Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
47b7da08b3127cce84492fc0e3470000002.jpg

Curious, what desk is this? I like the curve it appears to have a lot. I want to go triple monitor but I don't like the unnatural angle it has on my current desk (and the fact that if I don't go straight it annoys me severely). That desk basically has everything I'm looking for those so... yeah what is the name and where did you buy it!? :D

Looks like a computer geek invaded an IKEA display room. ;)

...that is to say it's stylish AND functional. XD

A computer geek invaded my IKEA and decorated my apartment... :D

Nice setup as well btw...

pcdoc that is the sickest setup i have seen in a long time. BIG ups :eek: :cool:
Nice ambent lighting too...

Curious, what desk is this? I like the curve it appears to have a lot. I want to go triple monitor but I don't like the unnatural angle it has on my current desk (and the fact that if I don't go straight it annoys me severely). That desk basically has everything I'm looking for those so... yeah what is the name and where did you buy it!? :D

Looks like a Steelcase desk. I had one similar 10 years ago. The keyboard area went up and down with a small crank.

Weighed about 1 trillion tons though ;)

I've got to agree Skrying, that is a sexy looking desk. Three monitors would be a sweet setup on that.

Who the hell wants a crank on the middle of their desk... jeez

idk why maybe becuase my breakfast was can of coke and some advil liquid gels i found that reallly funny.
and thepcdoc what are u using to make the blue lighting effect i really like it?

idk why maybe becuase my breakfast was can of coke and some advil liquid gels i found that reallly funny.
and thepcdoc what are u using to make the blue lighting effect i really like it?

I put blue mini 3" fluorescents around the entire desk towards the rear so it gives light below and above from the gap between the wall. For the cabinet I put Blue LED strips inside and on top of the cabinet to give the illusion that glow goes through the cabinet.

what kind of desk is that?

It is an Ikea business desk that I love, love love. I purchased it almost 10 years ago. They haven't sold that model for years and I have not found anything similar to it. You don't see it, but the right side of the desk goes another 4 feet or so.

My desk is the Biomorph Personal, in Gunmetal Metallic. I, like many of you I'm sure, was tired of buying desk/table after desk/table, I used to move a lot so I needed to have something that would break down easy, rebuild easy and not breakdown over time. Like the Aeron Chair, buy it right, buy it once.

The Personal (and other desks) is basically three pieces. The base plus the two desktop surfaces (that are only attached via four machine screws into a metal thread) and the little crank for adjustments; a little hole for adjustments basically.

Who the hell wants a crank on the middle of their desk... jeez

It's removable. if you need to adjust it you put the crank in then take it out. Yes, there are holes - I didn't feel like spending more on the electric version =D

The finish is second to none, it's heavy and there are a good amount of accessories for it if you need them (it comes with cable management system under the topmost portion of the desk).

It's heavy, the base alone is 90lbs - they're not cheap but I haven't had to buy a desk in seven years.

^
im like man that desk is sick then i saw the price and its just alot for a desk in my eyes.

^
im like man that desk is sick then i saw the price and its just alot for a desk in my eyes.

It was even more $$$ when I bought years ago. It totally fits my needs and it's expandible.

Curious, how many desks have you bought in the past 8 years? After buying three office chairs at various prices and was in need of buying yet another, I decided to buy a nice chair, one that would hold up. I easily spent over what the Aeron chair cost me on my first three chairs. Hindsight...

It is an Ikea business desk that I love, love love. I purchased it almost 10 years ago. They haven't sold that model for years and I have not found anything similar to it. You don't see it, but the right side of the desk goes another 4 feet or so.
It looks a lot like the IKEA Galant series desk that I have. I added sections to mine that extend it to the left and right in a similar fashion. I'll charge my digicam and post some pics in a little while.

Great setup, Doc!

My desk is the Biomorph Personal, in Gunmetal Metallic. I, like many of you I'm sure, was tired of buying desk/table after desk/table, I used to move a lot so I needed to have something that would break down easy, rebuild easy and not breakdown over time. Like the Aeron Chair, buy it right, buy it once.

The Personal (and other desks) is basically three pieces. The base plus the two desktop surfaces (that are only attached via four machine screws into a metal thread) and the little crank for adjustments; a little hole for adjustments basically.

It's removable. if you need to adjust it you put the crank in then take it out. Yes, there are holes - I didn't feel like spending more on the electric version =D

The finish is second to none, it's heavy and there are a good amount of accessories for it if you need them (it comes with cable management system under the topmost portion of the desk).

It's heavy, the base alone is 90lbs - they're not cheap but I haven't had to buy a desk in seven years.
I've seen your desk in an architect friend's office. It's quite an impressive piece of equipment. My friend absolutely loves it.

Thanks for posting InfernalMachine. I do really like the desk, the shape is awesome, the independent adjust is awesome, everything about it screams quality. I also certainly see where you're coming from about buying quality and sticking to it, it simply lasts and in the long run will save you money. I would certainly be all over this desk, but the price is very high for what it is. Maybe later on, maybe some other companies will start to catch on to what a quality desk is made out of. Again thanks for posting, the company will certainly be in my bookmarks and hopefully in the future I can afford one.

It was even more $$$ when I bought years ago. It totally fits my needs and it's expandible.

Curious, how many desks have you bought in the past 8 years? After buying three office chairs at various prices and was in need of buying yet another, I decided to buy a nice chair, one that would hold up. I easily spent over what the Aeron chair cost me on my first three chairs. Hindsight...

ive bought one desk in my years and it was this one. i had one b4 and i liked it more as it didnt have the stupid top to it.

setup002005.jpg

hardforumpics002.jpg

Here's my current setup. The desk is an IKEA Galant that replaced my old Jerker. I picked up that storage cart from the Container Store, last week. I sold my SFF PC and ordered a new desktop (in sig). For now, my Latitude D620 work laptop is my main PC.

My main computers connected to a 20.1" Samsung 204B LCD via a USB KVM.
Computer specs:

Left Bottom:
2.40B GHz Pentium 4 Northwood, 533MHz FSB, 1.5GB PC2700, BFG 6600 GT OC 128MB.
Left Top:
2.80A GHz Pentium 4 Northwood, 400MHz FSB, 2GB PC3200 DC @ 2100, BFG 6800 OC 128MB.
Right Top:
2.80C GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood, 800MHz FSB, 2GB PC3200 DC, BFG 6800 GT OC 256MB.
Right Bottom:
3.40C GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood, 800MHz FSB, 3GB PC3200 DC, BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB.

My laptops:
Left:
Dell XPS M1210, 2.16GHz Core Duo Yonah, 667MHz FSB, 2GB PC2-5300 DC, NVIDIA Go7400 TC 256MB.
Right:
HP Media Center zd7030us, 3.06B GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood, 533MHz FSB, 1GB PC2700 DC, NVIDIA Go5600 128MB.

My other computers connected to a 15" KDS LCD via a KVM:
Left:
1.30GHz Pentium 4 Willamette, 400MHz FSB, 512MB PC800 RDRAM DC, BFG 5200 256MB.
Right:
1.60GHz Pentium 4 Willamette, 400MHz FSB, 1GB PC2100, BFG 5600 256MB.
Left, Under Desk:
2.60GHz Celeron Northwood, 400MHz FSB, 1GB PC2100, BFG 6200 OC 256MB PCI. (Computer was given to me by a friend that upgraded.)

My file and print server:
333MHz Pentium II Deschutes, 66MHz bus, 256MB PC66, NVIDIA Quadro2 MXR 32MB.

Right Top:
2.80C GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood, 800MHz FSB, 2GB PC3200 DC, BFG 6800 GT OC 256MB.
Right Bottom:
3.40C GHz Pentium 4 HT Northwood, 800MHz FSB, 3GB PC3200 DC, BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB[/URL]

Could you tell me what brand/model of case you have on the right side. I just got one recently from a friend and I don't know what it is..

Hi there, Just joined today after stumbling across the site. I love it, and hate it. Im now sure I will have to buy a nicer case than my el cheapo ugly case.

In any case here are my pictures of my work area at home.
computer2.jpg

Shot of my Dell 22' WS and Dell 19" Flat Panel
computer3.jpg

Shot of my USB External Drives
computer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back