• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
speakers are out of range though?

I do all critical (lol) listening on headphones. The speakers are for ambiance only. They do a solid job filling the room. There's just something comfortable about distant music that makes it feel kinda like a library. I like it.
 
thespeakerbox: whats that pioneer amp? an old pro logic thingie? model nr? I have a 409 at my parents' place :)
 
looks to be a receiver ie amp-tuner together...prob just using to power his bookshelf's.
 
setup.jpg


I've been working on it for the last week or so now. Finally doing all the renovations I've been wanting to complete for the last few years. Its pretty much done except I still have to run the speaker cables through the wall and hook that whole system up. Also clean the bottom shelf on the right lol. Other then that, its pretty much all there.
 
Lucky Lucky Luck Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky Lucky, I really like that setup on the right, but i wouldn't have my secondary like yours.
 
I really really really like that setup. Its so clean. I think a widescreen monitor for the backup would make the setup loook better. I love the look of those rocketfish cases too. So clean!!!
 
It looks nice but the left setup is going to cause a lot of neck strain unless you're very very tall. Your monitor's top should be at eye level.
 
Thanks guys. Im pretty happy with how well it came out.

The hardest part is going to be keeping the thing clear of clutter. I already have books and papers spread out across it lol.
 
looks to be a receiver ie amp-tuner together...prob just using to power his bookshelf's.

This is right. It only powers my bookshelf speakers. I use a partsexpress 10" sub with a built in amp. I wanted to keep my setup cheap, but not crap. Like i said before, its just for ambiance.
 
Mobo do not have any onboard video so i am using 8800gtx. Will replace with a cheap video card in future.

mesmerize is wallpaper on the psn network.
 
Confirmed incoming 37" 1080P LCD TV for Birthday/Christmas :p Woo!
 
thats very nice bladeiai

I really like the color of the walls and the desk very professional very clean

do you have any pictures of that stacker up close?
 
thats very nice bladeiai

I really like the color of the walls and the desk very professional very clean

do you have any pictures of that stacker up close?

Thanks,

I haven't taken any pics of it up close yet. I sold my old desktop and went for about a year on just a laptop, and I couldn't take it anymore so I just built this one about a month ago. I haven't done anything special with it yet, but I'll take a couple shots and post them up on here. Maybe I'll actually do a work log this time when I actually get around to modding it.

This was my last desktop that I actually sold to another [H] member
DSC00026.JPG


...Can you tell I'm a CoolerMaster fan?
 
I wish coolermaster would make that case again.. the glass door on the front looks high class. ^_^
 
Hello, i'm Gil, from Brazil :p

I read the [H]Forum everyday since 2006, but never posted before...

Here in Brazil the Hardwares is too expensive because the lot of importation taxes :( now this is the best config i can afford, its not much, but its mine :p

Well, lets go to the pictures:

This is my old-room, and old config (3 years ago)
oldstuff_3yeago.jpg


Old-room and previous config with old case
previus.jpg

previus2.jpg


New-room, new config, new case
05-room_.jpg

05-roomdark.jpg


DVD's Collection and some Books (some pirate dvd's , i made it myself)
05-dvdcolec.jpg


Thats my window view (Curitiba - PR - Brazil)
06-View.jpg



Config:

Intel E8200 @ 3.00Ghz (2.66 original)
Asus P5Q Deluxe
2x 1gb DDR-2 800mhz Corsair Dominator
ATI Radeon HD4850 512mb
Samsung 750gb / 250gb / 160gb - Sata 2
Spire 500W
LG L226WTQ + LG L1750S
Razer Lycosa + DeathAdder + Mantis Speed
Logitech X-530
Thermalright IFX-14 CPU Cooler
CoolerMaster C-690

At Workstation:

Old-Macbook 12"
Motorola Z3
iPod Touch 1G - 16gb
Missing my iPod Video 30gb and PSP :cool:

Well, thats it, later
 
I probably revise my setup more than anyone else. heres what its been over the past year or so

PICT0072.jpg


PICT0370.jpg


PICT0696.jpg


PICT0705.jpg
 
Now thats what I call a professional office setup. Nice:D

Thanks, this keeps it from being to professional...
yoda.jpg


Those dragons look neat, bladeiai, I'm gonna need a close-up now.

Yes my wonderful, creepy, evil office dragons... They are bronze and are supposed to be very old...

dragonoffice.jpg

dragon.jpg

dragon1.jpg


thats very nice bladeiai

I really like the color of the walls and the desk very professional very clean

do you have any pictures of that stacker up close?

Here are a couple, but its kind of dark
stacker1.jpg

stacker2.jpg
 
I think the setup looks sick but I personally would have gone for a solid and non glass desk because of cable management. When you can see through everything you can't hide anything. The cables being strung behind the desk would drive me insane. I don't see a modem anywhere. Do you hook that badboy up with a wireless card or do you have your house wired for ethernet?
 
I think the setup looks sick but I personally would have gone for a solid and non glass desk because of cable management. When you can see through everything you can't hide anything. The cables being strung behind the desk would drive me insane. I don't see a modem anywhere. Do you hook that badboy up with a wireless card or do you have your house wired for ethernet?

My desk is frosted glass, which is a nice in-between :p
 
Lol...

My revisions:
From:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032082353&postcount=730

To
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032811032&postcount=2697

And I will have pictures up January, I promise :eek:... though it'll be the 2009 thread... Moved somethings around, picking up a new tv stand sometime soon... mx air sometime soon... quickcam and stick mic... sometime soon... other than that I need to build a mount for the laptop and redrill some holes and rewire for my speakers since my desk moved to another wall in the room~
 
Lol...

My revisions:
From:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032082353&postcount=730

To
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032811032&postcount=2697

And I will have pictures up January, I promise :eek:... though it'll be the 2009 thread... Moved somethings around, picking up a new tv stand sometime soon... mx air sometime soon... quickcam and stick mic... sometime soon... other than that I need to build a mount for the laptop and redrill some holes and rewire for my speakers since my desk moved to another wall in the room~

BTW, I love your setup, it's progressed similar to mine, but I don't have pictures as far back as you do. I used to have a huge desk and stuff everywhere and I kept that for a long time until middle of high school probably where I began to realize I wanted quiet and minimal and I'm almost there now.

And well, I've asked for an LCD TV for christmas/birthday (dec 9th); and it's my 21st so It's a big one :p

Finally I'll get to treat my 360/PS3/Wii to some HD goodness! And I'll finally feel like playing GoW2/.hack//G.U./FFXII/Twilight Princess/etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top