Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing compared to the jesus setups I see here.. but I tried... :(

HPIM1273.jpg

Same monitor, I love it.. and I also kept the sticker on :)

Might as well.

Pc230040.jpg

That is as clean as I care to make it.

No Nudity

Missing a stick of my ram. Used in testing old hardware. Stock cooler temporary.

Last edited by a moderator:
What monitors are those? My initial guess was the Dell 27" but then I noticed the one in the center is taller then the other two.

It looks to be the same monitor. notice the side ones are set in a bit. I think the angle of the shot makes it look bigger

Gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that ZeosPantera doesn't have a g/f ...

should have put the shelf's a lil higher so you could push ur screen under it.

I thought about putting them a little higher but I don push my monitor to the wall because the depth of the desk is deep, and I didn't want the lights to mess with my eyes when sitting at the desk.

I was thinking about adding some lights under my shelf also. What is the brand of LED lights. I assume they are wired and not the battery powered ones.

I have only been able to find the ones that you must either hard wire or the battery powered ones

I bought them at home depot they were 24$ (on sale) for a 3 pack, and then i had to buy 1 more additional, they are the AC power adapter ones that plug directly into the wall. I couldnt find them on home depots site but they were in the store.

What monitors are those? My initial guess was the Dell 27" but then I noticed the one in the center is taller then the other two.

You guessed right. They are all Dell 27", the center looks taller as the left and right monitors bezels are tucked behind to reduce the space between each other. So it kinda has a illusion that the center is bigger.

The more I look a pictures of the dell monitors the more I wish I would of spent the extra money to get Dells instead of the Asus's I bought instead.

The bezels on the dell, although not the thinnest. look solid and have nice crisp lines. My asus bezels have a cheaper plastic and are slightly warped, and when put together there is a 4" area at the top and bottom were the two meet that has a slight gap. Bug's the crap out of me. I tried setting the two side back a little, but that bugs me just as much. mostly because the monitor is so thick on the sides that it needs to be set back to far.

Can I have a little cheese with my whine.:(

I revel in my freedom.
At long last, someone else gets it!

My equation for eternal happiness: No wife/girlfriend + no kids + no pets = My time and money are MINE!! :D

Yeah, I'm a selfish bastidge... but at least I'm honest about it. ;)

Not that I really care...but I'm pretty sure the topless chick in the pic needs to be blurred out or something ;)

I don't really care either way - but that's just the most random place for a half-naked playing card ever. Just odd.

Gonna go out on a limb here and speculate that ZeosPantera doesn't have a g/f ...

My equation for eternal happiness: No wife/girlfriend + no kids + no pets = My time and money are MINE!! :D

Awesome! Say "Hi" to Rosey Palm for us!

I don't really care either way - but that's just the most random place for a half-naked playing card ever. Just odd.

Awesome! Say "Hi" to Rosey Palm for us!

Just because you don't have a girlfriend, doesn't mean you're dating Rosey Palms ;)

Philips MMS321's

Despite popular belief, I have and love these speakers and think they are great for a 2.0 system. I would love to afford swans myself, but these speakers are beasties.

couple updates

added new keyboard and dual monitors to my linux box

and cleaned up the wiring on my win7 box

4218113192_fc6b6f96ae_o.jpg

4218113236_c79aaba6b2_o.jpg

4217345829_9a8823ed18_o.jpg

Hello everyone! Been a lurker for literally years, but decided to create an account so I could add my setup into the mix. Enjoy!

This first picture is what everything looked like up until a couple of weeks ago:

old%20desktop.jpg

That's a Logitech Z4 2.1 system (the sub is under the desk, and makes for a great footrest), a Kensington Expert Trackball, Asus VH236H, and my computer stuffed into a Cooler Master Storm Scout case. The Asus replaced my nearly 5-year-old Dell 2005FPW about three months ago.

new%20desktop%20music.jpg

Here is what it looks like now...moved the Storm Scout off to the side and put my Dell 2005FPW back into action as a secondary monitor/movie display while gaming. This is how my desk looks when doing Ambient Electronica work...the MIDI controller is an Axiom 25, and I mainly work out of Reason. You can also see my two external hard drives peeking out from under the Asus VH236H (a 120 gig 2.5" and 750 gig 3.5", both SATA). My computer itself is nothing remarkable...Athlon X2 5400+, ATI 4850, a 1 TB RAID, and Windows XP installed onto a 250 gig. I have plans for upgrading soon, but right now our money is focused on getting married:)

new%20desktop%20normal.jpg

Lastly, here is what it looks like for day to day use, with the Axiom stowed away up top. I plan on getting a couple of really nice cabinet knobs and putting them into the front of the hutch to hold my Sony MDR-7506 and Logitech G35. Haven't gone crazy with cable management behind the desk since we are moving in a few months, but at least it looks decent from the sitting position. Definitely more cable cleaning needed, however...

Last edited:

DAMN. I have a cat!! Now I will never achieve the level of wonder you have...

She brings me luck. Had that in all my PC's since my 550Mhz P3. Same with the very old Alyssa Milano printout on the wall. Keep that their for nostalgia reasons.

Lucky Jerks and your single life

I can give some advice. Tell your "other" this exactly...

"Baby, I want to F+++ your sister while you watch" That will either get you back to single status or into a possible 3-way. It's Win - Win buddy.

I can give some advice. Tell your "other" this exactly...

"Baby, I want to F+++ your sister while you watch" That will either get you back to single status or into a possible 3-way. It's Win - Win buddy.
That's beautiful, man!!

Merry christmas to me. 2x ST2410's from Dell for my computer. The 2407 didn't have HDMI for my PS3 so it's being ousted.

hdmi to dvi cable sir.
bleh....

I could have, but I have a dual head DVI card already, and I wasn't going to keep plugging / unplugging. I could have rigged up a splitter system, but bleh... just upgrade. Plus, these are better on power than my combo of a 2407WFP and 2001FP I had before.

I'm going to use that baseball there on my desk and put a hole through the 2407, then probably leave it in the dumpster behind my complex if you want it. :p

bleh....

I could have, but I have a dual head DVI card already, and I wasn't going to keep plugging / unplugging. I could have rigged up a splitter system, but bleh... just upgrade. Plus, these are better on power than my combo of a 2407WFP and 2001FP I had before.

I'm going to use that baseball there on my desk and put a hole through the 2407, then probably leave it in the dumpster behind my complex if you want it. :p

Not that I disagree with the choice to upgrade (there is no sweeter word in the English language than "Upgrade", except maybe "Happy Hour"), but a splitter would have been a pretty simple thing to set up.

I snagged one of these when I bought my PS3 and FDP2485:

terk_HDMI31_300x250_s.jpg

Terk 3in1 HDMI Switcher

used it with a couple HDMI to DVI cables for the computer/monitor and a standard HDMI for the PS3 and it's worked perfectly for years now. It auto switches to the PS3 when i turn it on, and switches back when it turns off. No visible ghosting or other artifacts. Simple and effective.

Hell, my current secondary screen (FHD2401) has an HDMI connection, but the Terk switcher still works better, so I use it instead.

Not saying you made a bad decision, I'm just putting my experience out there.

Anyway, nice set up.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey I have that same desk! Or had rather... Isn't cable management fun with a glass desk?

lol

i think i did a decent job, one large wire bundle Velcro'd up to the right rear bar

thought about applying some window tint to the glass on the bottom to darken it up a little, would be super easy to do

I'm in. XP Club begins now!

Why upgrade OS? XP is everything I need. It's stable, paid for, flexible...I'm good where I'm at.

I'll join the Win XP club! Though I do have a copy of Win7 home premium that I haven't bothered to install.

Ugh.. you guys amaze me. I have to use XP at work and I feel like i'm living in another time. It feels so ancient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back