Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, ziptieing your DIR-655 to the desk. How are you liking those spotlight LED's on that thing, I had to put mine under my bed because it was keeping me up at night.

I tried using the stand it came with but it couldn't handle the cables weight since I have it a little high on that shelf.
The blue LED's are brighter than the green LED's on other dlink routers but they don't bother me plus I like to have sight of the activity.

very cool setup you have there.. is that all in your room at home or in college? pretty fun mancave

The rack.
dscn2425.jpg
dscn2426.jpg

The desk.
dscn2427.jpg

The server.
dscn2429c.jpg

Yeah, I know... I posted earlier. Felt the need to again now that my computer is finalized and the cable management on my desk is complete. I never want to see another zip-tie again in my life.

075b.jpg

076b.jpg

Gratuitous kitteh pic... I think she likes sitting on the UPS because it's hot on the top.

077b.jpg

I love the colors on that cat, TotalLamer.

Oh and I suppose I should say, nice workstations everybody.
Can't wait to get our basement repaired so we can sell this dump and move later this year so I can set all my stuff back up in one room!

My computer room, bedroom, spare bedroom, downstairs bathroom and a living room with woodstove got flooded due to a power outage during a huge snow melt so we are still waiting for people to come in to put in new carpet, subflooring and drywall. :(

I love the colors on that cat, TotalLamer.

Oh and I suppose I should say, nice workstations everybody.
Can't wait to get our basement repaired so we can sell this dump and move later this year so I can set all my stuff back up in one room!

My computer room, bedroom, spare bedroom, downstairs bathroom and a living room with woodstove got flooded due to a power outage during a huge snow melt so we are still waiting for people to come in to put in new carpet, subflooring and drywall. :(

Dang dude. That's rough. Hope it all gets fixed and taken care of soon!

So here's the new setup. Sorry the quality (pics taken with the gf's older Cybershot)

The main setup:
2j6acur.jpg

The music stuff (i have a Marshall dual 12" amp but it takes up too much space in my room so it stays in the garage)
1htiu1.jpg

The rig:
r7nk2c.jpg

The rig lit up:
24wyiq0.jpg

No idea why the pics make the front mesh part of the case look all dusty. It really isn't. (The Epi Strat on the other hand really is that dusty, since I mostly play my Iceman.)

what do you use the macbook for? ^^

Usually for IM or surfing while I'm playing a game. Or When I need to use Skype.(Video Chat)

It usually comes with me to work-

The small black box looks like a drobo. I've always wanted to try one out.

Yep that's it! Works like a dream, easily one of the best purchases i've ever made.

what is the lil box in the corner sandman?

It's called a Drobo - it's an external RAID storage 'robot'. I've got (4) 500GB drives in it.

www.drobo.com

@TheSandman2236
Hi. What temps do you have with your 4850x2 and this Lian Li case?

I usually get 42C Idle and about 75C on a load (That's typical for an 4800 Series card)

My workstation, built from very old case (no name). :D

suc57697.jpg

suc57782.jpg

suc57751.jpg

I'm gonna to change this case to Lian Li A05, thats why I was wondering about temps ;)

The Before:

3286215336_e7c45a3314.jpg

The After:

3347896887_455bc0cbbb.jpg

3347896883_42736edc5e.jpg

3347896873_719e171897.jpg

Pictures of the Custom Work :rolleyes:

Ikea Extension top quarter-round
3339696369_cbaed81a1e.jpg

Cut down from 31.5" to 23 5/8" to fit on the left hand side [added 15" of work space].

Ikea Lack shelf with Ikea Grundtal lights.
3347842481_46542a44d3.jpg

3339726423_a28ae30524.jpg

The Before:

The After:

Pictures of the Custom Work :rolleyes:

Ikea Extension top quarter-round

Cut down from 31.5" to 23 5/8" to fit on the left hand side [added 15" of work space].

Ikea Lack shelf with Ikea Grundtal lights.

Very Nice. I like the way you mounted the lights.

I am really liking the changes in your setup over the past few posts you have had. I think I can tell what your next purchase is going to be. That awesome rig is screaming for a badass monitor. I can't wait to see where you go with it. a nice 24 incher, a big 30 incher or that desk is def. big enough for a 37 inch 1080p LCD for gaming.

Very Nice. I like the way you mounted the lights.

I agree!!! :eek:

Yeah I agree too :D

Thanks Guys.

I am really liking the changes in your setup over the past few posts you have had. I think I can tell what your next purchase is going to be. That awesome rig is screaming for a badass monitor. I can't wait to see where you go with it. a nice 24 incher, a big 30 incher or that desk is def. big enough for a 37 inch 1080p LCD for gaming.

You are correct my friend, a 30" Dell is next on the list.

that monitor looks like its 6 feet away from the keyboard in the third pic.. what camera and lens are you using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back