Post your Workstation Pics

workstations1.jpg

after_dark.jpg

more pics available in the stickied case gallery

Newdesk.jpg

New corner setup....its still in the works right now, have soem stuff i havent ran..but this is the during pic....after pictures are coming up soon =)

And no making fun of the USB DSL modem...hehe it was a temp thing till my new switch and my new DSL modem got here.

Originally posted by beachbum
I just see a computer.......not a workstation but who cares.....

i needed some time to clean up ;)

before (older pic - wasn't THAT anymore chaotic but ...) :

zimmer.jpg

after :

room-1.jpg

room-2.jpg

room-3.jpg

room-4.jpg

ill be getting a new comp soon, and ill be quieting my current one(changing psu and cpu fans to quiet ones, as it will only be folding and hosting for me,nothing to stressful) and use it as a surver

post-12-1081035515.jpg

Nice clean looking desk there dude but what's with the speakers??? No room to even put the rears on the floor or something? Cus it WILL sound better. :cool: I've finally got mine behind me, setup properly (for a last couple months actually) and I couldnt believe how much better it all sounded.

Kudos on the setup though, and making me want dual-display again. :p

Originally posted by hardwired
computar.jpg

duals_sm.jpg

wow! that monitor setup is very similar to mine. I have two dell crts, one 17" white and one 19" black.

edit: same mousepad and router too ;)

Originally posted by Rakinos
wow! that monitor setup is very similar to mine. I have two dell crts, one 17" white and one 19" black.

white one is a 19" NEC and the black one is a 22" NEC (which TOTALLY makes me lust after another).

my mousepad is worn to hell, actually. i gotta replace it soon. i've had this thing for years and you can totally tell. thats not actually main router. thats just for the Wi-Fi. i usually keep it off. my stuff is actually routed through the 3com 24port below it.

switchy.jpg
note the cat6's.

No room to even put the rears on the floor or something? Cus it WILL sound better.

to be honest, it doesnt much matter to me cos i only listen to mp3s on my computer anyway. that, or i play it on my headphones (which are much better anyway) the home theatre is another affair which i have yet to touch on and will definitely be located in a different area of my apartment.

edit: my main rig doesnt really have much in the way of mass storage, so i have to take it outside:

who-is-your-daddy.jpg

edit2: rest of the rig
rh-vinyl.jpg

edit3: insides
insides.jpg

no watercooling inside right now. my parts are waiting for the CM Stacker.

do you keep the sides off your case, or do those fans just stir up the air in there to get rid of dead spots?

do you keep the sides off your case, or do those fans just stir up the air in there to get rid of dead spots?
yes i keep them on. the fans blow air over my XT's memory heatsinks and the IC7 nb.

im permanently installing them into the side with the aqua computer fangrilles soon. cutting one into the top, too (a panaflow 120mm H)

Cool because I have that same NEC CRT and the same speakers as the ones in the picture.

to be honest, it doesnt much matter to me cos i only listen to mp3s on my computer anyway. that, or i play it on my headphones (which are much better anyway) the home theatre is another affair which i have yet to touch on and will definitely be located in a different area of my apartment.

Well to be perfectly honest, it DOES make a huge difference for MP3's.....sounds WAY better IMO. And aside from that, what headphones have you got that you'd rather listen to them then the Z-560's??? I love my 560's.....no headphones for me, not if I dont HAVE to.

I kinda like the ghetto fan setup in the CM though.....but I'd make a gander that those hard drives are still getting a little warm. ;)

I wouldn't be getting excited about any Logitech speakers. They're ok, but not that great.

Originally posted by emorphien
I wouldn't be getting excited about any Logitech speakers. They're ok, but not that great.

I'm not going to go any farther with this than this one last post but..........compared to what??? Home theatre shit? that's hardly fair. The only way you're gonna beat the overall quality of the Z-560/Z-680's is with the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultras.....which are just a TAD more expensive. I don't think you're giving Logitech enough credit here, they're second only to a company who DOES home theatre for "a living" and charges like they do.....I'd say that Logitech's doin' pretty good when you look at it that way, considering they're just over half the cost of the Klipsch. ;)

Alright, I'm done.....sry guys.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
what headphones have you got that you'd rather listen to them then the Z-560's???

the Sony MDR-V700DJ's sitting on top of the Wacom tablet.
Here's the high-res shot:
http://d552468.u33.infinology.net/images/misc/duals.jpg
they do sound dramatically better. i still love my 560's tho. they're all i will ever need.

logitech's stuff is made by labtec, btw. they bought labtec a few years back. labtec makes good cheap sound gear, thus the good cheap logitech speakers.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
I kinda like the ghetto fan setup in the CM though.....but I'd make a gander that those hard drives are still getting a little warm. ;)

...cos they're WD Raptors? yeah those tend to run warm anyway.
well, the two fans taking in air from the front seem to be keeping things reasonable. they at least move heat to under those two 120mm deltas (the 78CFM model, not any loud crap. i love them), which sort it out a bit better. there is one massive dead spot in the case, though, and that is right on top. i'm cutting a 120mm Panaflo into it with that aqua-computer grille, which should fix things. i'm also putting the drives into vantec vortexes and pulling the cages. the two deltas are getting cut into the side.

Originally posted by compslckr
i have the 22" nec monitor and i love it
1920x1440 resolution all the way

i rock the 2048x 1536 on this. some ppl dont like the 2048, but i'm used to it and, hell, i want my money's worth from this piece.

i rock the 2048x 1536 on this. some ppl dont like the 2048, but i'm used to it and, hell, i want my money's worth from this piece.

yeah, 2048x1536 is just too high for me.

mine was $150 how much was yours?

this is my little corner of the woods
desk1.jpg

may or may not be an alias fan...
desk2.jpg

got a really good deal on the tablet, but now i need to learn how to use it
desk3.jpg

the switch is for occasions when there are computers visiting
desk4.jpg

samsung 173t lcds before anyone asks, they're good and getting cheaper
desk5.jpg

Originally posted by badrocket
that 22" NEC for 200?

you should be far more concerned with how price-negotiating genius Compslckr got his for $50 less than i.

i got mine off a friend who was moving back to the other side of the city and didnt want to move it. He used it for about a week before he got his dual 2100FPs. I had my car and a wad of cash and one thing led to another and its on my desk now.

To be honest, I would LOVE to know how compslckr managed to score a $650 screen for $500 less. I'm dying to hear this.

edit: SHENS.

VERY nice setup, spacey. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. :) Is that a Logitech Io in the 3rd picture, or just a regular pen?

Is that a case-skin on your system, hardwired? If so, it's very sleek.

Originally posted by lorcani
Is that a case-skin on your system, hardwired? If so, it's very sleek.

custom-cut vinyl.

i should get a case-skin made from one of my designs, actually, since my case has taken some LAN damage, but right now im in the process of rebuilding that system with some heavy mods. i'll repost when done. should be tommorow, likely.

spacey, what did you pay for the tablet? my 12x12 was $390 when i got it like 4 or 5 years ago. its huge i wish i'd bought the 9x12 :(

Originally posted by Velda
Day
DeskAbove.jpg

Night
DeskRed1.jpg

Only running the one computer and laptop due to power bill issues. The two Sun boxes above use that 21" Sun monitor, and the box on the bottom right next to the empty one uses a 15"LCD and.or the second input on the Sony.

About to start working on a new desk. Will be very nice. Il post picks when its done.

Whats up with all of the black clothes in the closet?

Back