• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will try to post mine soon again. I might be moving my setup downstairs into the basement out of my bedroom. I'm homeschooled online and I'm starting to not like working in my room.
 
[H]adouken;1033802333 said:
Thats ill dude, is it always blue like that? I'd go insane.

Well, that light used to have a regular bulb in it... but there are ceiling lights down here in the basement.. so when I game I keep the blue on, and turn the ceiling lights off.. but when I do regular stuff or not on my computer I keep the ceiling lights on, and turn the blue light off.

But I'm thinking of putting cathodes to have more accent lighting down here.
 
ok another dumb question....i seem to be full of them this week ..i kinda have a vague idea of a server is but i dont know enough ...and i seem to notice that a lot of u guys have a server connected to ur comps or ur htpc's ...so that got me thinking ..what exactly is a server and what use is it ???
 
A server is a computer program that provides services to other computer programs (and their users), in the same or other computer. The physical computer that runs a server program is also often referred to as server.[1]
Services can be supplied centrally by the use of a server; in other cases all the machines on a network have the same status with no dedicated server, and services are supplied peer-to-peer.


There ya go. Straight from Wiki. The internet is your friend.

It's basically a computer that has one dedicated use, such as added storage for your networked computers, web service, file transfer protocol, and other similar applications.
 
thanks mate ...so a server is like a storage pc or a common point between 2 or more comps ..hmmm ...was i rite ??
 
A server is a computer program that provides services to other computer programs (and their users), in the same or other computer. The physical computer that runs a server program is also often referred to as server.[1]
Services can be supplied centrally by the use of a server; in other cases all the machines on a network have the same status with no dedicated server, and services are supplied peer-to-peer.


There ya go. Straight from Wiki. The internet is your friend.

It's basically a computer that has one dedicated use, such as added storage for your networked computers, web service, file transfer protocol, and other similar applications.


I wouldn't say a machine that has one dedicated use. While true in medium/large enterprise environments where they usually prefer to modularize all services onto dedicated servers for each service, many people here haver servers which house a file server, print server, web server, database server, virtualization server, torrent server, firewall, router all in one machine. Also a server really isn't a program.
 
3332833918_9be9edc9ba_b.jpg
 
awesome i'll post pics of my new old style jerker desk once its put together. now i all have all matching jerker desks :D
 
I wouldn't say a machine that has one dedicated use. While true in medium/large enterprise environments where they usually prefer to modularize all services onto dedicated servers for each service, many people here haver servers which house a file server, print server, web server, database server, virtualization server, torrent server, firewall, router all in one machine. Also a server really isn't a program.

Okay well then go argue with the people who updated the wiki page cuz that's where I copied my response from.
 
ill have to psot mine when i put my new upgrades in my pc :)

i ordered the mobo n ram last night n the amd phenom im going to order next week
 
Couldn't find my other camera so used screen grabs from my video camera. In the middle of putting up shelves above my monitors but need better anchors first so the project is on hold :p

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

desk4.jpg
 
that above setup is beautiful!!!

is that killzone 2?
nice gundams!!!

thanks and yes that's killzone 2, going through it my 2nd time on harder difficulty

yes I got two zoids on top and a gundam below, probably going to buy another one from the second season of 00.
 
never saw that season,
but on my pc i have the season with heero,duo,trowa,quatre and qufei and then i have the 08ths team and on dvd i have endless walts

i used to watch zoids
 
Slightly updated by adding a new Mac Mini to the mix.
131513723.jpg

It was supposed to be my new HTPC but I like it too much to move it in there. 2 years ago I would've laughed someone out of a room for talking Apple to me. Now I have 2 of them. What happened? :p

Gaming PC is on the left monitor attempting to download the UT3 free trial but that's not really working out too good. :mad: Wires still a mess but finally getting some pegboard today.
 
Slightly updated by adding a new Mac Mini to the mix.
*snip*
It was supposed to be my new HTPC but I like it too much to move it in there. 2 years ago I would've laughed someone out of a room for talking Apple to me. Now I have 2 of them. What happened? :p

You lost all but one finger and the thumb on your mouse hand in an unfortunate accident? :p Just kidding!
 
Ikea probably...most floral stores...

I've even seen some Bamboo at Home Depot before. All you need is a vase (or container to us Men) some small pebbles/rocks to hold the Bamboo in place, and *poof* you're set!

p.s. Don't forget the water.
 
Slightly updated by adding a new Mac Mini to the mix.
[IG]http://sixpop.com/images/131513723.jpg[/IMG]
It was supposed to be my new HTPC but I like it too much to move it in there. 2 years ago I would've laughed someone out of a room for talking Apple to me. Now I have 2 of them. What happened? :p

Gaming PC is on the left monitor attempting to download the UT3 free trial but that's not really working out too good. :mad: Wires still a mess but finally getting some pegboard today.

lovely monitors and keyboard as usual :)
 
what mouse it that ?? i've been thinking about buying a wireless mouse ..so any suggestions ?? everything i've seen are too small :p


Looks like it may be a Logitech MX Revolution...if not, my apologizes.

I have a MX Revo and I love it.
 
Yeah that's an Revo.

Opened that picture in PSP7 and boosted brightness and it clearly showed revo. :)
 
This is my new setup. Bad pics but this is all i could do.

DSC01874.jpg




DSC01875.jpg




DSC01883.jpg




DSC01878.jpg




No way was i going to pay a couple hundred for a mount. The projector is screwed to the mount, the wire ties are just for keeping the projector from moving lol.

DSC01888.jpg




DSC01880.jpg
 
I love the way you mounted the projector, very nice! It proves that you don't really need to spend $300 for a mount, when you can make one yourself! :D
 
lol yea i thought it would be better then what it is. the audio and mic port on top wouldn't reach to my board.
 
the mount was part of a shelf thing i had and there was a hole in the middle where i could take a screw and mount the projector. def worth saving $300.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top