• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated, slightly better pics and additions.

28292_396781638555_627468555_4000242_4521609_n.jpg

28292_396775923555_627468555_4000037_6631080_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
editor-2010.jpg


Don't have a recent pic of the cube, but it's still the same, just with an additional external on top, 2TB, 1TB, and 2x 500GB Western Digital My Books
cube-case.jpg
 
Still a bit of a mess, still in the process of tossing old shit out :D

Netbook on the left and my acer dtr creeping in on the right




 
2lsglu1.jpg



About to clean it up and I'll get an updated picture

Cleaned up.

2eocv37.jpg


In the process of about to paint as you can see on the side.


A couple things that are still on my list is:

Getting rid of these Logitech speakers.
Mounting the Samsung.
Maybe move some things around.
 
Cleaned up the wires a bit, and got the rest of the posters up. The monitors aren't that blown out,they just look like that in the pic. My Dell Mini 9 is sitting on the chair:

26133_383970205988_606640988_4323025_5422360_n.jpg


26133_383972520988_606640988_4323098_7543511_n.jpg


We also finally got our Cozy Sac! This pic was taken only 30 minutes after we broke the vacuum seal. Now that it has had time to fluff up, it's roughly twice as tall and about a foot longer than it is in this picture. That's the fiancee faceplanting on it.

30279_387309685988_606640988_4399347_3531979_n.jpg


It really ties the whole room together :D
 
Last edited:
lol @ cozy sac...

I have to admit...I want one now. Some extra seating in my dungeon...err... office would be nice. The pics on their site look awesome. Thanks...now I have more stuff to buy. Thanks a lot.
 
Cleaned up the wires a bit, and got the rest of the posters up. The monitors aren't that blown out,they just look like that in the pic. My Dell Mini 9 is sitting on the chair:



We also finally got our Cozy Sac! This pic was taken only 30 minutes after we broke the vacuum seal. Now that it has had time to fluff up, it's roughly twice as tall and about a foot longer than it is in this picture. That's the fiancee faceplanting on it.

30279_387309685988_606640988_4399347_3531979_n.jpg


It really ties the whole room together :D

Yawn! I'm feeling very tired looking at this pic of the cozy sac. But dang, I don't have one of these. Damn you for posting it!! Now I NEED one.
 
how did hte cozy sac get bigger? where did u buy it from? lol

It originally came in a vacuumed plastic thing...there was no air in it. Check it out :cool:

30279_387369930988_606640988_4400394_8139586_n.jpg


The INSTANT we sliced open that plastic bag, it started expanding. It was pretty cool:) This is the one we got, but for some weird reason it looks really small in most of the pictures on that site...as you can tell by looking at the picture that I posted of ours, it's pretty big:)
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It originally came in a vacuumed plastic thing...there was no air in it. Check it out :cool:

30279_387369930988_606640988_4400394_8139586_n.jpg


The INSTANT we sliced open that plastic bag, it started expanding. It was pretty cool:) This is the one we got, but for some weird reason it looks really small in most of the pictures on that site...as you can tell by looking at the picture that I posted of ours, it's pretty big:)

DAMN YOU, you should have videoed it, LOL :D. That would have been pretty cool to see.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
DAMN YOU, you should have videoed it, LOL :D. That would have been pretty cool to see.

lol, my fiancee and I both said that the instant it started growing. It happened FAST too; we couldn't even get the rest of the plastic off in time, it just grew out of it like a moth crawling out of a cocoon.
 
OK, almost there . . . I'm still waiting on that last "part" (which won't be here for another five weeks or so). So we'll do a shot in progress and a final update at the end of June when that last upgrade finally comes.

Here was the office in April 2010:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035545475&postcount=1073

Here is the office some six weeks later (can you spot the differences???):

officea.jpg


officeb.jpg


officec.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yenniedn,

What chair is that? And is it any good?

That chair is from Costco - one of their typical leather executive chairs. Sells for $179.99 and it's OK but there is very little adjustment so it's a pretty basic chair. Pretty adequate chair - especially for the price . . . but nothing special.

I'm not that heavy (about 145lbs) and the cushion in the seat seems to have already flattened out in the 3-4 months I've had it. It's being replaced by a Herman Miller Embody chair that I have on order . . . now that's a chair to write home about! Will post pics and thoughts once I get it.
 
That chair is from Costco - one of their typical leather executive chairs. Sells for $179.99 and it's OK but there is very little adjustment so it's a pretty basic chair. Pretty adequate chair - especially for the price . . . but nothing special.

I'm not that heavy (about 145lbs) and the cushion in the seat seems to have already flattened out in the 3-4 months I've had it. It's being replaced by a Herman Miller Embody chair that I have on order . . . now that's a chair to write home about! Will post pics and thoughts once I get it.

I'll look forward to that write up... where in the area did you try the embody chair? Looking to try that and Aeron chair in the south bay area.
 
I'll look forward to that write up... where in the area did you try the embody chair? Looking to try that and Aeron chair in the south bay area.

You can see and try almost the entire HM line at Pivot Interiors on Zanker. If you try the both the Aeron and Embody, it won't be a hard decision which one to get (outside of the cost of course).

tell me the last "part" is some kleenex to be put next to the aveeno

ZOMG - you're so spot on! The Kleenex is about 5 weeks out because it's a big investment and I finally saved up enough money for a box! It's going to be awesome; I can't wait! You can't imagine how amazing interwebs porn is on Eyefinity - I mean, it's like you're RIGHT THERE! But I can't truly take advantage of it right now because my Kleenex isn't here yet!!!
 
Last edited:
OK, almost there . . . I'm still waiting on that last "part" (which won't be here for another five weeks or so). So we'll do a shot in progress and a final update at the end of June when that last upgrade finally comes.

Here was the office in April 2010:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035545475&postcount=1073

Here is the office some six weeks later (can you spot the differences???):

[]http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ye/yenniedn/officea.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ye/yenniedn/officeb.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://imagehost.vendio.com/preview/ye/yenniedn/officec.jpg[/IMG]

Gorgeous desktop *sniff*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top