Been meaning to replace it just never seem to get around to it. ;)

I just realized my rig is now a year old and no longer cool.
Feels bad man :mad:

I just realized my rig is now a year old and no longer cool.
Feels bad man :mad:

Your rig is absolutely cool. Corsair cases are classy by themselves, but sitting next to that table with the wooden base for your monitors is just snazzy.

And the window adds a +1 to the coolness factor. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back