• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I've been having a pretty good year, I decided to upgrade my workstation.

Although similar spec to the one its replacing, man is this one fast!

Specs:
Dual 5450 Xeons @ 3GHz 1333 FSB
8G kingston ECC DDR2
SuperMicro X7DWA mobo
Radeon 4870 512M video
ASUS Xonar D2 sound
4x 1T Seagate in RAID10 w/ 3Ware 9650 controller
LG "SuperMultiBlue" optical
Epson R1900 photoprinter



work08-1.jpg


work08-2.jpg


work08-3.jpg


work08-4.jpg



But the really fun part is what I attached to that Xonar:
PS Audio Digital Link III Digital to Analog converter
PS Audio Trio-A100 Power Amplifier (300W/ch@4ohms)
and a pair of Onix Mini Stratas

work08-5.jpg


work08-6.jpg


work08-7.jpg

What kind of case is that?
 
lol - he must :)

Anyway, that is awesome. How will you mange looking at the other monitors that are behind the LCD's? Or, are you going to completely going to remove those CRT's?

And, I have a hunch on what he might be doing with the bucket of water: Destroying his old tech! :D
 
the bucket of water has my goldfish in. and all my setup is made up of dell, hp, or compaq equipment
 
I don't have the links...

Just do a google image search for extra large images. Kayleigh Pearson and Seren Gibson. Both are Page 3 models from the UK

The kayleigh Pearson one is easy. I think all you need to do is type "ass" and hit extra large images and there ya go.

P.S. Turn off safe search
 
I FINALLY got my camera working, and I now have a dual-monitor setup! I really needed the upgrade, and productivity has increased. Also, I got a new Acer 19" Widescreen to replace (or use with) my old, but trusty, 17" HP:

The Main Dual-Monitor Setup on my Desk:


The printer that's to the right of me now, and with a USB hub in the back of it


And, if you notice, my second.....old.....elderly...HP monitor is dying, and there is a very noticeable color difference in the picture :( Its almost become fully amber

Here is where the Tower is...:


And then there is, what I like to call, the BLACK HOLE :eek:

Let me tell you, that is NOT fun to sort through when I need to go an find loose connections :(
 
Since I've been having a pretty good year, I decided to upgrade my workstation.

***snip***

work08-3.jpg




But the really fun part is what I attached to that Xonar:
PS Audio Digital Link III Digital to Analog converter
PS Audio Trio-A100 Power Amplifier (300W/ch@4ohms)
and a pair of Onix Mini Stratas

Symphony X! One of the greatest bands of all time!

Also, sweet speaker rig there. :p
 
I wish icould have my cables color coded so i know which one goes where and for what

Yeah, same here. I did buy something today, though, and it is Colored Plastic Tape made by Scotch and it is made to color code things like wires, and identify luggage and whatnot. I might try it today, too.
 
I thought about that case when we set stages for live performance the main singer gets purple and his guitar is yellow, but that would mean i would have to look at the plugs on the ends.
 
Wow that screen looks huge in your room, i need to get one in my room but dont have any extra throw away money.
 
ubergeek, your room reminds me of my shag pad back in college, aaaah thanks for the memories
 
Haha, the perks of still living at home while still in college. :p

you still live at home? I had my own place, a whole floor of a townhouse me and my buddies rented out. Its been impossible to go back to anything less than shagtacular
 
you still live at home? I had my own place, a whole floor of a townhouse me and my buddies rented out. Its been impossible to go back to anything less than shagtacular


Well it's cheaper, and I'm only 22.

I have no one to move out with, my best friend is married & pregnant and my sister is married, has a kid & pregnant. (I'm a girl)
 
I was looking to get a 26inch for my room to have for movies and direct tv. but man you must be doing it big
 
what case is this?? I MUST KNOW


I believe it is a cooler master praetorian

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/11-119-035-17.jpg[/I

[url]http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119035[/url]
 
I believe it is a cooler master praetorian

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/11-119-035-17.jpg[/I

[url]http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119035[/url][/QUOTE]

grr... newegg doesnt sell it anymore.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top