Post your Workstation Pics

Originally posted by jwill
your spam is amazing. yearly average around 13 posts per day and most ive seen are pointless and un educational.

so, kinda like this post, and your post then? :p ;)

your spam is amazing. yearly average around 13 posts per day and most ive seen are pointless and un educational.

Dude, nobody said that every single post a person makes has to be a well thought through problem solving reponse. A forum is meant for interacting with others.....and that's just what I'm doing. I happen to have built up a nice little repuation for myself and BECAUSE of the level of personal interaction I do around here I've made a few friends at the same time. Although I REALLY do not appreciate the way you're talking to me here and referring to my posts, I'm just gonna brush it off.....'cus it isnt' worth fighting over. If you think most of my posts are pointless and uneducational then that's fine with me.....but there're MANY more people who'd say otherwise.

If you don't like that I'm using the forums for what they're for then I don't know what to tell ya. ;) :p

awwww isint that cute, he thinks im a good observer LOL, my english teacher would say otherwise right now.....
(btw guys, im just having fun here) no need to flame me ;)

wow these guys have like over 1000 posts and there acting imature.

you guys have been here for a while so lets act mature ok.

Originally posted by DRJ1014
wow these guys have like over 1000 posts and there acting imature.

you guys have been here for a while so lets act mature ok.
Not everone here has turned 13 yet like you, you know! ;)

In all seriousness, we all goof off at times, its not a matter of immaturity. It's a matter of... sometimes alcohol, sometimes relieving stress or whatever. Maybe for some people it could be weed too, I don't know. Actually all but the stress could kinda be looked at as immature, cuz who else gets drunk or high. Goodness you vagrants!

stress is my reason, my days suck, as im sure alot of yours do, having bein stuck with another year of highschool, due to a unknown medical condition 2 years ago seriously pissed me off, and as you said, we can act immature due to any number of reasons, for me, a sensos of stress, and being tired with SSDD for the last 2 years.
i could list all my reason, but, compairing stress reasons is hardly mature, just another pissing contest ;)

I don't think it has ANYthing to do with being immature at all.....some of us around here just don't get along too well. ;) It's human nature to disagree with one another and find faults in things people say/do.....so why should it be any different here?

I dont think I really have a reason for action the way I do sometimes.....it's mostly just OTHER people being arragent that "push me over the edge" sometimes. I know I shouldn't let stuff like that get to me but whatever.

and to DRJ1014, dude.....what does post count have anything to do with how someone behaves??? There have been people with under 100 posts that have taught me quite a bit even at the point I am now.....but at the same time there are people with over 5,000 that shouldn't be aloud to speak. ;)

If you wanna talk about post count though, you're at like 892.....what seperates you from someone with 1,000 then??? :p

Sry, I know you probly didn't mean much by the post count thing, but I'm just making sure that you're aware that it means jack squat. Some people (like myself) that HAVE been around for awhile and actually help ppl can be recognized by a higher post count.....but thats not ALL that matters.

It's kinda like judging a book by it's cover if you base your opinion of someone on how many posts they have.

Seriously though people, let's get off this topic.....I'd have to go have a nice long cry if we ended up getting this 100+ page legacy thread killed off. Let's do our best to be on our best behaviour.....and remember, PM someone if you wanna talk about something irrelevent to the thread.

K, I'm done. :cool:

STFU about the HTPC already. No one cares either way. It would be a shame to get a 150 page thread locked, aye?

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Seriously though people, let's get off this topic.....I'd have to go have a nice long cry if we ended up getting this 100+ page legacy thread killed off. Let's do our best to be on our best behaviour.....and remember, PM someone if you wanna talk about something irrelevent to the thread.

Agreed. I love seeing how other people set up their workstations. It really helps me decide how to design my own.

CONTRIBUTION!
Picture%203684.jpg
Picture%203678r.JPG
Picture%203679.jpg

My digital camera can't really pick up the difference between light and dark very well. :(

Also, although my card is a 9600 Pro, I still had to stick something on the side of the case.

Picture%20029.jpg

Thank Newegg for the depravity. :D

I love to look at other peoples setups as well.

Spymac has a huge collection of them, as does cubeowner.com. Then of course there is Neowin and some others. Just do a google on "show your workstation" or something like that.

Cornelius, just noticed you are from Saskatchewan. I live in Moose Jaw. Just thought I would say hello. The Fifty Cent concert last week was pretty awesome in your town.

Grandmaster Freeze
Nice Chair! Makes me wanna get Spacro seats in my room.
I like how everything matches, even that clock. :D

Cornelious0_0. All these post yet i haven't seen a picture from you. Where are they?

crappy pictures (took them with my cell phone) but here's my setup.

that thing on the right holds my cases, printer, etc. that old ass broken reciever you see will soon be modded into a computer.
desk1.jpg

three 19" LCD's.
Two hooked up to the main comp, and the third is hooked up to my second comp.
desk2.jpg

Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
How do you do dual monitors?? I want to do same with my 19"lcd
if your video card has dual vga/dvi out plug in the extra monitor. then enable it in your display settings to extend your desktop onto that monitor, easy as that. you can get an extra vga/dvi out with a pci video card along with an agp for a third monitor. but you should have known that already DeViLdUdE i would think.

serious nice setup ewarz. :cool:

if your video card has dual vga/dvi out plug in the extra monitor. then enable it in your display settings to extend your desktop onto that monitor, easy as that. you can get an extra vga/dvi out with a pci video card along with an agp for a third monitor. but you should have known that already DeViLdUdE i would think.

Does it lag on the third monitor if you use an old graphics card (like a R9000 and a R9800XT)?

damn...dual lian-li's and triple lcds. I was thinking you were gonna take pics with your 5 mega-pixel digital camera..lol
That's my dream setup though, I'm jealous as hell

Originally posted by cyberphox
damn...dual lian-li's and triple lcds. I was thinking you were gonna take pics with your 5 mega-pixel digital camera..lol
That's my dream setup though, I'm jealous as hell

ROFL!! My next purchase is gonna be a camera for sure. Thanks for all the compliments guys :)

Ok thx for the info
Can my vid card do that??
Because you said it must have dual vga / dvi but the xt comes with one vga and a dvi. I know these are stupid questions but I'm curoius and planning on dual.

yes your video card can have TWO monitors. on your video card is the regular out put then there is one that is for an lcd monitor. you get the adaptor and plug it in to the lcd output and then hook up your second monitor. you will then have to download some software. also when playing a game you will have to disable the second monitor

Originally posted by ewarz
crappy pictures (took them with my cell phone) but here's my setup.

What type of cell phone do you have?! those are some damn nice pics coming off of a cell phone! My SE T616 takes the crappiest pics, but i never expected to be able to use it as a real camera :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SB22
What type of cell phone do you have?! those are some damn nice pics coming off of a cell phone! My SE T616 takes the crappiest pics, but i never expected to be able to use it as a real camera :rolleyes:

its a sanyo SCP-5300. it comes in handy once in a while, but i seen other cell phones do better than mine.

Originally posted by hardwired
ewarz i really like your jerker storage unit.

your monitors are nice also.

thanks man. i was thinking of buying the matching jerker desk to go with it. they are pretty affordable and look nice.

thanks man. i was thinking of buying the matching jerker desk to go with it. they are pretty affordable and look nice.

I have the same kind of thing with the jerker.

Its a nice comfotable setup that you can relax and be comfortable in.

I have the poang chair from ikea as well to sit in.

heres a pic. it has changed alot since this was taken. no more rackmount. I have a couple smaller computers ...a HP evectra and a cappucino mini book pc running now as well.

anyways

http://members.shaw.ca/mzaz/gfhfgh.jpg

Originally posted by Grandmaster Freeze
rechenzentrum.jpg

updated.
Everytime I see a picture of that chair I laugh my ass off. I love that chair. :D

PS: Any chance of you loading up a "hi-res" picture? :D

theyre super-value! i have the long-type one (the 63" with the legs underneath) and i bolted my storage unit to it. i will show you when i get home.

The screen is fine...must be your eyes hah!

nah it is spliced together from 9 images.

7 of the 9 liked each other those 2 didnt play friendly.

Originally posted by zaz
The screen is fine...must be your eyes hah!

nah it is spliced together from 9 images.

7 of the 9 liked each other those 2 didnt play friendly.

Heh, very creative indeed. ;)

Grandmaster Freeze, now that I'm actually posting in this thread again I'm starting to reaslise how ridiculously oversized that pic of yours is. The page loaded up and I couldn't even see hafl of the box to start typing.....just a LITTLE irritating, especially when the submit button is way the hell off to the right and I have to move the entire screen over just to click on the darn thing. ;)

No hard feelings.

Whoa! Nice LCDs, jacuzz1. Why don't you just get a KVM switch, so you can use a single set of periphery for everything?

but I cant get a definitive answer on usb as it relates to the wireless keyboard and besides I will be going dual head most of the time. I hooked up the linux box for effect "Ying and Yang" I use the linux only occasionaly when i get bored or my main rig is down for upgrades.

Honestly I only need one screen (black one) I told the wife I was selling the silver. Of course not to many people have the steam to buy one so if i am lucky the silver remains ;)

PS: Digital Crack..............Addiction to all things digital

Typicaly I would run vga off the linux box to the single screen and dvi off my main rig. The 213T has one touch source selection and even autodetects source if only one is alive.

jacuzz1, those are two sick screens you've got there. We used to have a 213T at work and it was amazing. I might find it hard to justify picking two of those puppies up in MY situation.....but props to you for showing us what a dually setup should REALLY look like. ;) :cool:

Back