Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks cramped :/ maybe its just the steering wheel that makes it have that look

It is- Well actually Its quite comfortable.. I reach the mouse easily and comfortably and my keyboard sits on my lap since its wireless... I have been meaning to get a new desk for quite some time now but I cant find anything nice that suits me.. I would like to get my hands on a jerker but they are impossible to find. I was supposed to be building a desk out of 2" exhaust tubing and doing a cool Semi-stacks off the top thing and making it look all awesome and stuff but I never got around to it.. and that stuff costs money. Soon enough though I hope! :)

I think the speakers and the wheel/shifter make up all the clutter. This is easily fixed by wall mounting some speakers and stowing away the wheel/shifter when not in use. Surround setup like that is a waste all facing forward, get a good 5.1 or 7.1 headset instead.

I use the wheel all the time as I am addicted to GRID and GT-R Evolution.. I usually play daily. The G25 would be a PITA to take down and set up daily anyways- atleast with this setup. About my speakers.. I have the two rears mounted on the wall behind 6.5' behind me? Or were you talking about how close the front three speakers are to eachother? :confused:

It looks sweet. I suppose you could create more space by putting the case on the floor, but given your real estate in that room, it looks fine for the way you like to use it.

looks like a lot of run to play driver games with a setup like that...

what are some good PC driving games, i have played GRID and the graphics are great but that is it...

looks like a lot of run to play driver games with a setup like that...

what are some good PC driving games, i have played GRID and the graphics are great but that is it...

If your into simulation GT-R Evolution is a GREAT one.. very very very realistic and accurate. DiRT is a real fun one too... I also have Test Drive unlimited which is a really fun online game.

wheres the keyboard?

On my bed. Its wireless :)

Yea I was referring to the front speakers being in proximity, isn't really an issue if you aren't too concerned with directional noise, but you use the space you have well I'll grant you that, +1 to wireless keyboards, I love my dinovo edge!

I still have a ton of work to do here.

Here is a majority of my communications gear. Still have a lot of cleaning up to do there.

commrack_1.JPG

Here is the PVC conduit coming up next to the desk. Only have a couple Ethernet cables at the moment. As you can see I also need to install the floor boards :)

conduit_1.JPG

Better picture of the desk. I have a Linux box and Windows Box.

desk_2.jpg

The door which still needs trim. Pay no attention to the mess outside the door :) Outside of the door there I have another desk that I use for all my soldering and such.

door_3.JPG

This is where the coax enters the room. I also have a 16x16 whole near the bottom. This is going to house a furnace filter to help keep the dust down. You can also see a piece of conduit coming out of the wall at the floor. This is where all the 12v wiring will go into a switch box and then to the ceiling for the ventilation panel, lights, etc. I currently only have the ventilation panel wired.

entry.JPG

The patch panel the I built with a rack panel blank and a bunch of Amphenol N Bulkheads. You can also see the 2M amp below it. I have the amp wired into the patch panel so that I can patch any radio or antenna to it.

patchpanel_1.JPG

Another image of the racks

racks_2.JPG

The server / data rack

serverrack_1.JPG

wow, dude, you should go ahead and make a POST YOUR SERVER ROOM thread, cause jeez dude. I like it, I like it alot! :)
If you did all that work yourself btw, with the conduit and the concrete and stuff, nice job, I salute u!

SALU!

wow, dude, you should go ahead and make a POST YOUR SERVER ROOM thread, cause jeez dude. I like it, I like it alot! :)
If you did all that work yourself btw, with the conduit and the concrete and stuff, nice job, I salute u!

SALU!

That would be this thread :)

workstation1.JPG

workstation2.JPG

Here's mine. Normally the Lian Li case wouldn't be sitting on my desk but I had to diagnosis what was wrong with it. Ended up being a bad stick of ram causing it to not boot up.

my only critique is the vodka. dump that shit. buy some scotch. graduate to manhood.

asshole. jk. nice set up. i would play any fast and furious game with that set up.

Haha thanks :) Its a pretty fun setup. Its nice to just crank up the volume once in awhile and go racing, it feels like your in one of those Pizza Hut arcade racers except 100000 times cooler hahaha.

workstation1.JPG

workstation2.JPG

Here's mine. Normally the Lian Li case wouldn't be sitting on my desk but I had to diagnosis what was wrong with it. Ended up being a bad stick of ram causing it to not boot up.

Have to ask, what desk is that? And is that a mirror top tinited? or along those lines?

a few pictures from my old setup a few months ago in my old appartment;

overalln.jpg

nasc.jpg

routery.jpg

in my new appartment ;

p1000170l.jpg

p1000171rqy.jpg

p1000172.jpg

p1000173.jpg

p1000173.jpg

any comments?

slomorbo

Last edited:
got tired of the wire mess, and I wanted to create a one-stop "command center" but have procrastinated against it for about 2 years. but I spent this afternoon doing just that.. my 37" is only 1366x768 ( pretty much 720p) but it gets the job done :D

IMG_0280.jpg

got tired of the wire mess, and I wanted to create a one-stop "command center" but have procrastinated against it for about 2 years. but I spent this afternoon doing just that.. my 37" is only 1366x768 ( pretty much 720p) but it gets the job done :D

You don't get eye strain sitting that close? I had a 32" on my desk and even that gave me headaches, so I had to return it.

My computer room as is now...

My wife's area, I made all her wires disappear :)...
CompRoom20091.jpg

and to the left of the bookshelves...
CompRoom20092.jpg

and closer... each of our computers have and external hard drive hooked up for backups...
CompRoom20093.jpg

and...
CompRoom20094.jpg

a full shot of my desk... no wires to be seen here either :D...
CompRoom20095.jpg

finally, here's as full a shot as I can get before running into wall...
CompRoom20096.jpg

My computer room as is now...

My wife's area, I made all her wires disappear :)...
CompRoom20091.jpg

and to the left of the bookshelves...
CompRoom20092.jpg

and closer... each of our computers have and external hard drive hooked up for backups...
CompRoom20093.jpg

and...
CompRoom20094.jpg

a full shot of my desk... no wires to be seen here either :D...
CompRoom20095.jpg

finally, here's as full a shot as I can get before running into wall...
CompRoom20096.jpg
Mostly ika Furniture :)

2 x Vika tables n a galant :D

I love Ikea too, cheap, stylish n useful furniture .

looking good man

Thank you :)

I love Ikea too, cheap, stylish n useful furniture .

I agree... great furniture for the money.

TooBooKoo
What kind of chair do you have? On your setup?

I got it at Office Max a while back, but it might be discontinued now... I got it on clearance for around $130, it was originally more around $250 or so. I forgot the exact make and model, and I can't find it on the Office Max website anymore. I'll see if I can figure that out and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back