Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
computarjf3.jpg

I've decided the next big thing I'm going to buy is a big monitor. 17" doesn't cut it anymore.

lens on the camera...if you notice the lamp post is bent as well as are the speakers

lens on the camera...if you notice the lamp post is bent as well as are the speakers

no, look at the lines on the monitor and receiver. they are strait and the desk is bending. the lamp post may be bent looking because of the lens but the desk is mostly giving way.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7697/computarjf3.jpg[img]

I've decided the next big thing I'm going to buy is a big monitor. 17" doesn't cut it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Why did you even get the z-5500's?

Why did you even get the z-5500's?

Yeah, WTF? Should have bought some 2.1 speakers instead. I guess some people just don't care about how things sound. But I forgive him as he posted some nice pics and the desk is pretty neat:D .

You bought a Z line in black? or did u paint it cuz i've only seen the silver ones.

the TV is not really that high up, the picture is kind of distorted from the panorama software. here are a few straight shots, sorry for the mess, I will clean it up tomorrow, and I plan on tackling the wire mess sometime soon.

I basically got home from college and threw everything together without putting much thought into it. I just wanted to get everything up and running.

The Z-Line did come in black (both the AV rack and the desk)

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

ah very nice. i'm used to looking directly or down at TV's so thats a little high for my taste :D

compslckr, is that a Logitech iFeel mouse? I used to have one; i think it has the best shape of any mouse i've ever used, and i can't find any modern-gaming mice similar to it. :(

which features are you looking for?!

Well, on-the-fly sensitivity changing would be nice, 2 side buttons, optical sensor (preferably) and nice feet. Basically, my choice is out of the Razer Diamondback, Copperhead, Deathadder and Logitech G5. The Copperhead looks very similar in shape to that Logitech mouse pictured above, but the laser sensor is putting me off. Then there's the Diamondback, which is very similar to the Copperhead but with an optical sensor (great!), but the rear of the mouse is a lot shallower which, i fear, will mean i can't rest my palm on it. Also, both the Copperhead and Diamondback lack on-the-fly sensitivity changing and don't have very good feet. So this leaves me with the G5 and Deathadder. My current mouse, which is a £7 laser mouse i got from eBay sucks; this is the reason i don't really like laser mice, they feel jumpy and jittery and don't seem to track very smoothly. Anyway, since it's a similar shape to the G5, i think it would make quite a nice upgrade (although not being the ideal shape, and i'm still wary of getting a laser mouse again). So this leaves me with the Deathadder. Apparantly, it has one of the best sensors out there, but it lacks on-the-fly sensitivity changing and i've never used a mouse of that shape so i can't be sure i'd like it. Oh, there's also the MX518, which should be perfect (well, again, not the ideal shape, but i know i can stand it since it's similar in shape to the mouse i use now). You can change the DPI on the mouse, it has the side buttons, optical sensor, but lacks descent feet. I really don't know what to get.. :confused:

Nice setup, michaLcoughliN. Glass desks look awesome; your mouse doesn't match the rest of your setup, though. :p

My current set up, although battery life in my MX1000 has started to plummet so now I have an excuse to get a new mouse soon ;)

complete.jpg

Innards, still gotta' tweak the cabling a bit, but overall very happy...

Interior2.jpg

Just got this the other day for 20 bucks at work. Worked out really well. Just need to get some lighter fluid or paint thiner to get that tape residue off the front draws.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if WD40 will do that for you.

My current set up, although battery life in my MX1000 has started to plummet so now I have an excuse to get a new mouse soon ;)

http://users.zoominternet.net/~rubrsoul/hardware/complete.jpg[/MG]

Innards, still gotta' tweak the cabling a bit, but overall very happy...

[IMG]http://users.zoominternet.net/~rubrsoul/hardware/Interior2.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

i LOVE that keyboard :D

i LOVE that keyboard :D

Yea, it's tough to find a keyboard without too much rubbish on it these days, I like it quite a bit. Nice for typing and gaming and only $25.

EDIT: I keep getting tempted by the Logitech G11, but for some reason the idea of a keyboard that needs bloated drivers really grinds on my nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back