Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My at work workstation 2009.

IMAGE_136.jpg

Holy crap where do you work? I just got some serious deja-vu.. I'll post up a pic of my work tomorrow and you'll see why.

We should have a thread for just our "At work workstations" Its fun seeing other peoples cubes / offices.

My actual WORKstation... Computer on the left is for updating jobs, checking measurements, etc. Computer on the right is the print server (sort of). In the background you can see 2 of the 3 units belonging to 1 of the 2 of the triplex Oce Variostream 7000 series (1 7300 and 1 7400) printers I run.

0602090126a.jpg

If I could get away with that at work I would do it in a heartbeat.

@FrEaKy - I love Ye Olde Hercules Sound Card Break-Out Box. I had one a million years ago and ended up putting it in a build for my brother. Had always hoped they would give Creative a run for their money. And the cable to that thing was a monster...
Oblio
I love that breakout box, lots of goodies, and Hercules release some good drivers for XP and Vista. It actually does your full .1 but they added an emulated 7.1 to it as well. I stick with the 5.1 cause it goes right to my reciever, but still nice to have. My PS3 is connected to it via optic, and my media pc via coax, so no complaints here, it runs optic to my reciever.

lol, Mine had no accessories, didn't really care though for the price.

My sights are way off for whatever reason.... been a while since I've shot it but I think it shoots to the left more than it should.

Given that you haven't shot it, be ready for a sore shoulder. Damn things kick hard, but god do they make some noise :D

Oh I have shot it, only a couple times though. I over prepared myself for it to kick my butt so it wasn't too bad. Definitely want ear protection though. Didn't use it the first time and it didn't seem too bad. Second time though I ended up with a ringing in my ear for at least a week. Wasn't quite sure if it was guna go away. :eek:

They say these guns were usually sighted with the bayonet out, and having it in will change it. I could never really tell where mine was hitting either way though.

Mine was probly a little high, but it was alright since it was already there. Would've been just as much if I had to pay an ffl dealer to receive one.

sucha great build, hows that CRT holding up? i know people use it becuase it has true colors but i would suggest an lcd :)

I have owned it since I picked it up at the San Jose Microcenter in 2000. Still sharp, still bright, no reason or desire to go LCD.

Oh I have shot it, only a couple times though. I over prepared myself for it to kick my butt so it wasn't too bad. Definitely want ear protection though. Didn't use it the first time and it didn't seem too bad. Second time though I ended up with a ringing in my ear for at least a week. Wasn't quite sure if it was guna go away. :eek:

They say these guns were usually sighted with the bayonet out, and having it in will change it. I could never really tell where mine was hitting either way though.

Mine was probly a little high, but it was alright since it was already there. Would've been just as much if I had to pay an ffl dealer to receive one.

They are sighted in with the bayo out. Anything over about 50 yards gets hard to hit with the bayo in. You can re-sight it, but it was designed for bayonet out shooting, and will never be reliably accurate this way, but it works. Get an M38 if you want no bayo. I have two 1944 M44's and a 1939 M38 and a few tins of ammo. Nothing like cooking your kill while you shoot it. lol.

I spent like 3 hours last night pulling all of my cords and cables out and reorganizing. Hopefully I should be able to post a pic tonight depending on when I finish.

We moved so it will be a whole new setting but here's what it last looked like (to have something to compare it to for the upcoming pics)

Desk010.jpg

I have gun pics too :) My second cabinet is right in my office...maybe we'll squeeze an AR-15 pic in there from my latest build.

We should have a thread for just our "At work workstations" Its fun seeing other peoples cubes / offices.
Several years ago, a former colleague got fired for taking pics of his office at work. Of course, we were on the CDC's Bio-Terror Response Team so there was this minor, pesky, trivial concern about "security" he decided to ignore. I didn't mind seeing him go. He was a first-rate ass clown. :p

Several years ago, a former colleague got fired for taking pics of his office at work. Of course, we were on the CDC's Bio-Terror Response Team so there was this minor, pesky, trivial concern about "security" he decided to ignore. I didn't mind seeing him go. He was a first-rate ass clown. :p

I don't do @ work office pics either. I work from home a lot so it's basically the same thing anyway, just...on my property.

I sure hope not. It would be Illegal for me to own any guns but I'd have to check up on the laws here to double check.

Where do you live? Great Britain? *edit* Finland? (looking in your sig) If so Finland has some pretty liberal gun laws for a Euro Nation.

Edit2, wait your profile says Texas... :rolleyes:

I am just kidding about the guns in posts post... sort of. lol.

Post your guns while you've got'em and before our lord and savior the chosen one starts shredding the 2nd Amendment. Stock up on ammo. They're coming for that, too.

Where do you live? Great Britain? *edit* Finland? (looking in your sig) If so Finland has some pretty liberal gun laws for a Euro Nation.

Edit2, wait your profile says Texas... :rolleyes:

I am just kidding about the guns in posts post... sort of. lol.

In any of the 50 States I don't believe I can legally obtain and fire a gun due to be being somewhere. As in I'm crazy and we can leave it at that.

i would love to post my many pictures but i cant seem to find a good site to upload them to, imageshack and photobucket are both crap

I like your real desk. If I see any more pressboard Ikea crap I'm going to puke.

In some cases, pressboard is stronger than real wood...its all about personal preference, I suppose.

VA Supremacy, it doesn't look like you have a lot of leg room there, how do you you mange? (Or, is there some more space that's not visible in the camera angle?)

My Desk
IMG_0063.jpg

Power outage? I don't know. :p
IMG_0066-1.jpg

File server on the top and game server at the bottom. (need to clean up the wires more)
IMG_0050.jpg

Mom Desk with my gaming laptop.
IMG_0061-1.jpg

Got done building my desk over the weekend. Made it using a 32" x 80" solid core slab door, and some legs I ordered from Ikea. Stained it with some coats of ebony stain, and finished it with some coats of polyurethane. I'm extremely happy with how it came out. I love this thing. It's exactly what I wanted, and it only cost a total of ~$70 plus a decent amount of labor. :)

Some pics:

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

Made a little spot to hold all of the cables and surge protector so there is no visible cable clutter. The only two cables hanging down are the 360 controller and the sustain pedal for the keyboard. I can live with those hanging down there.

IMG_2628.jpg

Here's a close up pic of the surface. Pics don't really do it justice, but it has a really nice look to it. It's pretty much pitch black, but if there's light shining on it the right way, you can see some of the wood color, which gives it a nice touch.

IMG_2632.jpg

Got done building my desk over the weekend. Made it using a 32" x 80" solid core slab door, and some legs I ordered from Ikea. Stained it with some coats of ebony stain, and finished it with some coats of polyurethane. I'm extremely happy with how it came out. I love this thing. It's exactly what I wanted, and it only cost a total of ~$70 plus a decent amount of labor. :)

-snip-

Damn... I want to make a desk like that now! What legs did you use from Ikea? (I think I'm gonna steal your idea. :p)

Damn that desk is nice. I was thinking about doing the same but prob smaller and make it a L.

Here's the sequence of my current desk location and the re-wiring job I just did.

(gun pics thrown in from the office for schizrade)

Starting out, not bad really, I just wanted more order to the cable mess

DeskPics003.jpg

DeskPics004.jpg

DeskPics006.jpg

I removed the little rack and my test box as I haven't used it in....forever. Cut a piece of pegboard and used some industrila double sided adhesive tape to attach to the bottom of the jerker

DeskPics007.jpg

DeskPics008.jpg

After carefully debating with myself best routes for wiring etc here's what I came up with:

DeskPics009.jpg

DeskPics010.jpg

A shot of the pegboard and the little shelf it creates, great place to put wires so they're still organized but not necessarily needed to be velcro'd down or zipped into place either:

DeskPics015.jpg

DeskPics016.jpg

My network rack is just bolted right onto the jerker's frame, I work from home and do things for work that sometimes having a rack is advantageous:

DeskPics011.jpg

There are cables that I use often enough to warrant keeping out but not always connected...solution:

DeskPics012.jpg

And the AR pics as promised:
DeskPics013.jpg

DeskPics014.jpg

Questions and Comments are always welcome!

Hi guys,

I've posted in previous years' workstation galleries and here is my 2009 setup. I've moved into a new place and if anyone remembers my old room, i've continued to use Red and Black as my theme with a touch of white. I'm an avid collector of statues and I'm also a ridiculous neat freak, so yes, the room is this clean all the time.

And if you were wondering, the last shot is of the underside of my desk where I've hidden the HDMI switcher.

Hope you enjoy it!

Best Room I have seen!!

In some cases, pressboard is stronger than real wood...its all about personal preference, I suppose.

VA Supremacy, it doesn't look like you have a lot of leg room there, how do you you mange? (Or, is there some more space that's not visible in the camera angle?)

I touch my G3 a lot and I don't think it minds, sometimes i push my chair back. At the moment I can't really spread out since I got an apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back