Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wires are nasty. But I go to a lot of LAN parties so they are always on the move.

Emmy likes to keep an eye on things.

Photo0479.jpg

Photo0478.jpg

Photo0477.jpg

Photo0476.jpg

that monitor looks like its 6 feet away from the keyboard in the third pic.. what camera and lens are you using

Canon 5D + 17-40
I always get carried away with my wide angle.. :D

Thanks once again everyone, I'll make sure to post more when I'm completely finished..

Inspired by some members here, I added an Ikea wall shelf and light, which I had forgotten the name already. Blame the silly names they used!

sn850244.jpg

sn850246.jpg

I need a new desk, and couple new bigger monitors won't hurt either :D

got a new 24inch benq and new tv card thing :)

also did some moving around XD

and thanks to my mate Justin for the transporter poster :D

(sry might spam abit of photos)

3fded304.jpg

78cd6f87.jpg

d8fe0e95.jpg

2f83c0a9.jpg

6e0f8ebb.jpg

97472240.jpg

5c7c06c2.jpg

55518960.jpg

7b56f202.jpg

abf1265f.jpg

UncleDavid218: Nice setup. But quick question: Doesn't it get lonely in that corner? It feels so dark and gloomy.:(

Are headphones like that good for gaming too? Im assuming they are amazing for music and studio type things, although I am not sure if they are good for gaming. I have been looking into getting a really nice pair of headphones lately and dont want to make the wrong decision.

Are headphones like that good for gaming too? Im assuming they are amazing for music and studio type things, although I am not sure if they are good for gaming. I have been looking into getting a really nice pair of headphones lately and dont want to make the wrong decision.

i use the sennheiser pc350 .. they are great for pc gaming/voice communication

As soon as they come out, though, I am getting the new logitech G35 headset.. looks pretty awesome

Yes, the K701's are great for music and the like.
I use the Sony MDR-V6's for gaming and I love 'em... especially during explosions :D
It's the closest I've come to being able to "feel" the bass for under $100, besides speakers.
Go over here and they might offer more specific audio help... but beware, they might also influence you to put your wallet on diet too :p

uh oh, don't go in there unless you are ready to spend money
QFTMFT!!!!!! I've dropped hundreds of dollars since making the mistake of clicking on that Computer Audio thread. Of course, the same can be said of the Display, Video Card and this Post Your Workstation thread. Ignorance can indeed be a wonderful thing. :p

QFTMFT!!!!!! I've dropped hundreds of dollars since making the mistake of clicking on that Computer Audio thread. Of course, the same can be said of the Display, Video Card and this Post Your Workstation thread. Ignorance can indeed be a wonderful thing. :p
haha I second this. After reading in that forum for about a half an hour, I wanted to upgrade my speakers and 'phones and buy a new soundcard.

Yes, the K701's are great for music and the like.
I use the Sony MDR-V6's for gaming and I love 'em... especially during explosions :D
It's the closest I've come to being able to "feel" the bass for under $100, besides speakers.
Go over here and they might offer more specific audio help... but beware, they might also influence you to put your wallet on diet too :p

You my friend are a bad influence!! LOL. Well I already have the Speaker setup, Z-5500s and X-fi Titanium Championship Series make my room sound wonderful. Looks like I will be spending some time in that thread tonight. Also want to check out the G35 Logitechs that were mentioned earlier too.

+1. Luckily slowly crept away from that audio scene. Thats a rich mans game. My Swans and RX700's are great and I dont need anymore.

I used to think vid cards and displays cost a lot. Its nothing compared to audio.

But then again, ive got myself into the world of photography -_-. Lenses are expensive as hell too.

Leg for a leg I guess.

Ignorance is great.

I agree with that completely.. I have narrowed all my hobbies down to one major rule because I have delved into the home theater/speaker game, the pc game, the monitor game, the photography game, the gaming game, and the head fi game ..

so now I just say I like stuff that plugs in.. its easier

You my friend are a bad influence!! LOL. Well I already have the Speaker setup, Z-5500s and X-fi Titanium Championship Series make my room sound wonderful. Looks like I will be spending some time in that thread tonight. Also want to check out the G35 Logitechs that were mentioned earlier too.

Sorry about that, but keep your head on while you're in there ;)

I agree with that completely.. I have narrowed all my hobbies down to one major rule because I have delved into the home theater/speaker game, the pc game, the monitor game, the photography game, the gaming game, and the head fi game ..

so now I just say I like stuff that plugs in.. its easier

I love all that plugs in too... now if I could only get my hands on a Tesla Roadster :cool:

Do you notice a difference from using what looks like 12awg on those z-5500's?

when i was using the mini jack cables , there was slightly less static in the speakers.

but when i swaped over to optical. there pretty much no diff, but heavy cables lol

What headphones and amp are you using?

i know it was asked, but i didnt see if anyone answered, what kind of headphone amp is this?

i think i will take your guys' advice and stay away from the computer audio forum, and just see what that guy is using specifically. haha. :)

i know it was asked, but i didnt see if anyone answered, what kind of headphone amp is this?

i think i will take your guys' advice and stay away from the computer audio forum, and just see what that guy is using specifically. haha. :)
It's a Little Dot I+ hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back