Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nice things, I just don't have a big room.

Taken with iPhone, so please excuse the quality. As you can see, that is my entire room minus a bed.

From what I can see of it, that keyboard looks pretty nice... I've not seen that one before, what is it?

I have nice things, I just don't have a big room.

[Pictar]

Taken with iPhone, so please excuse the quality. As you can see, that is my entire room minus a bed.

Nice collection of OCZ stuff. Only reason I didn't get one of their keyboards was the way the left shift key is broken up. That is the one I use 99% of the time so I didn't want to mess with it. I picked up the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard instead.

Is that one of the new Tritton headsets? If so, how are they? I've heard good things...

ethannixon, what mouse is that? :)

OCZ Equalizer Laptop Edition

From what I can see of it, that keyboard looks pretty nice... I've not seen that one before, what is it?

OCZ Elixir II.

Nice collection of OCZ stuff. Only reason I didn't get one of their keyboards was the way the left shift key is broken up. That is the one I use 99% of the time so I didn't want to mess with it. I picked up the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard instead.

Is that one of the new Tritton headsets? If so, how are they? I've heard good things...

Astro A40 Headset with MixAmp. It is the headset used in MLG tournaments for Halo. I use it for my PS3 and PC.

I grabbed a Logitech Illuminated myself just to try it out after using the Sidewinder X6... I actually returned the Sidewinder and kept the Logitech... the keys on it are so great... not to mention the slim profile and style of the thing... looks high class all the way :)

I like the OCZ Elixir II because of the low-profile keys. It feels like a laptop and the edges of each key are coated in rubber. It doesn't help too much, but if your finger slips it is usually caught by the rubber. Good for gaming.

looks interesting. is it really etched and not painted (to prevent rubbing off)?
I've got the Logitech Illuminated keyboard. It's just plain fantastic. Yes, the keys are etched... no paint. If you buy it on Logitech's site, use a 20% discount code. That plus free UPS shipping knocks the price down to $63!! :D

That keyboard looks very tempting. The only problem is I am plagued with bad OCD when it comes to company of peripherals. I have to have the same company for all of my peripherals. Now I have to save money up and get all HP gaming gear since I just traded my MacBook Pro for an HP D7T. -_-

Definitely a lot of nice rigs and workstations in this thread.

Here's mine:
DSC_0452.jpg

The whole workstation
DSC_0449.jpg

My computer desk
DSC_0457.jpg

Inside the box
DSC_0453.jpg

mix in a little music
DSC_0454.jpg

and an excellent pair of headphones

o_O Grado Headphones! I wouild love to have a pair, but its way out of my price range.

o_O Grado Headphones! I wouild love to have a pair, but its way out of my price range.

a pair of sr-60s are real nice and they cost like 50 bucks
I recently replaced my ATH AH700 with an SR-60 and am very pleased. The SR-60 are great for games and hard music. They're much more comfy, too. My A700 was huge and hot in comparison. I got my SR-60 for just $65 including free shipping.

Why is the top card missing it's cooler shroud?

I removed the shroud on the top gtx to resolve an overheating issue with my 780i mcp, with the shroud on, no airflow can get to the mcp, causing horrible temps and the dreaded vista TDR error. By removing the shroud, the gpu fan blows enough air on the mcp heatsink directly behind it to keep it from overheating. I eventually plan on cutting a hole in the shroud so that it can still cool the gtx to the best of its ability, but also keep the mcp in check.

Setup looks got and what you got into that small LL case looks fantastic Boyne70..

Thanks

My desk just before calling it quits last night, probably should have gotten an after cleaning shot >.<
DSCN0291.jpg

Could you plz link wallpaper for the world map on the big screen? :)

That's not a wallapaper. I think iIt's a game. I don't remember which... One where you have to plan nuke launches and targets... Mutually Assured Destruction maybe?

Yah Syndicated_Death got it, it is an oscilloscope, a pretty basic one, but useful nonetheless. and OofC_S7v7N they are kinda tucked in although they're pretty safe, and better than moving them out into the room where my roommate might kill them when he comes home drunk at 4 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back