• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bookshelfs are running from the logitech system i have and

the krks are running from a dac which goes to the laptop still trying to decide to keep the dac am using now or gettin something like the emu 0202 usb for the headphone out
 
itdept.jpg

a/s/l?
 
Oh please no, stop posting that pic. :eek:.....*stabs eyes out*.

Anyways, (blacked-out) IKEA JERKER is a good-looking desk. I bet it could handle the weight of my PC and @ least 1 CRT+1 LCD, wish I had the money for one to have @ my other place.
 
I swear, the next person who posts that picture...
I'll find a way to beat you to death with your own computer through the internet.
 
finally took some new, decent pics. and my wire management is JUST about the way i want it.

PICT0696.jpg


PICT0697.jpg
 
Rockin that CRT ;]

-I redid my room since my last post [go search it]. Gotta redrill some holes to reroute one of my speakers cause I moved my desk in my room... Hrm... have to rewire... and man I also brought out my CRT again. Just can't stop the gaming! Looks so ghey though... :T

EDIT:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032811032&postcount=2697

^Last post of the room. Moved my bed, desk, and tv stand. Hopefully by the beginning of next year I'll have pics up! Need to save a little more for everything... and I'm pretty lazy right now.
 
wtf @ the CRT....???!!!

You should do a mod job on the Dell CRT. Smash it or burn it. Thats about it. Or if your really a CRT gamer...get a pair of nice 17-19 inch Flatscreen Black CRT monitors and pair them up in Dual Display.....drool for hardcore gamers!
 
trageta, is that a malm bed? Ive been wanting one for about 4 months now, hunting on craigslist and such. how do you like it and what matress do you use? bed slats or no? box spring?

Matthew, my lcd is shipping.
 
Quite a good looking black screen there....how you been using that Dell 1990's CRT for?

ive had it about 4 years, I got it for free and it was an upgrade from a 17" non-flat crt. I play all my games at 1600x1200 on it. shes getting a little tired now though, colors arent as rich as they used to be. Perfect time for replacement.
 
Just another question...how are you able to use that Steering Wheel when its mounted on the other side?
 
haha i move it when i use it. I just like it out of the way when its not in use.
 
trageta, is that a malm bed? Ive been wanting one for about 4 months now, hunting on craigslist and such. how do you like it and what matress do you use? bed slats or no? box spring?

I was at Ikea earlier today, actually yesterday now. The Malm bed was on sale for $99. The bed is too low for my tastes, but its still a nice looking bed.
 
ive had it about 4 years, I got it for free and it was an upgrade from a 17" non-flat crt. I play all my games at 1600x1200 on it. shes getting a little tired now though, colors arent as rich as they used to be. Perfect time for replacement.


That's a good monitor, I'm pretty that's the same one that I'm using. 1600x1200@85Hz is nice. Sometime soon I'll probably get a new monitor but for now my CRT is holding it's color pretty well though I think the brightness is starting to go which is causing me to knock the brightness down every once in a while.
 
trageta, is that a malm bed? Ive been wanting one for about 4 months now, hunting on craigslist and such. how do you like it and what matress do you use? bed slats or no? box spring?

Matthew, my lcd is shipping.

Yup, MALM. And yeah, IKEA hit it on sale for 99$ QUEEN instead of it's original 199$. Big time bargain. If you don't live by an IKEA... damn. Haha. Uhh... I use the matt that came off my futon, its actually pretty comfy. If you look in the link I posted, there's a link that goes back to my older setup. You can see the futon I had. Yeah, you have to have slats with it to rest your mattress on.
 
Yup, MALM. And yeah, IKEA hit it on sale for 99$ QUEEN instead of it's original 199$. Big time bargain. If you don't live by an IKEA... damn. Haha. Uhh... I use the matt that came off my futon, its actually pretty comfy. If you look in the link I posted, there's a link that goes back to my older setup. You can see the futon I had. Yeah, you have to have slats with it to rest your mattress on.


well the slats are purchased separate, thats why i asked. which is weird, they say box spring on the floor and mattress on that, seems weird.

yeah I saw that malm for $100, what a steal. Wish I lived closer, its like 45 min each way and id need my mom to take me with her van. Oh well, craigslist has a deal every so often. :) yours looks great with the black sheets too, definately what I will do.
 
I find those wooden slats for IKEA shit are annoying. I had them fall off while sleeping so i just removed them entirely.
 
I find those wooden slats for IKEA shit are annoying. I had them fall off while sleeping so i just removed them entirely.

so your box spring is on the floor?

and ps- they really should have called it a spring box, what were they thinking?
 
Mine sits just fine... and yeah thatmakes sense though. Boxspring on the floor~ - You'd save on not buying the slats or the support bar.
 
^Sounds experienced...

Good thing my gf isn't overweight HAHAHAHAH EZ?

jk guy. Hell I just crash on mine, no problems ;o Box springin it probably can support ... whatever it is he is speaking of.
 
If you have a gf, finace or wife, that bed will fall apart within couple months.

mine hasn't fallen apart yet. squeaks like a mother fucker though.

I suppose my biggest beef with the black malm set is that it's so easy to chip away and scuff the finish away. that and you can see the scuff from a mile way.
 
Nice setup. However I'd make sure that gateway doesn't have a bestec PSU. If it does replace it.
They are now having the same issues e machines are with horrible failures.
 
finally took some new, decent pics. and my wire management is JUST about the way i want it.

PICT0696.jpg


PICT0697.jpg

Hi mnewxcv, I wish I can figure a way to tug my wires away like you did. Nice and clean. Great job!
I have noticed something though that your drawers might be able to move to the left side on the table so you can move the unit to the floor at your right for better ventilation. Also can clear the table for a wide screen and move the big speakers further apart. Hey, just a suggestion.

Have a nice day.
 
inside the rig
img0520tg7.jpg


the homework station
img0548jt9.jpg


the entertainment / heavy work station (taken from the perspective of a very comfy futon).
img0561hs3.jpg


Not too bad for a tiny 20 x 11 foot room that has two people living it =P
 
inside the rig
http://i35.tinypic.com/2ps3d09.jpg[/IM]

the homework station
[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iw58hw.jpg[/IM]

the entertainment / heavy work station (taken from the perspective of a very comfy futon).
[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2mpk7s8.jpg[/IM]

Not too bad for a tiny 20 x 11 foot room that has two people living it =P[/QUOTE]

Holy sh*t!! You go to Clemson! My parents live in Clemson and I was at that Jim Gaffigan show.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top