Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its actually [Ao1] Rocks! I would crazy if it said AOL Rocks. [Ao1] is the clan I'm a leader in.

Geez man...TWO gaming rigs? How come?

...and a Quad core server? Talk about a tad excessive :confused:

But props for the Crysis wallpaper. (That is Crysis right? It's kind of hard to tell.)

But props for the Crysis wallpaper. (That is Crysis right? It's kind of hard to tell.)

The wallpaper is just a pic of a road off of www.interfacelift.com ,

the rig on the right only has a 32MB NVIDIA TNT2 M64 Card in it, which came out in '99. It is a 3GHz P4 HT though.

and finally, its Dual Single Core, and I got it free from my neighbor, who works for the local schoool district, and they got monies for new server, even though this one was perfiectly fine.

iGamer, what do you think of those Klipsch speakers?

I love em, I do have the bass set to about 50%. It gets way too boomy, if set any farther. I replaced my Dell 525 2.1 speakers with these. and the difference is like night and day. The other day I plugged in those Dells, and I thought, wow I had these????? They were seriously lacking in highs and lows. I would highly reccomend the Klipsch ProMedia.

What wrong with 2 gaming rigs? What is wrong with quad core server eh?

Yes its a Crysis wallpaper. :)

2 Gaming rigs since there one always not working... :rolleyes: (currently working, I hope It stays that way.)

The quad is very useful since I host a game server and file server. Oh and its folding. :D

2 Gaming rigs since there one always not working... :rolleyes: (currently working, I hope It stays that way.)

The quad is very useful since I host a game server and file server. Oh and its folding. :D

haha I never said there was anything wrong with having 2 gaming rigs. It's just seems a tad "excessive" if you are the only one that uses them ;)

haha I never said there was anything wrong with having 2 gaming rigs. It's just seems a tad "excessive" if you are the only one that uses them ;)

I dont think I would want to bring my 70 pound watercooled gaming rig with me on a lan party, now do I.

LOL I thought he was talking to me, nevermind...... ( goes off and cries in a corner.)

My waterbox is on the operating table right now, so I'm in the Antec 900.

Notice the ghetto-fabulous speaker stand :D i ran out of space on the desk (office depot onyx best $60 ever) The mousepad needs replaced, any suggestions? Thinking a ratpadz GS simply because of the reputation/price ratio, all I've really used is an x-trac ripper and I didnt like it.
DSC_0030.jpg

And a closeup of the monster that is my cable management (power supply on the bottom makes it impossible).
DSC_0031.jpg

The mousepad needs replaced, any suggestions? Thinking a ratpadz GS simply because of the reputation/price ratio, all I've really used is an x-trac ripper and I didnt like it.

The ratzpad works great for me! if you are looking for just a little more edge, get the ice-slide or seomthing like that, replacement pads that go on the bottom of your logitech mouse. it adds (or takes away) a little more edge to free-er movement. you can probably get it at frys, newegg, or perforamancepcs.com for like 5 bucks.

Eh, you just retire the old ones and they become folding rigs. I have two SLI and two crossfire systems just sitting around pounding out work units. Use my lappy most of the time anyway.

Here's mine (its an update, my last post got murdered in the database crash)

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

Computer specs are in the sig & specs for the audio equip as posted in the audio section here:

Pioneer VSX-D711 Receiver (connected via SPDIF)
Pioneer S-CR400-K Center
Infinity Primus P-150 Bookshelf
KLH Audio Systems 9250B Floorstanding
KLH Audio Systems Tremor E-10FB Subwoofer

nice setup! i have a surround sound setup in my room to! i got 2 15's too. its posted early in this thread maybe like 5 pages back.
i see halo mountain dew! its hella good!

what speakers are those anyways? Those are freakin huge!

This regards the post jag0 quoted.

Got it at costco about 2 years ago. It has served me well and is continuing to do so. Cushion is pretty thick.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11174576&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|1892|3207|53382|69422&N=4024334&Mo=23&pos=0&No=12&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=69422&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC15792-Cat53382&topnav=

If that link doesnt take you to the right place, just search 11174576 on costco's website.

Regards.

Nice setup man, could you tell me what chair you're using there? I'm looking to replace mine.

soaped, where did you get the little half-rack on the right? I've been looking at consolidating my server and networking equipment, but all I can ever find are massive full-size racks.

It is a 4ft rack from monoprice.com.

Search for Product ID 993 (black), or 992 (beige).

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=105&cp_id=10516&cs_id=1051601&p_id=993&seq=1&format=2

I dont remember it being that price (was lower), but I bought it about a year ago.

Regards.

soaped, where did you get the little half-rack on the right? I've been looking at consolidating my server and networking equipment, but all I can ever find are massive full-size racks.

Does anyone know where I can get spare Jerker parts? Stinks having a Jerker and not being able to add anymore shelves.

It's been a while since I've been here. Such a wealth of knowledge in these forums. Thought I would add my little slice of hell to the mix. Here's my work space in my apartment. Unfortunately, it truly is a "work"space and I don't get to game as much as I would like to. Please excuse the cables everywhere, but these are amorphic/mobile set-ups and it can't be tied down. Things change monthly.

desk.JPG

deskfull.JPG

This is my rackmount recording computer. AMD64
deskrear.JPG

The DLP is kinda of dead weight until I figure out where to put it. I upgraded to an LCDTV and it's too big to put anywhere else in my apartment without getting in my way
roomfull.JPG

Starscream is my boss
comp.JPG

What figure class is that Starscream? It looks more like a collectible figure then a toy.

Real nice setup diek. Looks like a cozy lil corner to rock in. :cool:

Wow, I wish I had a DLP just chilling in my room

I'll gladly take it off of your hands for ya :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back