Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are alright, I am looking to replace them with some av123 x-ls speakers by the end of the semester when i get my work study check ;)

The R-15's sound a little muddy, like everything is just getting pushed toward the mid-range, the high's and lows don't really exist. I pretty much just crank them up for parties and stuff so it doesn't really matter, but since I am graduating this year I will need something to enjoy in my apartment HT setup.

I have the R-15's paired with a dayton sub-100 and overall the sound is pretty decent, and the sub has plenty of power to shake the walls until we get noise complaints.

Overall I am happy with the R-15s as a first HT speaker, but don't expect amazing things from a $50/pair set of speakers.

they are alright, I am looking to replace them with some av123 x-ls speakers by the end of the semester when i get my work study check ;)

The R-15's sound a little muddy, like everything is just getting pushed toward the mid-range, the high's and lows don't really exist. I pretty much just crank them up for parties and stuff so it doesn't really matter, but since I am graduating this year I will need something to enjoy in my apartment HT setup.

I have the R-15's paired with a dayton sub-100 and overall the sound is pretty decent, and the sub has plenty of power to shake the walls until we get noise complaints.

Overall I am happy with the R-15s as a first HT speaker, but don't expect amazing things from a $50/pair set of speakers.

I second that. I went to get a pair of R15s when they were on sale at Frys and the salesman did his job and got me to buy a pair of monitor 30s. I later tried to pair them w/ rear r15's, but they just sucked way to much for me.

wow are you kidding me? i got these for 40bucks at frys, i bought 2 pairs. and on my system they sound great, they bump like monsters! i have two r50s and two older bose bookself speakers, two lanzar 15 subs in a custom box, and 4 r15s all in my room and it bumps like a monkey! i have an old ass home audio amp and an old equalizer hooked up to my sony receiver thats hooked up to my pc and ps2.

cardboard-office.jpg

LoL ^_^ Proud to make this a worthy set up ^_^

lol Diabolik they still play yugioh cards

NICE MonK_TanG i lovethe clean finsih to ur setup ;)

hehe ^_^
LoL I see that other guy beats me hands down.....Uses kids as a PC/workstation hahaha Full 3d grafX and such life-like detail lol

Back at the university housing (apartment like). Different setup with a new HDTV downstairs. Enjoy.

P9220028.jpg

P9220027.jpg

P9210023.jpg

P9210022.jpg

P9210021.jpg

P9220035.jpg

P9220036.jpg

P9220034.jpg

P9220033.jpg

P9220032.jpg

P9220031.jpg

P9220029.jpg

P9220001.jpg

P9220002.jpg

P9220003.jpg

P9220005.jpg

P9220006.jpg

O I forgot a really big part of our house. :)

P9220008.jpg

ashfoot, where'd you get that lost planet poster?

definately want one for my dorm...

edit: and the simpsons one if you please, cant seem to find a place to buy that specific one anywhere :/

So, here's my crappy desk. It's not much, but I like it :p

s4022439.jpg

s4022442.jpg

s4022443.jpg

Laptop:
Dell Inspiron 1501
AMD Turion X2, TL-52
2GB RAM, dual ch
120 GB hdd, Samsung
Radeon X1150
15.4" wide screen
runnind OpenSuse 10.2 (I will install the 10.3 RC later this day, to give it a try), Backtrack 2.0, Ubuntu Feisty and, for some unknown reasons (let's say, for Macromedia and some lame games I still like to play), Vista Ultimate.

Desktop (my main rig):
Sempron 3000+, rev. E6, sk. 754
Asrock K8NF3 (it does the job, though)
1GB GeIL, DDR400
160GB Western Digital, SATA 2 (used to have two of these in raid, but one of them decided to die and I'm not going to buy another one, since I'm looking forward to buy a new computer and the Sempy will end as a Linux server)
GF4 MX440 ( not a gamer)
Some lame case modding, about 8 of 80mm FANs with LEDs (some of them subvolted in order to reduce the noise level), a big red neon powerd directly at 220V :D
LCD: LG L1919S, 19" (I'm quite satisfied with it)
This rig runs various Linux distros, from Arch, to Debian, Centos, Fedora, DarkstarLinux (a Romanian distro, actually 'unde construction') and Open Solaris to fill my sleepless nights :)

First Linux server (firewall/NAT/ small Samba server)
AMD K6@500Mhz
unknown mob
256 SDRAM
4MB video card
20GB Samsung + 10 GB Hitachi
Running Debian Etch

Second Linux server (actually out of service, but it used to be a LAMP server)
PII MMX @333Mhz
unknown mob
192 SDRAM
integrated video
5GB Hdd (I think it's a WD)
Vector Linux

So, that's my little corner of hell. My hardware sucks big time compared to many of yours, but, since I'm a Linux guy, it servers me well and, for now I don't need something more. Btw, please ignore my possible writing mistakes, but I'm not a native English speaker. Cheers and greetings from Romania! :D

What crappy desk? :confused: ? All I see is the desk top :eek::eek::eek::eek: roflmao
get it now boys before the ol' administrator takes it off.

O WTFs up with the Zar like pics on the wall.... see i did notice something else. :rolleyes:

ashfoot, where'd you get that lost planet poster?

definately want one for my dorm...

edit: and the simpsons one if you please, cant seem to find a place to buy that specific one anywhere :/

Well I'm kind of a manager at a Regal Cinemas and we have a lot of posters so I get to choose from the lot of them when they are done using them/ have too many to care. I got the Lost Planet poster about a year ago at the movie theater which I thought was funny because it's a video game.

BrinNutz said:
Those purses are the only thing out of place..LOL

It's hard trying to find a place for them though :/

pc3vc5.jpg

pc4oc4.jpg

That dresser in the background was my old desk, no place for the legs with a tiny keyboard tray, it was hell :x So happy with the new desk!

New dorm room at St Andrews;

I3010004w.jpg

Windows XP Pro on the right, Macbook (OSX/Vista Business) in the middle, openSuSE 10.2 on the left. Debian fileserver (with APC UPS) & BSD firewall are under the desk, hi-fi to the left, speakers are unfortunately on the floor until I find some stands, laser printer down next to the bed. I've got 2x spare LCDs along with a Dreamcast & a PS2 to hook up somewhere as well.

I3010011w.jpg

Oh yes, & my new £75 trackball :)

I3010010w.jpg

Rest of the photos here.

lost eden thats a nice dorm. my bro goes to seina college and his dorms tiny and old. theres like no room in it.

So darth, where is the actual workstation? you realize this is post your workstation right? lol you know, monitor, desk, keyboard... maybe some books?

So darth, where is the actual workstation? you realize this is post your workstation right? lol you know, monitor, desk, keyboard... maybe some books?

That better? That is my son (also in the Nov issue of CPU Mag).

The worklog is at: http://www.pdxlan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=953&start=0

You will find the outcome of my project is not quite what I had hoped for.

Took 3 months or so once I actually got the ball rolling

It's good to see you with some actual deskspace lost eden how does it feel?
It does feel pretty good :) Though I still need more... not enough space for 3 keyboards without some serious reshuffling :9

Sorry about the wires, can't do much to hide them. :(
Equipment in pic

Gaming PC on left
Spare PC in right

Linksys Cable Modem
Linksys Wired Router
80GB External HDD
HP iPaQ 1945 Pocket PC
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers
3Com Superstack II 1100 24 port Switch
22" Samsung 226BW 2ms LCD
15" MAG 25ms LCD
Logitech L300 RF Wireless Keyboard and Mouse on Spare
Dell USB keyboard and Razer Diamondback Plasma Limited Edition on Left

cc006Custom.jpg

Dual 2.8GHz Intel Xeon 533 FSB
2.5GB ECC PC2100 DDR
no HDDs yet
48x CD-ROM
Ultra320 SCSI controller
Broadcom Gigabit ethernet

igamer: that wallpaper is crazy. I had to get rid of it after a few hours, it messes with the mind.

Edit Where did you get that massive NOS sticker?

You assumed correctly.
Somewhat.

i may be wrong about the Sponsor part. Unless they are made by Coca Cola, I'm not exactly sure why they were on the free stuff table. Coca Cola was one of our sponsors. so..... I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back