Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, i make take the plunge and head into the audio forum and start doing some research. :(
Sorry about your wallet.

My setup is considered low-end:

AKG K701 - $250
Little Dot I+ hybrid - $100
USB Fubar II - $110

There are some people on Head-Fi with $15,000 amplifiers and $60,000 loudspeakers.

Sorry about your wallet.

My setup is considered low-end:

AKG K701 - $250
Little Dot I+ hybrid - $100
USB Fubar II - $110

There are some people on Head-Fi with $15,000 amplifiers and $60,000 loudspeakers.

damn man, thats crazy to think about some people using that just for home-use.

with your setup how much of a difference did it really make? im using some sennheiser hd595's on a creative X-Fi card right now.

with your setup how much of a difference did it really make? im using some sennheiser hd595's on a creative X-Fi card right now.

I can't speak for him on his set up, but I can say that proper amplification definitely helps. A $30 amplifier won't cause a huge night and day shift that's immediately noticeable, but $100 amp and $100 DAC have a definite impact, even in comparison to the X-Fi card. The little dot amplifiers have great synergy with sennhesier products, I'd recommend getting what Uncledavid218 has if you're looking to dable into head phone fun :)

I'm switching between Goldring DR-150's and Grado SR-225's, and I can definitely say that an amp helps on these (I've got a Little Dot II+, it's a fun amp too).

DSC00654.jpg

Could you tell me more about that clear glass vase with the long red sticks? I like that.

i could not agree more with you but this is what i have to deal with cause that is what the army put in my room :(

are you allowed to wall mount in your room? that would help a lot getting that tv up and out of the way to have more space on the desk. either way, nice stuff you have there. I like how you put the absolute max amount of tech in your room. awesome stuff

maybe pull your desk back six inches and put a shelf right behind the desk on the wall.. then put the TV on that and the rest of the stuff on the desk.. extending the desk by 6 inches would help, too

Could you tell me more about that clear glass vase with the long red sticks? I like that.
I got the vase at Ikea for around $50 and the sticks I got at Target for around $10.

The K701s I have are low impedance phones that benefit GREATLY from amplification. It's night and day.

The HD595s again are recommended to have amplification from a dedicated amp.

i'll definitely check out getting some headphone gear once i complete my next gaming build... thanks for the recommendations

are you allowed to wall mount in your room? that would help a lot getting that tv up and out of the way to have more space on the desk. either way, nice stuff you have there. I like how you put the absolute max amount of tech in your room. awesome stuff

the walls are made out some really thin stuff and i am not at all to begin with.

maybe pull your desk back six inches and put a shelf right behind the desk on the wall.. then put the TV on that and the rest of the stuff on the desk.. extending the desk by 6 inches would help, too

dont have a shelf and but it moved out another 2-3inchs off the wall the tv sitting against it.

I am waiting for my 28in lcd to get here been awhile though.

DarkT said:
Where did you get that wall shelf? I think it will match my desk, but I can't find anything like it online. Also, did it come with the lights built in or did you need to add those?

Keep The Volume Up said:
The top shelf is the bigger Lack, cut about 12" off one end, to the width of the Jerker (63"). The 4 lights are the Dioder LEDs in white. I wanted real white lighting at night if needed. The backlighting consists of 3 Cyron 15" lightbars.

I found his answer in the Ikea gallery thread.

Heres my modest setup:
SL381190-1.jpg

SL381195.jpg

looks a bit sloppy, but i did spend time cleanin up wires and they are flush against the back if showing. You cant see the 2120mm on top and you can see the wires going to the two 120mm intakes on the side. Just put Antec spot cool in today to cool northbridge and ram

Here's my workstation. Got rid of the Jerker when was moving to my new place.. it took way too much space thus I had to settle with a smaller Fredrik.
http://osiedleowocowe.wroclaw.pl/pics/osiedle_owocowe/misc/DSCF2216_resize.JPG
and here's a pano shot of the bedroom..
http://osiedleowocowe.wroclaw.pl/pics/osiedle_owocowe/misc/bedroom2.jpg
..and my gaming/ HT station
http://osiedleowocowe.wroclaw.pl/pics/osiedle_owocowe/misc/DSCF2286_resize.JPG

clean, modern, minimalism FTW.

this setup looks more like a house tour out of apartmenttherapy. good to see it here at [H].

Heres my modest setup:

looks a bit sloppy, but i did spend time cleanin up wires and they are flush against the back if showing. You cant see the 2120mm on top and you can see the wires going to the two 120mm intakes on the side. Just put Antec spot cool in today to cool northbridge and ram

I like your little area. Kinda all spread out. I wish i had that </envy>

Never posted a "dirty workspace" here. First shot is how it was after a week of not being home much and using my desk as my "landing zone". Other pics are after a 3 minute clean up ;)

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4433-1.jpg

IMG_4434-1.jpg

Never posted a "dirty workspace" here. First shot is how it was after a week of not being home much and using my desk as my "landing zone". Other pics are after a 3 minute clean up ;)

Hmm... looks like your plant could use a bit of water! :p

Also, is crime that bad you need to keep a gun on your desk? :eek:

Nice set-up, I like the desk.

I have "a few" guns around here. I was carrying that one today, so it just ended up on my desk when I got home.

That plant is retarded, I think I watered it too much once, and it started to die. so I just stopped watering it with hopes of it making a come back. It survived for 3 years when I was in college, and all it got then was leftover beer and sometimes a little gatorade.

Closet to left of desk.
IMG_4374.jpg

I have "a few" guns around here. I was carrying that one today, so it just ended up on my desk when I got home.

That plant is retarded, I think I watered it too much once, and it started to die. so I just stopped watering it with hopes of it making a come back. It survived for 3 years when I was in college, and all it got then was leftover beer and sometimes a little gatorade.

Closet to left of desk.

Haha, awesome!

Closet to left of desk.
IMG_4374.jpg

Encase of zombies?

really nice setup TooBooKoo! :) is that 2nd screen on top mounted on the wall or just sitting on top? :confused:

really nice setup TooBooKoo! :) is that 2nd screen on top mounted on the wall or just sitting on top? :confused:

Very nice! How'd you get the smaller (19in maybe) monitor to stay like that?

Here's how I mounted it...
img4092i.jpg

I paid $30 and some tax for the mount at Fry's... pretty good little mount at that price... much better than my old flat, non-adjustable one.
Oh yeah, it is my old 19" Samsung... great little LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back