Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just re-seized my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard from my wife (evil laugh here) and all I had to give up was my soul :p

I need to get some new pics up on here soon.

Optional87... very nice room you have there.

Great thread, i love going through these for ideas. Here's my current home studio.

6.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

And my newest addition, the i7.

2.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

3.jpg

^^^^ = Thread Winner!!! That is an amazing setup, very cool how its a "180 degree" surrounded setup. Everything just looks perfect!

That is one great Mitsu Evo photo montage as well, is that your car?

well I'm deducting points because i drooled on myself. A disclaimer would have been appropriate :)

He wins. I quit. I'm leaving [H].

Great setup dude!

Phobic Your setup is also amazing. I like having identical monitors running 2 different OS's like that. Adds a nice clean look.

Yall make me wanna spend more money... money that i dont have

Thanks for the compliment guys, much is appreciated. I busted a lot of ass to get everything in that room and I'm very grateful for it.

KevanB, yes that's my car, although it doesn't really look like that anymore.

Again, thanks everyone.

He wins. I quit. I'm leaving [H].

Great setup dude!

Phobic Your setup is also amazing. I like having identical monitors running 2 different OS's like that. Adds a nice clean look.

Yall make me wanna spend more money... money that i dont have

Heh thanks although the pics above pretty much put my setup to shame.

Great stuff iphluence. Color me jealous.

Pfft let me get my 7 15 inch beige crts together and duct tape them onto the wall and we will have a battle!

GG. I didn't even read anyone's comment. I thought, "Wow, he's the winner and it's only January!"

Yeah, great setup man. I don't think anyone can top that.

whoa thats one crazy setup you got goin there inphuluence. After seeing that I pretty much give up on my setup.

Great thread, i love going through these for ideas. Here's my current home studio.
3.jpg

very nice, is that a wacom Cintiq? damn you lol :D

how do you like it? I picked an Intuos3 up last year and couldn't live without it. I really want to play around with one of the Cintiq's

what do you use it for? Photo editing/painting and such?

edit: n/m, just saw the rest of your pics... nice setup indeed :)

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

wannabepilot, dude i looked all over; above, under, inside, outside... hah i can't find a tag, engravement, or anything anywhere. I bought the desks about 5 years ago from staples if that help. Sorry I was no help there man.

drstevil: I love the cintiq, it's awesome for when I need to retouch images or eed to illustrate in illustrator. When I'm in After Effects it becomes the spare monitor and I have my chat / email / folders / web browser in there. SOOO HANDY!

lebullet: this is going to take a while, and im prob going to miss alot of things but here goes.

Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz
Dual 20" Cinema Displays
M Audio Studio Pro 4
Kensington Wireless RF Keyboard
ShuttlePro 2
Wacom Graphire4
Behringer UB1002FX Audio Mixer
Sony DSR-45A

P4 3.4ghz - This thing has held it own for last 4 years.
Dual Acer AL2216W
Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard
Wacom Graphire 4

And the youngest out of the crowd:

i7 920 oc'd 4.0 Stable | 12GB 1600mhz RAM
Dual Samsung 305T+
Bella DV Keyboard
Wacom Cintiq 12WX

So while this set-up may look cool, all three computers are rarely on at the same time. The i7 was actually just added last week. I had hope that Apple would finally release a new MacPro at MacWorld but they didn't so I built the i7 for now. My original idea going forward was just to have one beast Mac. So when they do finally release it, I'll prob have to redo the set-up and move the two older comps out of the studio.

Again, i appreciate the comments everyone. Thanks.

drstevil: I love the cintiq, it's awesome for when I need to retouch images or eed to illustrate in illustrator. When I'm in After Effects it becomes the spare monitor and I have my chat / email / folders / web browser in there. SOOO HANDY!

would you say that it's worth the price over, say, the intuos line? I've really been debating selling the intuos and grabbing one, but can't justify the price until I've actually used one.

it's got to be really nice seeing the image that you're drawing/touching up/etc though... sometimes looking at a monitor and drawing on a desk can be a little awkward, even after you get used to it. Horizontal/vertical lines and circles seem to be the biggest PITA.

again, nice setup :)

cheers
steve

I was in the same boat with you, at work I used an intous and at home I used the graphire. I never had a chance to use the cintiq before but i knew plenty of industry friends that did and all said good things.

I knew I was taking a risk of buying it without using it first but I'm glad I did. It's SO much better to draw on the screen of the cintiq when photo correcting / airbrushing or just illustrating. Afterall it's just natural that we draw on what we see.

So IMO I would sell the intous and get the cintiq.

Do you use the Wacom as a mouse? And if so do you use "Pen Mode" or "Mouse Mode" ?

I dont remember the last time I used a regular mouse and if thats the case let me fore warn you that at first use you might not be so into it, just cause you got accustomed to using a regular tablet. Give it a few days til you get used to it and then you'll love it.

nah, I never used the mouse with it... I either use the pen (in pen mode), or just use my regular mouse.

thanks for the heads up :) much appreciated. Also, since you seem to be pretty into the industry (I just do it for hobby at the moment and pick up side work when I can), do you use any other pens than the one that comes with the tablet? If you do, do you find them anymore useful than just using a different brush stroke in PS?

thanks again for the input and sorry for all the questions, I don't get too many chances to talk to someone in the business.

Someone here has a new one on Craigslist for $1500...*drool*

EDIT: That's for the monster 21", those smaller 12" models can be had for about $750-$900 now. i want the 21" as it offers much more room and you don't need to move the window around when working on large pieces.

Wow inphluence that is a beautiful setup you have there. Truly droolworthy.

Sorry Steve can't help you on that one. I only use the pen's it came with. No worries on the questions, glad to help.

:eek: Beautiful even!

I now feel an emptiness deep down in my heart... your room has ruined me for all others. I love it!

Well, not all is lost... we share one thing in common... a beautiful white Evolution :D

Very nice set-up I have to say you got inphluence, It's hard to beat ;)

My first try of an Panorama, Over my room :)

Well that is his job so its an investment. Anyways thanks for the info on your setup inphluence.

:eek: Beautiful even!

I now feel an emptiness deep down in my heart... your room has ruined me for all others. I love it!

Well, not all is lost... we share one thing in common... a beautiful white Evolution :D

oh really? you part of evoM?

Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back